Roy Williams Rule, Expanded.

Sknsnation

Reaction score
t.o.boys81 said:
Are you kidding? Roy is one of the fastest player in the NFL. He's faster than any crappy Commander out there.
Too bad he had such a hard time keeping up with that slow poke Moss last yr not once but twice,and both within a span of 5 mins. :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: P.S. To stay in topic this is a dumb rule change

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Just like a deadskin weirdo to come to another board to feel more like a winner.
We are discussing a rule and how idiotic it is, and all you can do is come over to God country, and make your little criminal sean "Penn" taylor look good.

Da Hammer

The Natural
Reaction score
DallasDomination said:
Agree it's getting really bad but the NBA is in another league when it comes to little wussy Crap.

I dont even watch the NBA anymore it's boring as hell.
I still watch the NBA but i agree that its kind of getting boring to watch. This year was the first that i have enjoyed watching College basketball more than the NBA, especially the tournament.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Da Hammer
WOW the NFL is becoming worse than the NBA at some of the rules when it comes to fouls. you might as well just turn the game into flag football, this is really absurd

Actually, the problem with the NBA is they allow their players to get handchecked to death and mugged in the paint.

When the players go to the Olympics, the Olympic officials actually call handchecks and don't play favorites. And every time they go to the Olympics they complain about the refereeing. The Olympic refs are really calling the game the way it should be called.

It was only until recently that the NBA started to call more handchecks and not be so nit picky with moving screens. That in affect helped increase scoring and make the game a bit more watchable than it was 5 years ago. It's still not good refereeing, but it's because the NBA is unwilling to call fouls.

Rich........

wesleyc288

Believer
Reaction score
Sknsnation said:
Too bad he had such a hard time keeping up with that slow poke Moss last yr not once but twice,and both within a span of 5 mins. :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

did anyone say moss was a slow poke?

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
I've seen Taylor many times tackle someone by the jersey.

But the penalty is not illeagle in prison so he shouldn't have to worry. Its a penalty for NFL players only.

Gamebreaker

Benched
Reaction score
Yakuza Rich said:
Actually, the problem with the NBA is they allow their players to get handchecked to death and mugged in the paint.

When the players go to the Olympics, the Olympic officials actually call handchecks and don't play favorites. And every time they go to the Olympics they complain about the refereeing. The Olympic refs are really calling the game the way it should be called.

It was only until recently that the NBA started to call more handchecks and not be so nit picky with moving screens. That in affect helped increase scoring and make the game a bit more watchable than it was 5 years ago. It's still not good refereeing, but it's because the NBA is unwilling to call fouls.

Rich........

I agree with you, that is exactly the problem with the NBA. Unfortunately, I don't see it getting better. They continue to cater to the "superstar" players allow them get away with murder on the court, and those same players expect the same treatment when playing Argentina. IMO, they deserved to get embarassed.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
FootballFan86 said:
I can't say I agree with you. They were caused by grabbing the shoulder pads.

Look here: http://www.***BANNED-URL***/s/dws/spe/2005/horse_collar_tackle/

Roy didn't grab Tyrone Calico's shoulder pads at all, and it's debatable whether he had shoulder pads on Musa Smith or Terrell Owens.

superpunk

Reaction score
Gamebreaker said:
I agree with you, that is exactly the problem with the NBA. Unfortunately, I don't see it getting better. They continue to cater to the "superstar" players allow them get away with murder on the court, and those same players expect the same treatment when playing Argentina. IMO, they deserved to get embarassed.

Does the league still agree with you that Roy Williams tackles the way he does because he is too slow to do otherwise? Or does dumbness beget dumbness?

Who is faster? Sean Taylor or Roy Williams?

Gamebreaker

Benched
Reaction score
sacase said:
Roy Williams Draft info:
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2002/profiles/williams_roy.htm
4.53 in the 40-yard dash

Sean Taylor:
http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/sean_taylor
4.54 in the 40-yard dash

Doesn't it suck to be wrong.

You must have never played football. How exactly does .01 seconds translate on the field? Furthermore, does every player run the same speed of their 40 yard dash on ever play? The answers should be obvious.

I also said they both ran a 4.5, was I wrong? :confused:

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
The Musa Smith injury happened because he stiff armed Roy which caused him to fall across his leg. The supposed horse collar didn't cause the injury.

Gamebreaker

Benched
Reaction score
Cowboy_love_4ever said:
Just like a deadskin weirdo to come to another board to feel more like a winner.
We are discussing a rule and how idiotic it is, and all you can do is come over to God country, and make your little criminal sean "Penn" taylor look good.

Who was the first poster to mention Sean Taylor? A Cowboys fan. Pay attention, homer.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
Look, RW has decent speed, but he's not faster than everyone on the Skins. I'm fairly sure Moss, Portis, even Carlos Rogers is faster. I can't tell you with certainty who would win a foot race between ST and RW but it would be close (as would any pure 40 time). I would say ST by a nose.

The real subject at hand is the penalty which does not need to be extended. They called the penalty twice last year (neither on RW). Nobody got hurt. Gear up the dresses because if you can't tackle someone from behind, at least dive at their knees so they can blow their ACL into the 3rd row and give some lucky fan a souviener. Sounds logical.

Also, if you really think RW was trying to hurt people and purposelly falling on their legs, you might check the tapes. Musa's injury was partly because he threw an awesome straight-arm/facemask on RW and threw him off-balance. RW's strength and momentum pulled him down on to the back of his legs.

But hey, what do I know, I just watch the games.

sacase

Reaction score
Gamebreaker said:
You must have never played football. How exactly does .01 seconds translate on the field? Furthermore, does every player run the same speed of their 40 yard dash on ever play? The answers should be obvious.

No but your claim ST is Faster than RW is wrong. I probally played football at a higher level than you thank you.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Gamebreaker said:

What is this, Wednesdays with the trolls? Go to exqueenskins country, and leave this beautiful website and all it's 5 Super Bowls alone. You are stinking up the place.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
AdamJT13 said:
Roy didn't grab Tyrone Calico's shoulder pads at all, and it's debatable whether he had shoulder pads on Musa Smith or Terrell Owens.
Adam, I keep looking and everything find says otherwise.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
AdamJT13 said:
and it's debatable whether he had shoulder pads on Musa Smith or Terrell Owens.

Real debateable?

You are full of it.

http://img87.*************/img87/3142/45phi10248mv.jpg