Roy Williams (WR) is a Cowboy! *** Merged ***

ValleyBoyz

Reaction score
Well Jerry said that we've been trying to acquire Roy for 2 years now. If there was any doubt as to Hos' credibility that pretty much ends the conversation. Great work man

""We've been trying to trade for Roy Williams for two years," Jones said. "Two straight drafts, I tried to make a trade with Detroit and couldn't get it done. At the league owners meetings (last year), I tried to talk to Detroit about trading for him. He's certainly someone we've pursued the last few years."

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/news.cfm?id=FDBA8EB5-EAE6-C39B-DC35C76817F384CA

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2340302 said:
He will be really good he had Kitna throwing to him and he made the pro bowl how does that not get you excited about him ?

He had one good year and several mediocre ones. He hasn't been to the probowl in 2 years and he wasn't on track to go this year.

Like i said he better be good and I'll be rooting for him.

juck

Reaction score
zrinkill;2340319 said:
We already had a 4th from Detroit from this years draft.
o ok.this isnt bad at all,except the first.I mean we get a good WR.I wont say he is in TO caliber yet til i see him playing here and being happy.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
YoMick;2340316 said:
bagdad_bob_large.gif

Roy Williams is not on the trading block.
I repeat we have no interest in trading Roy under any circumstances.

:laugh2:
:lmao:

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
mr.jameswoods;2340313 said:
It's nothing personal but I think it matters as to where the source originates from. I'm not disputing the details of this current trade. I'm not suggesting the Lions would have accepted less. What I am disputing is the idea that the Lions would have absolutely demanded a 1st, and a 3rd in the offseason had Williams been franchised. If the source worked for the Lions or the Detroit press then I think there is some credibility to that. If your source is a Dallas-related source, then how would they know for a fact what Detroit would do in the offseason. So I'm not accusing you of lying or making up information but I would question your source's information if he or she was not directly tied to the Lions.
So question the information. I will get over it I assure you.

Again, I was not guessing.

juck

Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins;2340349 said:
He had one good year and several mediocre ones. He hasn't been to the probowl in 2 years and he wasn't on track to go this year.

Im on the fence too Fuzz,but I will say he is home now and will be happy,we saw it with Moss and Leonard Davis,etc....The guy is definitely a number 1.But I will wait to judge when he performs on the field.He definitely is no Randy Moss or TO and Moss got bought for what a 4th?

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins;2340349 said:

He will be good.......

mr.jameswoods

Reaction score
Hostile;2340270 said:
I'll just say this and you give it whatever weight you want.

I was NOT guessing. I've taken no credit for this but instead have deflected credit to the source who wishes to remain anonymous. I have reasons to respect those wishes.

I never accused you of guessing or lying for that matter. I believe that you are reporting what your source is telling you. I just question your source. How would this person be in any position to state for a fact that Detroit would only accept a 1st and 3rd pick if Roy Williams were to have the franchise tag placed on him in free agency. That's quite an assumption unless the person worked for the Lions or in a position that was privy to such information.

I won't ask you for your source but at the same time, I'm not going to believe that the Lions would have absolutely demanded a 1st and a 3rd had Roy been given the franchise tag in free agency. You haven't said anything to convince me otherwise.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
mr.jameswoods;2340376 said:
I never accused you of guessing or lying for that matter. I believe that you are reporting what your source is telling you. I just question your source. How would this person be in any position to state for a fact that Detroit would only accept a 1st and 3rd pick if Roy Williams were to have the franchise tag placed on him in free agency. That's quite an assumption unless the person worked for the Lions or in a position that was privy to such information.

I won't ask you for your source but at the same time, I'm not going to believe that the Lions would have absolutely demanded a 1st and a 3rd had Roy been given the franchise tag in free agency. You haven't said anything to convince me otherwise.

At this point who cares? The source was right. questioning his credibility after the fact is pointless.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
mr.jameswoods;2340376 said:

There's no assumption about that. He would have been franchised and it would cost a 1st and 3rd to get him.....

mr.jameswoods

Reaction score
Hostile;2340364 said:
So question the information. I will get over it I assure you.

Again, I was not guessing.

Apparently, you haven't gotten over it because you have been extremely defensive for no reason. If someone asked me these questions, I would not be offended in the least bit and would consider them valid questions. If I couldn't answer them, I would just tell them so but I wouldn't take their requests so personally.

mr.jameswoods

Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2340396 said:
There's no assumption about that. He would have been franchised and it would cost a 1st and 3rd to get him.....

Again, how do you know that for sure?

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
ValleyBoyz;2340340 said:
Well Jerry said that we've been trying to acquire Roy for 2 years now. If there was any doubt as to Hos' credibility that pretty much ends the conversation. Great work man

""We've been trying to trade for Roy Williams for two years," Jones said. "Two straight drafts, I tried to make a trade with Detroit and couldn't get it done. At the league owners meetings (last year), I tried to talk to Detroit about trading for him. He's certainly someone we've pursued the last few years."

I think the answer to this question is simply: Matt Millen.

This deal gets done ALOT sooner IMO. Matt was baffoon and wouldnt make a deal.

As soon as "reasonable" management was in place - BOOM the deal got done. A bunch of picks to rebuild the organization.

With that said, Hostile would have been RIGHT ON TIME with his info.

mr.jameswoods

Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins;2340405 said:
Signing a franchised player to an offer sheet is 2 firsts not a first and a third.

Is that the rule? I didn't know that. Then this trade makes sense. I thought Atlanta just gave one first round pick for Peerless Price but that was quite a while ago.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
mr.jameswoods;2340425 said:
Is that the rule? I didn't know that. Then this trade makes sense. I thought Atlanta just gave one first round pick for Peerless Price but that was quite a while ago.

I am pretty sure it is two 1's.

deion branch was dealt in this scenario.

Just think Seattle gave up two 1's for deion branch.

Trading for wr never works out or equates to a championship though. So that is a concern.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
mr.jameswoods;2340397 said:
Apparently, you haven't gotten over it because you have been extremely defensive for no reason. If someone asked me these questions, I would not be offended in the least bit and would consider them valid questions. If I couldn't answer them, I would just tell them so but I wouldn't take their requests so personally.
I am not the least bit offended. You're the one getting upset because I won't say more than what I have already said. You can't accept the fact that I am not making something up. Okay. That's perfectly fine.

You were wrong in your assumptions. I tried to simply address that. If it is that upsetting to be wrong, I apologize to you for upsetting you.

RainMan

Makin' It Rain
Reaction score
theebs;2340437 said:
I am pretty sure it is two 1's.

deion branch was dealt in this scenario.

Just think Seattle gave up two 1's for deion branch.

Trading for wr never works out or equates to a championship though. So that is a concern.

Yep. Roy isn't going to single handedly take this team to a title. Anyone who thinks that is kidding themselves. Like you said, receivers don't do that in this league.

But he helps, and you're not unloading a ridiculous amount of picks for him. Yeah, you're losing a 1 and a 3, but we still have a 2 and a 3 next year on a team that will only be able to carry so many rookies. Still plenty of valuable picks to work with (we're not the Skins for crying out loud. :) )

This magnificence of this move will only materialize if the rest of the players on this team look themselves in the face and get back to playing good football. If they can do that, coupled with the arrival of Roy, this team could be headed somewhere in December.