Roy Williams (WR) is a Cowboy! *** Merged ***

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
mr.jameswoods;2340227 said:
Wow, talk about reaching. So I'm not allowed to ask about your sources particularly when you are citing one on a anonymous forum. I think you are getting defensive for no reason.
I have a source. If you need more than that, too bad. Either you can accept that I keep things in confidence or you can't.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
i would have to say that on this issue..........

James is about as right as a left wing liberal

Phantom

Benched
Reaction score
mr.jameswoods;2340222 said:
So we all have to have the same opinion otherwise we are bad?

All you have done in this thread is *****ed and moaned about a trade for a pro-bowl receiver. I don't see how that can be a bad thing, or how any negative can come from it. If everything goes according to plan, we gave up a late first round draft pick which is hit and miss. We gave up our later 3rd rounder and our later 6th rounder as well.

You honestly believe, with this deep of a roster, that those 3rd and 6th rounders would have made this roster? After the free agent signings and re-signings, as well as our 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 6th and 7th rounder PLUS compensation picks for Jones and Reeves as well?

You can't knock the front office from trying, and really, who you rather have lined up opposite T.O? Patrick "Dropsies" Crayton or Roy "Pro-Bowl" Williams?

That is pretty much the same as choosing to spend a night with Jessica Alba or a lot lizard.

mr.jameswoods

Reaction score
theebs;2340230 said:
Hostile told me who his sources were in about march I think it was.

Why you are debating this I dont know. Rest assured, it was a good source and their is nothing to nitpick here.

I don't understand why all of you are getting so combative. There was the possibility of acquiring Roy Williams as a free agent. Hostile is saying that Detroit would have franchised Williams and demanded a 1st and a 3rd pick for him. I'm sorry if I would like something a little more specific other than "My source told me so" Does that source work for the Lions, the Detroit media...what? I think it's a fair question and there is no need to be so insecure as to assume I'm being critical of you. I would just like to know. Furthermore, I'm not asking for names or job titles just who this source works for. Do you really think I'm going to track down this person. Give me a break

mr.jameswoods

Reaction score
Phantom;2340250 said:
All you have done in this thread is *****ed and moaned about a trade for a pro-bowl receiver. I don't see how that can be a bad thing, or how any negative can come from it. If everything goes according to plan, we gave up a late first round draft pick which is hit and miss. We gave up our later 3rd rounder and our later 6th rounder as well.

You honestly believe, with this deep of a roster, that those 3rd and 6th rounders would have made this roster? After the free agent signings and re-signings, as well as our 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 6th and 7th rounder PLUS compensation picks for Jones and Reeves as well?

You can't knock the front office from trying, and really, who you rather have lined up opposite T.O? Patrick "Dropsies" Crayton or Roy "Pro-Bowl" Williams?

That is pretty much the same as choosing to spend a night with Jessica Alba or a lot lizard.

I have complained about Roy Williams? Wow that's new. So all of a sudden questioning becomes my way of complaining. Interesting. Again, I think Roy is a great addition to this team, however, I don't think it's unfair for fans to question the price to which we acquired him.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
mr.jameswoods;2340254 said:
I don't understand why all of you are getting so combative. There was the possibility of acquiring Roy Williams as a free agent. Hostile is saying that Detroit would have franchised Williams and demanded a 1st and a 3rd pick for him. I'm sorry if I would like something a little more specific other than "My source told me so" Does that source work for the Lions, the Detroit media...what? I think it's a fair question and there is no need to be so insecure as to assume I'm being critical of you. I would just like to know. Furthermore, I'm not asking for names or job titles just who this source works for. Do you really think I'm going to track down this person. Give me a break
I'll just say this and you give it whatever weight you want.

I was NOT guessing. I've taken no credit for this but instead have deflected credit to the source who wishes to remain anonymous. I have reasons to respect those wishes.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score

I just dont think he can tell everyone. Simple as that. Its not rocket science.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Furthermore, I'm not asking for names or job titles just who this source works for. Do you really think I'm going to track down this person. Give me a break

This forum is very popular .....

His source probably reads it ....

He starts giving hints ...... his source dries up.

Think about it.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score

the could have franchised tagged him and he still would have cost a 1st and 3rd the only difference is the 6th round pick. We pick up an Offensive weapon that should be able to help us for the playoff push. Give me a break......

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
All I know is he better live up to all the hype that those around here have bandied about.

BTW he went to the probowl once two years ago. Michael Westbrook went to the probowl once too. Does that make him a probowl WR too.

Anyway, hes a Cowboy now and I have his back.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
zrinkill;2340274 said:
This forum is very popular .....

His source probably reads it ....

He starts giving hints ...... his source dries up.

Think about it.

his source probably gets in trouble from his boss/NFL team too

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins;2340284 said:
All I know is he better live up to all the hype that those around here have bandied about.

BTW he went to the probowl once two years ago. Michael Westbrook went to the probowl once too. Does that make him a probowl WR too.

Anyway, hes a Cowboy now and I have his back.

He will be really good he had Kitna throwing to him and he made the pro bowl how does that not get you excited about him ?

juck

Reaction score
Hostile;2339633 said:
We have...

our 2nd
a 3rd that is either ours or Cleveland's
Detroit's 4th
our 5th
the Titans 5th for Pacman being suspended.
Miami's 6th
Our 7th
Detroit's 7th

Plus 3 Compensatory picks for losing Nate, Julius, and Jacques.

Im confused on the 4th from detroit.We got a 4th and a 7th back?

mr.jameswoods

Reaction score
Hostile;2340238 said:
I have a source. If you need more than that, too bad. Either you can accept that I keep things in confidence or you can't.

It's nothing personal but I think it matters as to where the source originates from. I'm not disputing the details of this current trade. I'm not suggesting the Lions would have accepted less. What I am disputing is the idea that the Lions would have absolutely demanded a 1st, and a 3rd in the offseason had Williams been franchised. If the source worked for the Lions or the Detroit press then I think there is some credibility to that. If your source is a Dallas-related source, then how would they know for a fact what Detroit would do in the offseason. So I'm not accusing you of lying or making up information but I would question your source's information if he or she was not directly tied to the Lions.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Hostile;2340270 said:
I'll just say this and you give it whatever weight you want.

I was NOT guessing. I've taken no credit for this but instead have deflected credit to the source who wishes to remain anonymous. I have reasons to respect those wishes.

Hey Zoners,

Those of us who read daily KNOW Hos had prior solid insight into the RW trade and we appreciate him sharing it with us.........:starspin

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
bagdad_bob_large.gif

Roy Williams is not on the trading block.
I repeat we have no interest in trading Roy under any circumstances.

:laugh2:

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
juckie;2340309 said:
Im confused on the 4th from detroit.We got a 4th and a 7th back?

We already had a 4th from Detroit from this years draft.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
mr.jameswoods;2340313 said:
It's nothing personal but I think it matters as to where the source originates from. I'm not disputing the details of this current trade. I'm not suggesting the Lions would have accepted less. What I am disputing is the idea that the Lions would have absolutely demanded a 1st, and a 3rd in the offseason had Williams been franchised. If the source worked for the Lions or the Detroit press then I think there is some credibility to that. If your source is a Dallas-related source, then how would they know for a fact what Detroit would do in the offseason. So I'm not accusing you of lying or making up information but I will question your source's information.

He doesn't need to reveal his source to appease you. If you have seen host post since the summer time he's been talking about RW for a while and then he said RW would be trade most likely after the bye and when Millen got fired it improved the odds of HoS being right. What would HoS gain saying we will try and acquire RW and keep saying for months and months....

Phantom

Benched
Reaction score
mr.jameswoods;2340313 said:
It's nothing personal but I think it matters as to where the source originates from.

I have a question, do you think Adam Schefter would let you know where his sources originate from?