Roy Williams (WR) is a Cowboy! *** Merged ***

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile;2340147 said:
In truth Roy because of his young age. Glenn and TO are both nearer the end of their careers than the middle.

Roy isn't as injury prone either....

mr.jameswoods

Reaction score
Hostile;2340010 said:
Since September 2007 I have given a regular report on attempts to acquire Roy. I had an inside source. I will not reveal who. You can doubt this source if you wish. Won't bother me one bit today. You can put whatever weight you wish to on this information. What I am telling you right now is indisputable, but you are welcome to giv eit your best shot.

Is your source an employee of the Cowboys, Lions, a Dallas Journalist, a Detroit journalist? I don't need a name but I'm interested to know how you for a fact that Detroit was only interested in a 1st round pick and a 3rd round pick? Of course now that the deal has been made, it's easy to say that the only thing they would have accepted.

mr.jameswoods

Reaction score
Anyway, there is no point to arguing this. Time will tell if this was a good deal or not. It just remains to be seen. I don't think it was a good deal as of now but I hope I'm wrong and that it pays off well. I do think we needed another WR and I didn't realistically see us contending for a title without one because I knew that sooner or later, our passing attack would be shut down as good teams will smother TO much like teams did to us in 96 when we had Irvin and no one else.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
my only complaint about the entire trade is that we couldnt somehow include that waste of space, Bobby Crapenter, into the deal.....

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
mr.jameswoods;2340159 said:
Is your source an employee of the Cowboys, Lions, a Dallas Journalist, a Detroit journalist? I don't need a name but I'm interested to know how you for a fact that Detroit was only interested in a 1st round pick and a 3rd round pick? Of course now that the deal has been made, it's easy to say that the only thing they would have accepted.
Does it really matter? The guy was 100% right. Ask the people who are on here.

Phantom

Benched
Reaction score
So in essence, we trade a high 20's first round pick, our 3rd rounder(Which will be higher than the one we got from Cleveland) and a 6th rounder which will be higher than the one we got from Miami?

All in all, this was a damn good deal for a pro-bowl receiver.

mr.jameswoods

Reaction score
AdamJT13;2340057 said:
I didn't say that.

You said you think the Lions "would have settled for a first-round pick alone."

Do you think any other team would be willing to offer its first-round pick if Roy was franchise tagged next offseason?

I think other teams would have offerred similar compensation like the Eagles but I assumed Roy had a say in where he wanted to play and I know he wanted to play for Dallas so that would give us the edge in signing him.

Do you think another team like the Eagles would have offerred a first and a third round pick for him?

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score

haterade.gif

Stop drinking it.

mr.jameswoods

Reaction score
Hostile;2340178 said:
Does it really matter? The guy was 100% right. Ask the people who are on here.

Yes, it matters because you don't know for a fact that the Lions would have demanded a 1st and a 3rd round pick for Roy Williams if he were to franchised in the offseason. You are just assuming that. If your source worked for the Lions, then that would lend more credibility to your story.

Phantom

Benched
Reaction score
mr.jameswoods;2340202 said:
Yes, it matters because you don't know for a fact that the Lions would have demanded a 1st and a 3rd round pick for Roy Williams if he were to franchised in the offseason. You are just assuming that. If your source worked for the Lions, then that would lend more credibility to your story.

Do you have anything positive to contribute to this day of celebration?

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score

he would have been 1st and 3rd or two 1sts.......if he were franchised.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins;2340201 said:
Thats not saying much.

the fact that RW has played more full season that TG.... GLenn being in the league for 13 years and RW being in for 5.....w.e. you say my dude!!!!

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
If you say so James, if you say so. I am glad to know I have no credibility.

mr.jameswoods

Reaction score
Hostile;2340211 said:
If you say so James, if you say so. I am glad to know I have no credibility.

Wow, talk about reaching. So I'm not allowed to ask about your sources particularly when you are citing one on a anonymous forum. I think you are getting defensive for no reason.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score

Hostile told me who his sources were in about march I think it was.

Why you are debating this I dont know. Rest assured, it was a good source and their is nothing to nitpick here.

Maxmadden

Reaction score

Why is the credibility even an issue, it is now in fact a FACT.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

Good Lord

Are you trying to claim Hostile just guessed on something he has been talking about since last year?

Even after all the interviews Jerry did today talking about how he HAS specifically been after Roy W since last year.

Hostile has never been one to shy away from when he was wrong about something ..... he also does not claim to know more than he knows.

He has always stated that he is just the bearer of news ...... he is good enough to share it with us in a way that also protects his source.

Just drop it and appreciate the news.