Roy Williams (WR) is a Cowboy! *** Merged ***

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Who are we going to find at the bottom of the 1st round with the Talent of a high 1st round pick in Roy E. Williams?

Our team is stacked, this was a no brainer, stop complaining and let's enjoy some good news after all the Pacman crap around here.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
So that kills the need for a WR in the next Draft, more Linebackers then?

MONT17

Reaction score
Jerry must be nervous. The last time the Boys lost in Zona he benched his starting QB 4 a guy who never played b4!

Da Hammer

The Natural
Reaction score
AdamJT13;2339005 said:
He still has 11 of them in next year's draft.
Wow really awesome! if u wouldnt mind could u tell us exactly what picks we have after this trade adam???

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Some are saying a 2009 1st, 3rd and 6th.

Others are saying 2009 2nd rd and 2010 2nd rd pick.

Which is it?

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Glad to have him but a 1st, 3rd, 5th for a guy that was going to be a FA? That's a lot!

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
links18;2339018 said:
This trade means one of two things: Jerry is a moron for giving up three picks (including a first) for a player he could of gotten for free in the offseason or 2.) He really feels the team is not going to implode on him and it will do what it can to get this ship righted and make a push to win the division and compete for a title this year. I bet the Giants loss last night had a lot to do with his willingness to part with that first in this trade.

Are you serious we had 10 picks then one more for pac getting suspended so 11 then the trade and they gave us a pick so 9 !!!!!!!!!!!! Jerry Jones is the man!!!!!!!!!

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
AdamJT13;2339009 said:
We sent Detroit a first, third and sixth. We got Roy E. Williams and a seventh.

Thanks Adam!

Given that Dallas had an extra 3rd and 6th rounder coming - in addition to compensatory picks yet to come, I have no problem with the deal.

They have a top-flight receiver for this season and many beyond and in my opinion, there's noone they could have drafted next year who's in Roy Williams' class.

If the team can survive over the next month, they may be able to go on a late-season roll.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
ESPN said TO is excited about the trade. According to jerry.

which could mean nothing.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
TheCount;2339025 said:
Glad to have him but a 1st, 3rd, 5th and 7th for a guy that was going to be a FA? That's a lot!

1st 3rd 6th

Roy Williams and 7th

He plays for us this season.....I think it's a lot better

ethiostar

Reaction score
AdamJT13;2339005 said:
He still has 11 of them in next year's draft.

Hey Adam, can you breakdown the draft picks by round, as in how many in each draft?

Please.............

LucaBrasi

Sleeps with the fishes
Reaction score
We currently have 9 draft picks.

2nd
3rd (Cleveland)
4th, 4th (from Detroit)
5th, 5th (Tennessee)
6th (Miami)
7th, 7th (Detroit)

If we get 3 comp picks for Julius, Nate Jones, and Reeves we'll have 12 selections. I think Jerry values draft picks.

hairic

Reaction score
I think you saw Sam Hurd's last game as a Cowboy last week. He'll be going into RFA, with Miles Austin having more of a priority in RFA (probable 2nd round tender). I think Hurd will only get a qualifying tender to save money for Williams' deal and will be signed by another team for no compensation.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
theebs;2339033 said:
ESPN said TO is excited about the trade. According to jerry.

which could mean nothing.

Given his past, I'd be willing to bet that Jeryy talked with him about it.

Owens should be excited.

No longer can teams simply double-team him all game long.