Roy Williams (WR) is a Cowboy! *** Merged ***

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
cowboys3128;2339043 said:
Espn radio just reported that Jerry said T.O. is ecstatic about getting Roy.

I bet he is......it was reported on Talking Cowboys that even though TO won't talk about it publicly, he is disgusted with the Wrs on the other side. So yeah, he should be exited.

If only Roy could play CB until Newman comes back.

Breakout the number 11 jersey, and wash it several time with industrial strength detergent to get all the bad from Beldsoe, and give it to Roy. Actually, I would prefer he gets #88. We finally have a WR worthy of #88.

Lifetimeboyzfan

Reaction score
utrunner07;2339014 said:
I like the move but I have already seen several people claiming we are once again the Super Bowl front runners...get real people...if you truly believe that by signing Roy Williams we are once again the clear front runners, as some have said, you need to get your head examined. This team has numerous issues that need to be worked out....so yes, the move is fine (not thrilled with the cost but its prbbly safer than a draft pick with Jerry at the table) but please no more posts about inscribing our names on the trophy.

We still have to produce on the field, we are not guaranteed anything, however, I think it would be a legitimate claim to say we are the Super Bowl frontrunners. Now if Romo's injury turns out worse or we continue to get bit by the bug, then we might not be the favorite. I don't think it would is far fetched at all to call us the front runners.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
ScipioCowboy;2339090 said:
Great news.

Now we have Good Roy Williams to combine with Evil Roy Williams. Of course, the issue of who is good and who is evil in this context is largely a matter of perspective and academic pedigree.
We may just rip a hole in the space/time continuum

America's Team

Florida Cowboy
Reaction score
This has been the best news in a long time for me, in 4 or 5 weeks when everyone is healthy, we should be killin em. I think im gonna cry

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
stasheroo;2339076 said:
That all you have to say?

Let it flow man, this is great news!!!!
I'm certainly not going to crow about anything. I didn't do anything other than share the info that was shared with me.

I'm a little shocked he gave in. I figured the deal was dead. I originally heard this on the radio as a 2nd in 2009 and a 2nd in 2010. I couldn't wait to get back here and read the responses.

I like this move even for the price. I do think this is the final piece of the puzzle.

Oh, and for those worrying that we will lose him, no chance. There's already a deal. I don't know the numbers.

I wonder if he will keep #11. I suspect he will.

The Pacman at least 4 games shocked me. I thought it was going to be 1 game.

Prediction...Tony Romo will be the QB vs. the Giants and beat the 4 week deadline.

Khartun

AmarilloCowboyFan
Reaction score
ScipioCowboy;2339090 said:
Great news.

Now we have Good Roy Williams to combine with Evil Roy Williams. Of course, the issue of who is good and who is evil in this context is largely a matter of perspective and academic pedigree.

lmao!

love the sig pic btw.

MagicMan

Reaction score
links18;2339018 said:
This trade means one of two things: Jerry is a moron for giving up three picks (including a first) for a player he could of gotten for free in the offseason or 2.) He really feels the team is not going to implode on him and it will do what it can to get this ship righted and make a push to win the division and compete for a title this year. I bet the Giants loss last night had a lot to do with his willingness to part with that first in this trade.

Do you really think the Lions were going to just let RW go for nothing?? They were going to take the best offer out there, if not the 'boys then it could have been to Philly. So JJ not only gets a high caliber WR he needs, but he keeps him away from a division rival. Not bad in my book.

Bet Romo can't wait to get back and try out his new toy. :D

cowboys#1

Finish!
Reaction score
i love it! hook em horns! welcome back roy!

i think jerry trades back into the first round so dont worry guys

Woods

Reaction score
We still have quite a few draft picks next year, not to mention we typically get a player or two in FA as well.

In terms of draft picks, it seems we should have

2nd
3rd
two 4ths
5th
6th
and a 7th, I think.

Plus, we should get 2 comp picks for JJ and Reeves.

That's still a lot of picks for next year.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
TheCount;2339077 said:
I'm definitely surprised by that, and the fact there was even more tacked onto the 1st. Seems like the Lions got exactly what they wanted out of the deal, hopefully we get what we paid for.
Trust me, this guy can't wait to play here.

Wait until he is interviewed by the DFW press. His excitement is going to make you horny.

dest

Reaction score
links18;2339073 said:
you could get him for free in the offseason.

The Lions were never going to let RW walk away. They were almost certainly going to franchise tag him.

Parche

Reaction score
Chief;2339087 said:
I'm not comfortable with the price, but I guess Jerry has gotten better since 2000 when he gave up two No. 1s for Galloway.

The good:

Wide receivers take time to develop and Dallas needs a guy who is about the same age as Romo and Witten, and the core players on this team.

He is a native Texan who wanted to return, which will make his long-term signing pretty much imminent.

He has plenty of talent.

He will be a long-term replacement for Owens as the team's No. 1 receiver.

The bad:

Giving up two premium picks is a steep price.

To give up that much, I would prefer a player with more intangible qualities.

He's been dinged up in his career.

One would expect his numbers to be more impressive in the Martz offense prior to this season.

Overall, it could have been much worse -- Jerry still scares me when he drafts and trades.

The question should be: Is he the next T.O. to our franchise?? Well, no comparison so: Is he the next GO-TO guy to our franchise? And if I should answer right now, my answer is no. So, I am truly waiting (and hoping) for RW to prove me wrong.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well.

I like that we got someone opposite TO to take some of the pressure off of him and we also have Crayton in the 3rd role where he is best suited for.

Can't say I am too happy to give a 1st,3rd and 6th even if we get back a 7th. Seems like Jerry caved in here. But not going to complain about it. It is done now.

Hope he stays healthy.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
Great Job Jerry, we needed a legit #2 that has explosion.

Crayton in the slot and Austin peppered in the mix in 4 WR sets.

Just think: TO, RW, Witten and Crayton not including other possibilities.

Roy wants to be here and played on a lousy team thus far so this guy could be outstanding in Dallas, time will tell.

We get a proven WR now and I am unsure the 2009 draft would have provided this for us anyway in the 1st round.

Our offense will be potent, when Felix and Romo get back healthy, strap in peeps, we will dominate.

We will get healthy again before long, so no more panic people.

Welcome Roy Williams, you have your wish to be in Dallas, please help us fans with ours, win the big dance baby!! :starspin:starspin:)

FLCowboyFan

Hoping to be half the man Tom Landry was.
Reaction score
AdamJT13;2338929 said:
According to the Detroit Free Press, his contract already has been "reworked."

http://freep.com/article/20081014/SPORTS01/81014063/1049

A source in Dallas said the deal involves multiple picks, including a first-rounder, and the Cowboys reworked Williams' contract.​

Thank you Adam!!! I'm definitely excited knowing that we have him wrapped up. This is going to be an Offense that is very hard to stop now.

Phantom

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile;2339126 said:
Trust me, this guy can't wait to play here.

Wait until he is interviewed by the DFW press. His excitement is going to make you horny.

I'm horny already, I'll probably cream my pants when he does his first interview.

Skip

Reaction score
Now that is too cool, told my wife I was hoping Jerry would get the guts to just get Roy! I am happy about this. Pac Man is another story though!

Skip