Roy Williams (WR) is a Cowboy! *** Merged ***

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
AmarilloCowboyFan;2339115 said:
lmao!

love the sig pic btw.

Thanks. I'm a huge Trek fan, especially the old Trek despite it predating me by over a decade. When I first stumbled upon the poster in my sig, I laughed uproariously for a good ten minutes. The line is so true...of both the character and the actor playing him.:p:

Thick 'N Hearty

Reaction score
Hostile;2339126 said:
Trust me, this guy can't wait to play here.

Wait until he is interviewed by the DFW press. His excitement is going to make you horny.

Hos, do you have an inside track for information regarding RW? Seems like you've been giving the right information this whole time.

HardHittin'Witten

This ain't Madden
Reaction score
Hostile;2339126 said:

Wait until he is interviewed by the DFW press. His excitement is going to make you horny.

I almost spit tea all over my monitor. :lmao2:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hostile;2339111 said:
I'm certainly not going to crow about anything. I didn't do anything other than share the info that was shared with me.

And all of your fellow fans appreciate it!

Hostile said:
I'm a little shocked he gave in. I figured the deal was dead. I originally heard this on the radio as a 2nd in 2009 and a 2nd in 2010. I couldn't wait to get back here and read the responses.

I don't consider it 'giving in' considering the ammo the Cowboys still have for 2009. I always thought the #3 and #4 they got in this year's draft were with Roy Williams in mind.

Hostile said:
I like this move even for the price. I do think this is the final piece of the puzzle.

When Romo gets back, this should be the league's best offense hands down. Johnson just needs to hold the fort until then.

Hostile said:
Oh, and for those worrying that we will lose him, no chance. There's already a deal. I don't know the numbers.

I wonder if he will keep #11. I suspect he will.

I'm wondering if he might be the next great 88 in Dallas...

Hostile said:
The Pacman at least 4 games shocked me. I thought it was going to be 1 game.

Not me. I figured Goodell would throw the book at him - and he should have.

Hostile said:
Prediction...Tony Romo will be the QB vs. the Giants and beat the 4 week deadline.

Second!

I've thought that too.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
Hostile;2339126 said:

:lmao2::lmao::bow::laugh2::laugh1:Excellent, there will be a lot of Dallas Cowboy
fans with wood soon!!!:lmao2:

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A 1st, 3rd and 6th is pretty steep when you consider the Lions were just as "desperate" as the Cowboys to get the job done. I hope Jerry didn't panic in the face of the Pacman debacle and try to make a big splash of positivity on the same day. Then again, for all we know, some other team may have been dealing and that could've driven up the price.

Bigdog

Reaction score
I am very excited about this trade and given up a 1st, 3rd and 6th is not bad at all. Wr takes time to develop and RW is a good one. We have enough picks to trade up if we want. Only one thing that I am concern about is if he can stay healthy as I read that he has has missed sometime for injuries but most players have missed time due to injuries at some point in their career unless they are Favre. Overall, great trade in my opinion.

gazmc_06

Reaction score
At the end of the day, those draft picks would have gotten us some good players, but we got a certified superstar for them. I'd rather have a gaurenteed play-makers than a bunch of "could be" players.

Great deal Jerry.

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
Hostile;2339126 said:

:lmao2:

:confused:

:(

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
I'm already popping wood, Hos.

No need for a press conference.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
the DoNkEy PuNcH;2339154 said:
Hos, do you have an inside track for information regarding RW? Seems like you've been giving the right information this whole time.
Yes sir, I did and that person didn't mind me sharing the info here. I hope seeing this go down caused some excitement. I know it pissed some people off that I wouldn't let it go. I feel kind of bad about that.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
Hostile;2339126 said:

I'm already at half mast just thinking about it!

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
I heard Schefter say that the Lions got a great deal because they had tried to shop RW and there was no one willing to give up a first round pick for him.

With that said, I say that's their loss and our gain, but I wonder why they had such a tough time finding any takers.

cowboys#1

Finish!
Reaction score
its like using a first rounder to draft roy all over again, this time he is already a vet.

great move jerry

now lets go cowboys!

brad will leadith!!!

HardHittin'Witten

This ain't Madden
Reaction score
Hostile;2339195 said:
Yes sir, I did and that person didn't mind me sharing the info here. I hope seeing this go down caused some excitement. I know it pissed some people off that I wouldn't let it go. I feel kind of bad about that.

Don't feel bad. I, and others, appreciated everything you were able to share with us.

cowboys#1

Finish!
Reaction score
Joe Rod;2339199 said:
I'm already at half mast just thinking about it!
alright guys enough with the woodies and shafties. forum vistors might think we are "brokeback" around here

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
stasheroo;2339157 said:
I don't consider it 'giving in' considering the ammo the Cowboys still have for 2009. I always thought the #3 and #4 they got in this year's draft were with Roy Williams in mind.
I knew we were offering multiple picks, but I thought the 1st round pick was off the board. I guess Jerry though #32 is almost a 2nd anyway.

:grin:

No one we drafted in 2009 could help as much as Roy will in 2009. Haivng Crayton at #3 is a huge matchup problem for every Defense out there. Patrick Crayton just got more valuable to this Offense. The guy I feel for is Miles Austin. He could be the 3rd guy next year though. Tony really believes in him. He could actually beat Patrick for the 3rd spot.

No one will stop Witten now.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
HardHittin'Witten;2339210 said:
Don't feel bad. I, and others, appreciated everything you were able to share with us.
Deep down, I will get over how frustrated they were.

:wink2: