Roy Williams (WR) is a Cowboy! *** Merged ***

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Hostile;2339227 said:
I knew we were offering multiple picks, but I thought the 1st round pick was off the board. I guess Jerry though #32 is almost a 2nd anyway.

:grin:

No one we drafted in 2009 could help as much as Roy will in 2009. Haivng Crayton at #3 is a huge matchup problem for every Defense out there. Patrick Crayton just got more valuable to this Offense. The guy I feel for is Miles Austin. He could be the 3rd guy next year though. Tony really believes in him. He could actually beat Patrick for the 3rd spot.

No one will stop Witten now.
We're all in debt to you my friend.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
ScipioCowboy;2339152 said:
Thanks. I'm a huge Trek fan, especially the old Trek despite it predating me by over a decade. When I first stumbled upon the poster in my sig, I laughed uproariously for a good ten minutes. The line is so true...of both the character and the actor playing him.:p:
I'm a big Trek fan myself and your sig says it all about Shatner. :D

Skin

Reaction score
If our QB's can't find an open receiver with RW, TO, Witten and Crayton on the field, someone needs to be fired.

For those of you worried about him picking up the offense...the 'fly' pattern is pretty straightforward. Randy Moss has made a pretty good career out of running it. Once Roy Williams gets settled in and we get Romo and Felix back...

Wow, I just realized my depression is lifting. Thanks Jerry.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Hostile;2339126 said:
Trust me, this guy can't wait to play here.

Wait until he is interviewed by the DFW press. His excitement is going to make you horny.

You mean more horny than I already am? I'm going to need another pair of pants.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
Hostile.... I know you took flack over it.

And I hope you continue to share info when you get it.

Bigger man than most.

I'd have made a thread saying "suck it *****es" by now.

bigE79

Reaction score
This Is Great Freakin News....welcome To The Cowboys #11:yourock:

TwentyOne

Reaction score
AdamJT13;2339009 said:
We sent Detroit a first, third and sixth. We got Roy E. Williams and a seventh.

Ah and here is also the answer to those who got a headache because of the names on the Jerseys of both Rob Roys

zack

Reaction score
Well, living in Detroit, they feel like it is Christmas today. The phones are blowing up on sports radio saying that they stole this deal from Dallas. Of course, the Detroit Media doesn't report the other side of the coin. They fail to mention that Dallas has multiple picks left next year and it is quite annoying...

And that Detroit is going to get worse now....

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile;2339267 said:
did they say what it was?

i hope he lives up to all that we gave up to get him. hope the rest of the team realizes that anything less than a superbowl win is unexceptable for jerry and us.

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
Vintage;2339273 said:

Bigger man than most.

:D

Dont let that stop you. By all means....Create said thread. Ill post. :laugh2:

newlander

Reaction score
I have mixed feelings: the guy is an incredible talent, but I live in Michigan and he was very inconsistent with routes and catching the ball. On the other hand, EVERY player that puts on the honolulu blue and silver just........well, they go down a notch or two. That jersey is like cryptonite, except for Barry Sanders. Kitna is brutal for sure and so is the oline so his so-so stats don't bother me. I'm more than willing to give it a shot. 2 questions for you guys:

1) I really think RW is more of a middle of the field guy that can make tough catches in traffic. He CAN get deep but he isn't a burner and I really think TO and Austin will be doing that. Now we've got Witten, RW and Crayton for all the underneath to intermediate stuff that quite frankly Johnson only throws now anyway. (RW will also be an UNBELIEVABLE weapon on the goal line, where we've struggled getting people open for 2 seasons now) Brad did throw a nice deep ball or two in preseason, but.....it's not his strength. So, I see alot of you saying RW is the "deep threat" agree or disagree with what I said here?

2) You guys have seen him in college: I've only seen his inconsistent pro career (admittedly with a crappy team NOT all his fault) Question is this: can this guy LEAD? We need more leadership, just wondering if he could help......

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Skin;2339260 said:
If our QB's can't find an open receiver with RW, TO, Witten and Crayton on the field, someone needs to be fired.

For those of you worried about him picking up the offense...the 'fly' pattern is pretty straightforward. Randy Moss has made a pretty good career out of running it. Once Roy Williams gets settled in and we get Romo and Felix back...

Wow, I just realized my depression is lifting. Thanks Jerry.
I envision Owens running that fly pattern moreso than Roy Williams. Roy is more of a possession receiver than Owens, so he should become the primary "move the chains" receiver and Owens can remain being the "home run" receiver, which he is the better of the two.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Vintage;2339273 said:

Bigger man than most.

I am going to because I care about the discussions here being good, and they were.

I have no reason to gloat. None at all. I didn't do a thing except share info provided to me. I hope I meet that guy face to face some day so I can buy him a steak. Best source I have ever had.