Roy Williams (WR) is a Cowboy! *** Merged ***

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Dallas;2339277 said:
He will sign it when he gets to big D. They have an agreement in principle.

Yes sir, he is ours. I know you aren't a Hook 'em guy, but I think you will like this guy's attitude when he gets here.

Spectre

Reaction score
Hostile;2339285 said:
I wish I did. I think it will be 5 years. Not sure on any amount.
It is a good day, Hos.

You and I have been on this train for some time now...
glad to see we got what we wanted.

Thank you Jerry for finally getting something done that I support.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Maybe its just me but I thought this post regarding Roy from Extremeskins was a little funny.

http://i5.***BLOCKED***/albums/y188/thehoofbite/Picture1-2.png

LucaBrasi

Sleeps with the fishes
Reaction score
Hostile;2339053 said:
Jerry blinked. I really didn't think he'd give up the 1st round pick.
And I'm very glad he did. Very glad.

This is a terrific move on several levels. Its insurance for this season against a T.O. injury(even if the season seems to be slipping), it gives Romo a playmaker to get old together with, because let's face it T.O. will be 35 in December. Defenses now must deal with 3 legitimate threats in the passing game. Roy Williams in single coverage, c'mon now. He's only going to be 27.

Another thing that gets lost is, could we really have had him for nothing come March? The bidding in March is open to 32 teams, and I know Roy wanted to come back to Texas, but money talks and trading for him makes him Dallas property.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
Hostile;2339299 said:
I am going to because I care about the discussions here being good, and they were.

I have no reason to gloat. None at all. I didn't do a thing except share info provided to me. I hope I meet that guy face to face some day so I can buy him a steak. Best source I have ever had.

I'd want to gloat.

Huh.

Whatever you do, don't refresh the fan forum page.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
If we re-signed him than this trade is win-win. Roy is still young and will be an immediate impact for us. There is no guarantee that we would have drafted a top receiver with our first round pick.

Look at the trade like this...

We traded a 1st (potentially Bobby Carpenter), a 3rd (potentially James Marten) and a 6th (potentially Eric Walden) for Roy fricken Williams. I normally HATE trading future draft picks. I love this trade.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hoofbite;2339309 said:
Maybe its just me but I thought this post regarding Roy from Extremeskins was a little funny.

http://i5.***BLOCKED***/albums/y188/thehoofbite/Picture1-2.png
:lmao2:

What do Commanders fans, of ALL people, understand about the salary cap??? :laugh2: :bow:

Skin

Reaction score
DallasEast;2339295 said:
I envision Owens running that fly pattern moreso than Roy Williams. Roy is more of a possession receiver than Owens, so he should become the primary "move the chains" receiver and Owens can remain being the "home run" receiver, which he is the better of the two.

I agree with your take on his abilities, but I also know that TO knows the offense and will have a better grasp of running it. I would bet, possession type receiver or not, Williams will get extra attention running a streak, which will open up the middle of the field for the others. Also, he is huge and can battle guys in air for the ball.

Yes, I'm excited.

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
Hostile;2339305 said:
He will sign it when he gets to big D. They have an agreement in principle.

Yes sir, he is ours. I know you aren't a Hook 'em guy, but I think you will like this guy's attitude when he gets here.

Oh dont get me wrong. I love the guy. I hated him at Texas because he was so darn good. ;)

I am fully aware of Mr. Roy Williams energy and baller attitude.

I can't wait to hear the numbers. I hope I dont faint.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Skin;2339325 said:
I agree with your take on his abilities, but I also know that TO knows the offense and will have a better grasp of running it. I would bet, possession type receiver or not, Williams will get extra attention running a streak, which will open up the middle of the field for the others. Also, he is huge and can battle guys in air for the ball.

Yes, I'm excited.
I'm so excited right now, I'm giddy. :D

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;2339204 said:
I heard Schefter say that the Lions got a great deal because they had tried to shop RW and there was no one willing to give up a first round pick for him.

With that said, I say that's their loss and our gain, but I wonder why they had such a tough time finding any takers.

Jerry flatly told Norm after the Pacman deal that he knew nobody else was offering even close to what he was, but he didn't care and he'd done that many times in the past.

Now does that make a bit of sense? Nobody else will buy your used car for $15,000, but here, I'll give you $17,000 for it. :confused:

Bottom line, Jerry was playing poker and he wagged his tail AGAIN.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
DaBoys4Life;2339331 said:
:lmao2::lmao:

Weren't they over the cap before the draft.....
AdamJT13 would know for certain, but Washington has been over the cap so often during the past ten years that their fans should be the last group to speculate about Dallas' cap spending.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2339341 said:
Jerry flatly told Norm after the Pacman deal that he knew nobody else was offering what he was, but he didn't care and he'd done that many times in the past.

Now does that make a bit of sense? Nobody else will buy your used car for $15,000, but here, I'll give you $17,000 for it. :confused:

Bottom line, Jerry was playing poker and he wagged his tail AGAIN.

there is no doubt. Werder confirmed he caved at the last minute. He said the team has done their research on williams and feel he is a great fit...they felt like they couldnt get anything like him where they would be drafting next year.

I am worried about moving a 1. but I think it is okay.

and the number 1 reason jerry will sell the farm, The new stadium.

Jerry is making sure he has a team that can play at a high level for the near future most importantly the first few years in the new stadium where the spotlight will be bigger than ever.

As long as williams and owens jive together. Not jive like pacman and his bodyguard this should be a good deal because of how many picks we have next year.

If williams and owens are pouting after a loss. Lookout.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
DallasEast;2339346 said:
AdamJT13 would know for certain, but Washington has been over the cap so often during the past ten years that their fans should be the last group to speculate about Dallas' cap spending.

Oh I see it's not that important but I know they were over the cap this year. Man I should get some Jersey's one Roy Williams 38 and another Roy Williams #11.

Da Hammer

The Natural
Reaction score
im mad i didnt say GET ER DONE JERRY before he actually made the trade... i love saying that lol!