Rumor: From Another Forum on D. Smith Signing

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
bebop whats the ifw (internet fourm warrior) do tell...

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
Cowboy Bebop said:
Lets not kid ourselves. Outside of "the kid" I think we all know we are trolls. I am enjoying myself. Although I should have gone to bed hours ago...on that note I am going for a smoke.

And I'm gonna have to pretend I actually work here for a little while, LOL...

silverbear

Reaction score
summerisfunner said:
nah, you're sarcasm still sucks ;), just I been around you long enough to know when you're being sarcastic

which is pretty much all the time :laugh1:

MOI???

Surely, you jest...

silverbear

Reaction score
2233boys said:
Thank you...

I approve of anything that makes me laugh, and that did... I'll bait you when the mood's on me, and I'll give you credit when you crack me up...

So tell me, when you're wearing those panties, do you prance around the room singing "I Feel Pretty", like Jack Nicholson in "Anger Management"??

On second thought, I don't think I want to know, LOL...

Cowboy Bebop

Reaction score
silverbear said:
Oh, it's all true... but I didn't say that as some kind of plea for sympathy, it was rough time when Mom died, but it WAS five years ago... and since I'd already lost my Dad and my little brother some years earlier, I had some experience with dealing with that kind of loss... I'll be 54 in a coupla weeks, and I reckon anybody who makes to that age has to deal with the loss of some family along the way...

But talking about it at the time was wonderful therapy for me, and I was blown away when a number of regulars on the Cowboys newsgroup got together to send flowers to her funeral... I mean, just deeply touched... so I got more than a little emotional support from my friends online back then...

As for the diabetes, that's turned out to be a blessing in disguise... it gave me the kick in the butt I needed to get serious about my health, and I have since lost 40 pounds, and brought my blood sugar down a full 100 points just by diet and a LITTLE exercise (got a damaged rotator cuff that needs surgery that I'm resisting, so I can't hit the Health Rider these days)... I brought it down low enough that I've managed to avoid having to go on medications...

And once again, I got a ton of emotional support from my online friends when I discussed that, and better still, some EXCELLENT advice that helped me deal with the issue from some of them who had diabetes their own selves...

Still, I understand that you meant you didn't feel like insulting me for those revelations, and I'll respect that... I just used those as examples of how I'll talk about just about anything on these boards, when it seems even semi-applicable to the topic of the thread...

And yeah, I've had more than my fair share of threads like that moved to assorted off-topic forums, where they belonged in the first place, LOL...

You are right, we all do know what it is like to lose someone we love. And I am glad you were able to find the support you needed. I understand what you were saying all along, but had to give you a hard time out of stubborn determination. Im sorry about your mother, 5 years too late I know, but sorry all the same.

Congratulations on the weight loss. The older we get, the harder it is. I fear it will take a scare like that for me to quit smoking.

Either way I had fun. I had been very tentative about posting on these boards tonight. But I see most of the people are the same. Just Cowboys fans shooting the ****.

silverbear

Reaction score
Cowboy Bebop said:
Come on now, both of you can not team up on him. That just isn't fair.

I don't seem to have a chapter covering "fair" in my IFW handbook... ganging up on folks is actually a time-honored IFW tactic... it wears the antagonist out, trying to respond to all his critics...

Cowboy Bebop

Reaction score
silverbear said:
Son, you might just have possibilites as a flame warrior...

Ahhh, but the rules of the IFW are that he can ignore whatever part of the argument he chooses, and focus on those that give him the advantage...

:D

THAT'S my favorite smiley, I call it the Cheesy Grin...

True IFW's refuse the use of emoticons. That is the forbidden path that leads to the dark side.

silverbear

Reaction score
the kid 05 said:
same time tomorrow fellas?

Naw, it's my day off, I'll be watching the British Open and the Orioles game (I have a little masochistic streak my own self), then catching up on some sleep...

silverbear

Reaction score
summerisfunner said:
who do you take me for, BrainPaint?

I dunno, I've never seen a pic of you in a Cowboys cheerleader uni... your t*ts might not be as big as his...

Cowboy Bebop

Reaction score
the kid 05 said:
bebop whats the ifw (internet fourm warrior) do tell...

Hahaha

I can't get in to all the details right now. But the IFW are a mysterious covey, that follow a very specific creed. Which is to say they are trolls that take forums to seriously. I am a lifelong IFW.

silverbear

Reaction score
summerisfunner said:
you'd have to ask silverbear, I'm in Maryland

Uhhh, I'm maybe 2-3 hours from where you live, wild man, out in the Shenandoah Valley of Virginia... the only online radio station I go to is Radio Margaritaville...

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Cowboy Bebop said:
Hahaha

I can't get in to all the details right now. But the IFW are a mysterious covey, that follow a very specific creed. Which is to say they are trolls that take forums to seriously. I am a lifelong IFW.

and if we tell you anymore, the kid 05, we'd have to kill you

Cowboy Bebop

Reaction score
silverbear said:
I don't seem to have a chapter covering "fair" in my IFW handbook... ganging up on folks is actually a time-honored IFW tactic... it wears the antagonist out, trying to respond to all his critics...

Touche. But as a true IFW when I am outside of the argument I whine for a fair fight. But when I am in one I use any dirty trick I can.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Cowboy Bebop said:
But I see most of the people are the same. Just Cowboys fans shooting the ****.

take advantage, cuz jewels such as these come around only so often, as you can see, all the mods are asleep, or so I hope...

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
Cowboy Bebop said:
Hahaha

gotcha......kinda...well no not really

Cowboy Bebop

Reaction score
silverbear said:
Uhhh, I'm maybe 2-3 hours from where you live, wild man, out in the Shenandoah Valley of Virginia... the only online radio station I go to is Radio Margaritaville...

Bah thanks anyways.