Rumor: From Another Forum on D. Smith Signing

2233boys

Benched
Reaction score
silverbear said:
You'll notice nobody is saying the same about you...

"Articulate" doesn't exactly apply to a poster who seems to need a smiley in virtually every post, to get his point across...

And needlessly insulting total strangers for their hobbies is a long way from "cool"... now, replace the "c" with an "f", and we'll be gettin' at the truth...
:jerk:
I don't feel the need to try and impress total strangers on a message board. You should take that as a life lesson, Mr. Style

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Cowboy Bebop said:
Aspiration or not you have accomplished it my friend. When you criticise a person because of the car they drive, you prove that not only are you a moron but an enormous jerk as well.

so you're telling us that you would be criticized, and not respond? guess you're the better man than 98% of this Earth

2233boys

Benched
Reaction score
silverbear said:
No, you were talking to me... now, explain to me how your 495 posts is making the world a better place... and tell me that you don't have any hobbies of your own...

I mean, besides makin' an *** of yourself online...
It isn't making a difference in the world. And neither is the posting you do in style...:lmao2:

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
Cowboy Bebop said:
We were not making fun of "the kid" because he drives a nice car, we were making fun of him because he said: "i drive my cars everywhere they are not stock, they turn heads."

Guys who love their cars like to brag on them... this is not a phenomenon unique to this board...

And this is not the first Cowboys board that I've seen a discussion of hot cars erupt on...

Who brags on a Cowboys forum about their cars "turning heads"?

Guys who have cars that can turn heads, of course... we invest major dollars and major time into making our cars head turners, and the truth is, when you drive a highly modified car, it DOES draw attention-- generally from other car aficionados...

The thing is, his response was on-topic, since the subject of Keith Davis driving a modified, high visibility car was brought up... even the police remarked that part of the reason he might have been targeted was the highly modified nature of his ride...

I guess you don't have anything that you're proud of, proud enough to brag on them a little bit...

If I have to explain to you why it is imparitive to criticise someone for saying that, I do not think you will get it.

It was about as relevant as it would be if I criticized you for misspelling "imperative", and "criticize"... so I won't do that... LOL...

2233boys

Benched
Reaction score
the kid 05 said:
would you believe it if roy got shot and said he was going out to church? or emmitt smith or any other cowboy legend?
It would depend on the case and the circumstances.

Cowboy Bebop

Reaction score
summerisfunner said:
fair enough, but honestly, if Davis didn't get shot in the nightclub, there would be a whole 'nother spin on this, such as everyone wishing him the best, because I see no possible reason of wrongdoing in this situation on Davis' part, for all we know, the confident NFL player in the suped up vehicle, jetted into high gear and cut off the vehicle, which pissed the driver off, and caused him to shoot up Davis' car, and if he was shot 5 a.m. on sunday morning, maybe he's just telling the truth about trying to get to church that day because he hadn't been in a long time

That is definitely true. Maybe we are being unfair by taking the night club incident with this one and trying to establish a pattern. But the fact of the matter is they both happened. They probably are completely unrelated. I hope Davis is not at fault in any form. But it isn't just his past we are using as a base for these suspicions. It is all football players who have been in trouble in the past. We have seen some of them just find a way to get themselves in to these situations. A lot of these athletes have demonstrated they are poor decision makers and end up screwing up royaly. I am sure I do not have to mention any names. So when you see a guy who isn't used to having this much money, and popularity out that late at night you start to wonder.

silverbear

Reaction score
Cowboy Bebop said:
He said he was going to church.... He played the jesus card, seems fishy to me too.

Exactly what's so fishy about that?? He also pointed out that in about a week, he's gonna be headed to training camp, which means several weeks of missed church services, and IIRC he said he'd missed the previous Sunday's services...

Seems to me that a guy who cares about his church activities would want to make sure he got to church that Sunday in a situation like that... mind you, I'm not saying his story is the absolute truth, it could be BS, but you've offered absolutely no reason for us to believe that's the case...

silverbear

Reaction score
2233boys said:

And yet another articulate contribution from this board's new arbiter of what is or isn't articulate...

I'm beginning to think your post count would still be in the single digits if we didn't have all those smilies for you to use to express yourself...

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Cowboy Bebop said:
That is definitely true. Maybe we are being unfair by taking the night club incident with this one and trying to establish a pattern. But the fact of the matter is they both happened. They probably are completely unrelated. I hope Davis is not at fault in any form. But it isn't just his past we are using as a base for these suspicions. It is all football players who have been in trouble in the past. We have seen some of them just find a way to get themselves in to these situations. A lot of these athletes have demonstrated they are poor decision makers and end up screwing up royaly. I am sure I do not have to mention any names. So when you see a guy who isn't used to having this much money, and popularity out that late at night you start to wonder.

I think the only problem Davis has is staying out past 2 in the morning, he solves that, and alot of his problems go away, cuz really, he's done nothing wrong in both situations besides being in the wrong place at the wrong time

2233boys

Benched
Reaction score
silverbear said:
Exactly what's so fishy about that?? He also pointed out that in about a week, he's gonna be headed to training camp, which means several weeks of missed church services, and IIRC he said he'd missed the previous Sunday's services...

Seems to me that a guy who cares about his church activities would want to make sure he got to church that Sunday in a situation like that... mind you, I'm not saying his story is the absolute truth, it could be BS, but you've offered absolutely no reason for us to believe that's the case...
He didn't ask you not to believe it, and neither did I. We both merely said we were skeptical...

Beyond that regarding the church story. I attend church regularly in fact rarely miss. But if I am visiting my parents, I don't make the long drive back to my home just to attend my church, I go to theirs. That is one reason that the church excuse seems shady to me.

silverbear

Reaction score
Cowboy Bebop said:
Aspiration or not you have accomplished it my friend. When you criticise a person because of the car they drive, you prove that not only are you a moron but an enormous jerk as well.

And who was the first to start slinging insults about the cars folks drive in this thread??

Why, that would be YOU, with your sarcastic "you're cool" response...

However, you've actually made a point here, because you have indeed come off as an enormous jerk... the thing is, my acting like an enormous jerk is in direct response, perhaps you could say direct retaliation, for your behavior...

I find it highly amusing that it seems to annoy you when you're treated the way you treat others...

But mad props and street cred for posting with "style". You're the man now dog.

My, how articulate... that course in ebonics is paying off for you, big time...

But hey, you actually got through a whole post without using a smiley; did my criticisms on that one sting a little??

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
2233boys said:
I attend church regularly in fact rarely miss. But if I am visiting my parents, I don't make the long drive back to my home just to attend my church, I go to theirs. That is one reason that the church excuse seems shady to me.

but are you going to have to attend to a situation that would take you away from church for a few weeks, after not being there in awhile in the 1st place?

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
2233boys said:
He didn't ask you not to believe it, and neither did I. We both merely said we were skeptical...

Beyond that regarding the church story. I attend church regularly in fact rarely miss. But if I am visiting my parents, I don't make the long drive back to my home just to attend my church, I go to theirs. That is one reason that the church excuse seems shady to me.

odd i thought people of the christian religion were suppose to be nice and friendly....

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
the kid 05 said:
odd i thought people of the christian religion were suppose to be nice and friendly....

not necessarily, General George S. Patton was a devout Christian and every, other word that came out of his mouth was degrading and obscene :cool:

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
summerisfunner said:
not necessarily, General George S. Patton was a devout Christian and every, other word that came out of his mouth was degrading and obscene :cool:

i stand corrected

2233boys

Benched
Reaction score
silverbear said:
And yet another articulate contribution from this board's new arbiter of what is or isn't articulate...

I'm beginning to think your post count would still be in the single digits if we didn't have all those smilies for you to use to express yourself...
I am beginning to think that you may have a little man crush on me... Why else would you continue to comment on each and everything I post? Was that post directed to you? No. Was it commenting on something you said? Again No... There really was no need for your response. It was merely a similie. The post didn’t have any content. It didn’t lend any value to the discussion. It was merely my emotional reaction to the post it quoted. But you felt the need to respond.

Tell me, why did you feel the need to respond, silverbear?

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
silverbear said:
My, how articulate... that course in ebonics is paying off for you, big time...

an F is paying off? "you're the man, dog", c'mon Randy Jackson, that's so mid-90s

silverbear

Reaction score
2233boys said:
Compensating for something are we???

I'm not, but apparently you are... seems it gets your panties all in a bunch when a car aficionado talks fondly about his hobby...

You didn't I was just making a point, but you missed it.

OK, enlighten me-- what exactly does ANYTHING we say or do in here-- including what YOU say or do in here-- do to "improve the world"...

We post in here as a DIVERSION from the world...

Enjoy your life do as you please.

Chuckle... gee, thanks for the permission, dipwad...

You are clearly have to much "Style" considering your cars, and posting prowess for the likes of me... :lmao:

Yeah, that's rapidly becoming REAL clear... then again, it doesn't take much style to outdo someone utterly lacking in anything resembling style...

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
2233boys said:
Tell me, why did you feel the need to respond, silverbear?

you haven't seen silverbear in action much have you? for silverbear not to respond would be like a fat girl not wanting to eat, it just doesn't happen