Russell Wilson

khiladi

Reaction score
The last pick that lost them the SB I have never really blamed Wilson on; Carrol made that call. There have been hints that RW has kicked himself ever since for not audibling but he as still a pretty young QB then and going against the HC call in the most important play of the game and season takes a lot of stones.

Actually, I'd say it was pretty much Bellichek and Adams, his sidekick. They practiced that play specifically, knowing the tendencies, and Bellichek told Butler to jump that route if he sees it no matter what. Also, that Seahawks secondary was banged up and I believe when Browner went down, all Brady and BB did was pick on the replacement corner.

Reaction score
Well actually the truth is Wilson started day one while Brady, Mahomes, Rodgers didn't.
OK, let me ask you an honest question.

If Farve, Bledsoe, or Smith were in front of Wilson his rook season, would he have started?

RaZon

Reaction score
RW is great. But to ignore the fact that Browner and Sherman were drafted in 2011 and improved the defense to 7th, followed by Chancellor the next year, cementing them as the Legion of Boom, and the number 1 ranked defense for years and the reason they won those SBs is not reality. ET was also drafted in 2010. That defense, by the time RW got here, had arguably just began its run as one of the greatest ever. The first SB, that defense in the playoffs generated 8 TOs, including 4 against, at that point, the highest ranking passing scoring offense by a QB in history. RW had only one game over 200 yards and that was 206. He basically protected the ball. The very next year against the Packers, RW threw 4 INTs and it was the L of Boom that stifled AR to 178 yards passing and 1 INT. RW was anemic in the SB against the Patriots as well.

Bart Starr playeD with 8 future HOFers, as did Terry Bradshaw, Johnny U had HOFers to be Lenny Moore, Ray Berry, John Mackey to throw to, Otto Graham threw to Mac Speedie and HOFer to be Dante Leville, and handed off to HOFer to be Marion Motley, Was it Elwy or Terrell Davis? Marino had Duper/Clayton/Nathan/Moore, Fouts had Winslow/Joiner/Jefferson/Chandler, Brady had Belichick, Montana had Walsh, Hell Aikman had Jimmy, Michael and Emmitt.

Wilson has done things never seen before, he owns NFL records and is a fiture HOFer and his stats will be among the best se have seen. He is the greatest passer/runner we have seen,

RaZon

Reaction score

If Farve, Bledsoe, or Smith were in front of Wilson his rook season, would he have started?

Why were Rodgers, Brady and Mahomes drafted, yep, to replace Favre, Bledsoe and Smith. As we know Carroll wants to run the ball, we also know Wilson is a better runner than those guys, So there is some realistic, hmmmm? with this. It can't be.....nope no way.

Reaction score
Why were Rodgers, Brady and Mahomes drafted, yep, to replace Favre, Bledsoe and Smith. As we know Carroll wants to run the ball, we also know Wilson is a better runner than those guys, So there is some realistic, hmmmm? with this. It can't be.....nope no way.
So you have no Yes or No answer? Got it.

Reaction score
I gave you an answer, I don't know and how could I? Russell Wilson is an impressive individual, really hard seeing him riding the bench.
No you didn't give an answer, you're tap dancing around like you're a 9ers fan.

RaZon

Reaction score
No you didn't give an answer, you're tap dancing around like you're a 9ers fan.

It took one season to move Mahomes in as a starter, Farve was 35 years old and throwing INT's, Bledsoe was never all that, To think a dynamic personality like Russell Wilson couldn'r have started day one, I can't do it.

terra

Reaction score
It took one season to move Mahomes in as a starter, Farve was 35 years old and throwing INT's, Bledsoe was never all that, To think a dynamic personality like Russell Wilson couldn'r have started day one, I can't do it.
You do know quite a few of us laugh at someone so enamored with a player that they truly cannot see reality.

RW is not going to go down as the greatest anything. Excellent QB, probably only one ring, and will likely make the HOF. But that is it. Only in your fevered fantasies will he ever be more.

RaZon

Reaction score
You do know quite a few of us laugh at someone so enamored with a player that they truly cannot see reality.

RW is not going to go down as the greatest anything. Excellent QB, probably only one ring, and will likely make the HOF. But that is it. Only in your fevered fantasies will he ever be more.

I love reality....

Left Wisconsin as the all time NCAA passing leader for a season
Ties rookie TD record
Wins the Superbowl
Most wins in first nine seasons
NFL record...4000/30/500..........15 yards short of doing that three times
First QB to start the career with back to back 100 ratings
NFL record 4th QB TD passes in a season
Second all time career passer rating (those with at least nine seasons)
Led the NFL in TD passes
Led the NFL in passer rating
Never had a losing season
8 pro bowls in 9 seasons
Only QB with over 33, 000 passing yards, 4500 rushing yards\
Walked in day one and simply took over, hasn't missed a game, never sat on a bench.
Will enter the top 15 All Time TD passes this season
Greatest Seahawks QB

By the time he hangs it up he will be among the all time leaders in TD passes, yards, rushing yards. He is already the greatest passer/runner we have seen.

Love reality!

Last edited:

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
This is a flawed way of looking at it because the game changes every generation. 70% completion wasn’t a realistic accomplishment 30 years ago. 5k passing was done once ever as recently as 2004. Now there’s over 10 examples. Same thing with 30 TDs, that used to be a big feat, Joe Montana only ever did that once, Jim Kelly only ever did that once, Heck Tony Romo had the Cowboys first ever 30 TD season in 2007.

So the reason Russell has accumulated all these things over any other QBs is because he’s the youngest great QB to complete 9 seasons. Any of his contemporaries you’d expect to compete with him on this were drafted over a decade before him, they come from a different era: Peyton, Brady, Brees. Romo and Rodgers didn’t even play their first few years, and Mahomes is too young. So Russell just fits in the sweet spot of qualifiers here.

A better question is to compare to era: Instead of 65% passing, ask about how many top 5 seasons in their era. How many top 5 yardages seasons? How many top 5 TD seasons? That’s when the Unitas’s and Marino’s start popping up.

I hear you. Wilson is great. But you’re right. I bet Deshaun Watson is on track for something similar. And I don’t even think about Watson when thinking about the top QBs. It’s about consistently being considered the best QB in the NFL. That’s not easy to do. Even Brady wasn’t really considered the best in most seasons he played. Peyton is the only one I can think who was. Switching sports to the NBA, Kobe is a legend and I don’t remember him really ever being considered the best in the league outside of maybe a year or two. It’s tough to consistently outshine everyone else. That’s why looking purely at stats doesn’t work. Look at how they compared to their peers. By looking at stats, you might consider Russel Westbrook better than Jordan.

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
John Elway NCAA

42 games
comp %...62.1
yards ,,,,9349
TD/INT...77/39
Rating,,,,139.3
rushing....minus 279....what? WHAT??? That can't be right.

Russell Wilson NCAA

50 games
109/30
1421/23TD

Not really close except for comp%, minus 279, that can't be right,

Wilson was underdrafted because of his height. But you can’t compare him to Elway who played 30 years before him. Might as well compare him to Bart Starr.

RaZon

Reaction score
So all this talk about who was the greatest in anything can't be done?

So Jordan isn;t the best basketballer? Ali isn;t the best heavyweight boxer? Jerry Rice isn;t the greatest WR? Lawrence Taylor wasn't a monster in any era?

NFL historians love to talk Don Hutson as the greatest, hell he played in the 30's, so...???

So what do we do with Fritz Pollard, The Galloping Ghost, Slingin' Sammie, Otto?

khiladi

Reaction score
Bart Starr playeD with 8 future HOFers, as did Terry Bradshaw, Johnny U had HOFers to be Lenny Moore, Ray Berry, John Mackey to throw to, Otto Graham threw to Mac Speedie and HOFer to be Dante Leville, and handed off to HOFer to be Marion Motley, Was it Elwy or Terrell Davis? Marino had Duper/Clayton/Nathan/Moore, Fouts had Winslow/Joiner/Jefferson/Chandler, Brady had Belichick, Montana had Walsh, Hell Aikman had Jimmy, Michael and Emmitt.

Wilson has done things never seen before, he owns NFL records and is a fiture HOFer and his stats will be among the best se have seen. He is the greatest passer/runner we have seen,

Those are offensive players, not defensive. And that was in an era where you could smash the QB and spear over the middle. The DBs could put their hands on the WRs. The case with RW is the defense was by FAR THE SUPERIOR SIDE OF THE BALL, it wasn't even close. That defense kept generating TOs with Seattle and the offense, which relied heavily on ball control.

RW is elite, and a better QB than Dak by far, but Dak also went 13-3 and walked into a stacked roster on offense and all he had to do was protect the ball. Nobody puts Dak, except his groupies here, in the elite category, because he walked into a starting role and went 13-3. Guys like RG3 also set rookie records.

Mahomes basically led his team back into the SB in year 2 as a starter of every play-off game, except the SB. In his first year as a starter, the only reason he didn't even make the SB is because Brady had the ball last. Mahomes was throwing 50 TDs his first season as starter. He threw 38 in year 4, while missing a game, on pace once again to hit over 40. Essentially he has been in 2 of 3 SBs as a starter and should be in 3, if the Chiefs could have stopped Brady's last drive.

Last edited: