Russia invades Ukraine *** READ RULES IN POST 6 BEFORE POSTING ***

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
By the time Ukraine gets control of all of its land again most of it will be rubble. The rebuilding effort will take quite some time. How will Ukraine get the money to pay for this rebuild? Does the world expect America to pick up the tab for this? If Putin can’t keep the Ukraine he will completely destroy it before he leaves.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
A dozen F-22s would lay waste to the entire Russian air force.

Problem is that apparently the Ukrainian Air Force, from what I've read, only knows how to fly Russiaj-style MiGs and Ukrainian Antonovs, etc. It's a bit late now apparently to learn to fly American planes.

Red Dragon

Reaction score
Problem is that apparently the Ukrainian Air Force, from what I've read, only knows how to fly Russiaj-style MiGs and Ukrainian Antonovs, etc. It's a bit late now apparently to learn to fly American planes.

Right. I meant a no-fly zone flown by the USAF. Which many here object to.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
By the time Ukraine gets control of all of its land again most of it will be rubble. The rebuilding effort will take quite some time. How will Ukraine get the money to pay for this rebuild? Does the world expect America to pick up the tab for this? If Putin can’t keep the Ukraine he will completely destroy it before he leaves.

I think one possible scenario is that Ukraine is approved of it's EU application and the European Union will likely collectively supply some aid and help rebuild. The US will definitely provide some aid but it will be in the form of "you can only use this to spend on stuff from the US".

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Right. I meant a no-fly zone flown by the USAF. Which many here object to.

The problem with a no-fly zone is that Putin won't respect it. So you're effectively stuck either risking a much larger war with many additional players to enforce the no-fly zone, or letting Putin piss in your face as you back down and ignore his provocations.

Neither outcome is good, and one could potentially escalate the situation to a complete nightmare.

Hoofbite

Reaction score

If there's one thing that has been apparent in all this it's that Ukrainians are a resolute bunch of people. Pretty cool. I'm sure there have been these sort of instances in war before but the availability of social media has made those instances highly visible to the entire world and is really having an effect on how the entire thing is being viewed.

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
US looking to give 10 Billion to Ukraine? Is it a loan or is it a gift? If the war goes on and on will it followed by another 10 Billion so on and so forth? I think it's time the US rethink it's position on Ukraine. Ukraine may be lost forever, might be time to just let it go.

Flamma

Reaction score
The best case scenario is for Russia to bleed economically until they have no choice but to negotiate a cease fire. If Ukraine attempts to push into Russia they’ll be decimated

That's not so bad when you consider it's only 1 out of every 10 soldiers. :)

Flamma

Reaction score
The problem is if the USAF does that, the Russians are bound to see that as NATO aggression and declare war on NATO as well. Welcome to WW3 in that situation.

There's one situation I'm concerned about. That is giving Putin a reason to use a small tactical nuke in Ukraine. What do we do? That's a bad situation that can escalate quickly. But it's probably not a situation where we'd send a 1000 nukes Russia's way.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
There's one situation I'm concerned about. That is giving Putin a reason to use a small tactical nuke in Ukraine. What do we do? That's a bad situation that can escalate quickly. But it's probably not a situation where we'd send a 1000 nukes Russia's way.

Exactly, and I think that might very well be in Putin's calculus. If he chooses to use a tactical nuke, that's him giving the West a giant middle finger knowing the West probably won't retaliate with nuclear retaliation, but the West would have to get more involved. How that is done, I haven't a clue as the wrong move brings WW3.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The problem is if the USAF does that, the Russians are bound to see that as NATO aggression and declare war on NATO as well. Welcome to WW3 in that situation.

In addition the USAF does not have the planes or man-power over in that neck of the woods to effectively monitor even 1/2 of Ukraine at the moment.

In a "No-fly" situation you (the country or entity enforcing the "No-fly") needs to have planes in the air constantly.

And at the moment the USAF can not do that.

I don't think NATO is presently equipped to do it either.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Exactly, and I think that might very well be in Putin's calculus. If he chooses to use a tactical nuke, that's him giving the West a giant middle finger knowing the West probably won't retaliate with nuclear retaliation, but the West would have to get more involved. How that is done, I haven't a clue as the wrong move brings WW3.

If Putin launches a tactical nuke all bets are off the table.

I have no idea what the response would be.

It wouldn't necessarily be a NATO response. It could just be a country that decides it will respond outside of NATO.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
While many countries would aid financially, Russia should foot the bulk of the cost to rebuild. If Russia wins, then it's theirs and it's up to them to rebuild what they destroyed. If Russia pulls out, then part of reparations would have to be to pay to rebuild or the economic sanctions stay in place, starting with the selling off with seized assets.

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
While many countries would aid financially, Russia should foot the bulk of the cost to rebuild. If Russia wins, then it's theirs and it's up to them to rebuild what they destroyed. If Russia pulls out, then part of reparations would have to be to pay to rebuild or the economic sanctions stay in place, starting with the selling off with seized assets.
Bad decision. There are Russian people who protested against this war and are now in jail, you want to tell them they also have to pay now? One man did this and you want bystanders to foot the bill? Russian oligarchs ok, but the common person, we don't know what's in there hearts, how can we ask them to pay when they are also paying with the crash of their economy? Your way will bring about the next war because of the anger they develop towards your choices in the near future.

MaineBoy

Reaction score
US looking to give 10 Billion to Ukraine? Is it a loan or is it a gift? If the war goes on and on will it followed by another 10 Billion so on and so forth? I think it's time the US rethink it's position on Ukraine. Ukraine may be lost forever, might be time to just let it go.

Putin, is that you? You can type in English: that’s pretty cool.