Santonio Holmes arrested again

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Charles said:
Since when did "most talented WRs" equate to the "Best WR ever":confused:.
Since when did it become wrong to aspire to high character and elite talent?

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Uh-Oh said:
This guy seemed so down to earth in his draft interviews. And you never heard anything bad happening in college. What the hell happened?

someone posted a blurb right before the draft about supposed character problems of both Santonio and our own Bobby Carpenter, how Carpenter was "uncoachable" in practice, and Santonio had domestic issues or something, it didn't catch much attention on here, but rumors were out there, I guess they were right about Santonio

Charles

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile said:
It's never been wrong and who exactly opined that it might be? I didn't. If you think stating that most talented WRs tend to be bad boys or off-field idiots equates to condoning the poor character then you have a comprenhension problem.

Charles

Benched
Reaction score
THUMPER said:
Yes he did. He was busted while visiting a massage parlour. He claimed that he was there to get a deep-tissue massage and had no idea other activities were going on. He was exonerated but most people, including me, felt he got off because of who he was and who he played for (evidently the San Fran cops aren't like the Dallas police).

I don't remember the year it happened but it was while he was still playing for the 49ERs in the mid-late 90s.
oops:lmao2: :lmao:

How about them apples Hostile...!!! Jerry Rice got busted in a "massage" parlour:lmao2:

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Hostile said:

Since money became bigger then the game itself. We have a generation of fans that have been raised on the concept that "It's a business.". The statement is not wrong. Anymore, that's exactly what it is but it wasn't always so IMO. Now, self promotion and shock/Intertainment value is more valued then almost anything else.

It is what it is.

dmq

If I'm so pretty, why am I available?
Reaction score
Goes to show that organizations that do their homework can still screw up.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY said:
Since money became bigger then the game itself. We have a generation of fans that have been raised on the concept that "It's a business.". The statement is not wrong. Anymore, that's exactly what it is but it wasn't always so IMO. Now, self promotion and shock/Intertainment value is more valued then almost anything else.

It is what it is.

I agree. It is a business; a form of entertainment. That's what I constantly remind myself of ESPN everytime I get upset at their poor media journalism from time to time; its entertainment, a business....they want viewers/advertising...sometimes the truth isn't sensational enough...I understand why ESPN does what it does, even if its frusturating at times.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Charles said:
oops:lmao2: :lmao:

How about them apples Hostile...!!! Jerry Rice got busted in a "massage" parlour:lmao2:
Marvin Harrison, Torry Holt, Roy Williams, Anquan Boldin, Larry Fitzgerald, the list goes on.

I'm just saying it isn't necessarily a fact you were stating about top notch WRs and off field problems. Then again, reading comprehension need not apply as you're so eloquently proving.

juck

Reaction score
T.O. never had legal problems.did he?what about Hines ward or marvin harrison?

StanleySpadowski

Reaction score
I know some will think I'm being a prude but multiple children by multiple women before the guy even finished college should have raised a warning signal. It shows a cavalier approach to personal responsibility.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
StanleySpadowski said:
I know some will think I'm being a prude but multiple children by multiple women before the guy even finished college should have raised a warning signal. It shows a cavalier approach to personal responsibility.
I did not know about this.

juck

Reaction score
StanleySpadowski said:

sad but the truth.he has a lot of"babies mamas"

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
Hostile said:
Marvin Harrison, Torry Holt, Roy Williams, Anquan Boldin, Larry Fitzgerald, the list goes on.

I'm just saying it isn't necessarily a fact you were stating about top notch WRs and off field problems. Then again, reading comprehension need not apply as you're so eloquently proving.

Well, I can see his point.

When you think of top WR's, Owens, Harrison, Holt, Fitzgerald, Boldin, Chad Johnson, Steve Smith, Randy Moss come to mind.

On that list, Owens has had his share of troubles, as has Johnson (locker room incident), Smith (ejected last year in a game), Moss (drug issues/character issues).

That's a relative high percentage, say, compared to some of the top QB's.

Manning, Brady, Palmer Hassellback, Roethlisberger, Green, Brees, etc.

And I am guessing, its a higher percentage than most other positions amongst the elite, for whatever reason.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
StanleySpadowski said:

Not a widley publicised fact about Holmes, to be sure, but very true. He has had a few casual relationships that have resulted in children, as I understand it. Just another one of those Ohio State things that don't get pub.

In all fairness, Ohio State isn't the only program that does this. Almost all big time programs do it. Ohio State just seems to do it better. Go figure.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Vintage said:
Well, I can see his point.

When you think of top WR's, Owens, Harrison, Holt, Fitzgerald, Boldin, Chad Johnson, Steve Smith, Randy Moss come to mind.

On that list, Owens has had his share of troubles, as has Johnson (locker room incident), Smith (ejected last year in a game), Moss (drug issues/character issues).

That's a relative high percentage, say, compared to some of the top QB's.

Manning, Brady, Palmer Hassellback, Roethlisberger, Green, Brees, etc.

And I am guessing, its a higher percentage than most other positions amongst the elite, for whatever reason.
Here's his math Vintage. Direct from him, not made up by me.

Charles said:
WR + Off-field Issues = Great NFL WR
I'm sorry, but I simply do not buy that at all. There are guys who have had off field issues that turned out to be busts or at least not "great." There are great WRs who aren't having off field issues.

Yeah, there are some guys who fit that math. That makes it a hypothesis. One that got blown up BTW. More holes in that theory than Swiss cheese.

sago1

Reaction score
Well RB Ricky Williams certainly fits that profile. He's got 3 children by 3 different woman but one of these women now expecting a second child by him. It's why he's up in the CFL running for money. Understand Dolphins weren't happy to approve his going but realized he needed make some money to support his children in 06. Williams and other players who have multiple children by multiple women are just plain stupid and frittering away their future earnings/career--and these women are either just plain stupid or smart but they are certainly part of the problem too.

leotisbrown

Half Fast Analysis
Reaction score
In late braking news Money Grub Snyder just traded 2 first round picks and a barel of cash's to the Steelers to obstain the rights to Santonio Holmes! :laugh1: