Santonio Holmes arrested again

RealCowboyfan

Championship
Reaction score
Hey once Steelers get tired of him, they should return the favor and just release em over to Dallas, he'll work out here.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
RealCowboyfan said:
Hey once Steelers get tired of him, they should return the favor and just release em over to Dallas, he'll work out here.
There are days I seriously wonder if you are a Cowboys fan or a Commanders fan in disguise. This is one of those days.

Sitting Bull

Reaction score
Reading of another Holmes arrest, I immediately thought of this pre-draft article:
http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/NFLDraft/Draft+Insider/2006/qa041906.htm.
I think PFW sucks and was incensed at the time by the author's vague and contradictory implication of Carpenter's character. But remembered it was also one of the few pieces that called Holmes' character into question, even if the "proof" was cryptic. Here's hoping this author is never more than half-right. You have to be a world class idiot to get arrested twice within a month while your first NFL contract is being negotiated. Nice pick...

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
And the good news just keeps chugging along for thsoe defending World Champions.... :moonbart:

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Per PFT

SANTURDIO IS OUT ON BAIL

Steelers receiver Santurdio is out of jail after posting a $3,500 bond on Monday, according to the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. He had been arrested on charges of domestic violence and assault in Columbus, Ohio. (His legal name is "Santonio Holmes," but we're going to refer to him from this point forward as only "Santurdio.")

Santurdio pleaded not guilty to the charges, and his lawyer requested a trial by jury. (The lawyer specifically asked for the jury that acquitted O.J. Simpson, but he was reminded by the judge that those folks live in, you know, California.)

The person Santurdio allegedly assaulted was Lashae Boone, the mother of Santurdio's youngest child. (He's only 22 and he's already got three of them -- he might not ever match Jerry Rice's records, but he's on pace to shatter Shawn Kemp's.)

Based on a police affidavit, the specific claim is that Santurdio did "knowingly cause or attempt to cause physical harm to a family or household member . . . by means of choking, throwing her to the ground, grabbing her arms and slamming her into a door, leaving her with bruises, pain and a torn shirt." (For us, that sentence conjure images of Rain Main writing in his book of major injuries that "Charlie Babbitt grabbed and pulled and hurt my neck in 1988.")

But Santurdio's lawyer apparently disputes the fact that Boone was hurt in the alleged assault. "Nobody's injured," the lawyer said. "There were no injuries." (We feel compelled to make another smart-*** comment in parentheses, but we can't think of anything to say.)

Said Bill Cowher on a radio show on Monday, regarding the incident: "I really don't have any details whatsoever, so I really don't want to comment. It's unfortunate that these types of things are making the news. It's not what you want to be doing at this time of year."

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
WoodysGirl said:
Per PFT

SANTURDIO IS OUT ON BAIL

Steelers receiver Santurdio is out of jail after posting a $3,500 bond on Monday, according to the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. He had been arrested on charges of domestic violence and assault in Columbus, Ohio. (His legal name is "Santonio Holmes," but we're going to refer to him from this point forward as only "Santurdio.")

Santurdio pleaded not guilty to the charges, and his lawyer requested a trial by jury. (The lawyer specifically asked for the jury that acquitted O.J. Simpson, but he was reminded by the judge that those folks live in, you know, California.)

The person Santurdio allegedly assaulted was Lashae Boone, the mother of Santurdio's youngest child. (He's only 22 and he's already got three of them -- he might not ever match Jerry Rice's records, but he's on pace to shatter Shawn Kemp's.)

Based on a police affidavit, the specific claim is that Santurdio did "knowingly cause or attempt to cause physical harm to a family or household member . . . by means of choking, throwing her to the ground, grabbing her arms and slamming her into a door, leaving her with bruises, pain and a torn shirt." (For us, that sentence conjure images of Rain Main writing in his book of major injuries that "Charlie Babbitt grabbed and pulled and hurt my neck in 1988.")

But Santurdio's lawyer apparently disputes the fact that Boone was hurt in the alleged assault. "Nobody's injured," the lawyer said. "There were no injuries." (We feel compelled to make another smart-*** comment in parentheses, but we can't think of anything to say.)

Said Bill Cowher on a radio show on Monday, regarding the incident: "I really don't have any details whatsoever, so I really don't want to comment. It's unfortunate that these types of things are making the news. It's not what you want to be doing at this time of year."

Gotta love their ability to work the word "turd" into any context.

Beauturdiful!

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
juckie said:
Columbus police said they arrested Steelers first-round draft pick Santonio Holmes Monday morning on a domestic violence charge.
I see he is adapting well to that Pennsylvania mentality. :cool: