Saturday wildcard playoff games

dreghorn2

Original Zoner (he's a good boy!)
Reaction score
Pittsburgh coaches grabbing players, pulling player's dreads, on the field talking trash, officials completely lost control of that game.

That is my take away from this game regardless of how it ended.

Oh and Nantz was embarrassing.

Aikmaniac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
This is football. They are all grown up's and know the pro's and con's of playing the game.

They all get paid very very well for playing the game. If they don't think it is worth it to risk injury, they can simply get another job.

What we are watching now isn't the game we grew up watching. These rules that they continue to impose on the game is ruining the game. It's deciding games and it's beyond ridiculous.

To add to your point of this changing game, many of the players in the HoF (Lott, Lambert, etc) would never have made it in today's league.

As you said the players know how dangerous the sport is. Race car drivers, test pilots, stuntmen, etc all know what they're signing up for.

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score
The Steelers are quickly moving up my list of teams to root against.

Not sure how old you are but for those of us over 45 they are at the very top. You cannot image how brutal those Super Bowl loses were - then for them to win some games the way they have, especially a Super Bowl that was the worst officiated game ever - well...welcome to the club.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
James Harrison tells @NFLNetwork he didn't think Burfict hit was penalty but what he's been told previously by NFL it's "by rule, a penalty"

muck4doo

Least-Known Member
Reaction score
Not sure how old you are but for those of us over 45 they are at the very top. You cannot image how brutal those Super Bowl loses were - then for them to win some games the way they have, especially a Super Bowl that was the worst officiated game ever - well...welcome to the club.

Steelers are only topped by the Whiners in my book.

Aikmaniac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

Yeah I'm 37 so I just missed those years but understand as my father passed those moments along to me. It's hard to take the top spot on the list from Philly.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
If Antonio brown did what burfict did to burfict would it even be addressed or noticed ?

Brown jumps lands and lowers his head as burfict is running past him with a tensed up arm and his head up. He barely contacts him really.

HappyOnions

Datwin
Reaction score
A lot of ridiculousness in this thread due to Steelers hate...

Wishing injury on Big Ben, defending the Bengals hit, whining about the refs, etc.

Just imagine the following scenario....we're playing in WASH, NY, or PHI...Romo goes down, gets bottles thrown at him while he's being taken off the field...Sean Lee makes the same exact tackle on Darren Sproles, Shane Vareen, etc. and doesn't get penalized...and then an opposing player hits Dez Bryant the same way Antonio Brown got hit...

None of you would be happy with any of that yet here you are, blinded by whatever senseless Steeler rage you have, trying to rationalize your viewpoints on the game.

Bengals lost because they played sloppy football and committed some really stupid penalties towards the end of this game.

Last edited:

punchnjudy

Reaction score
James Harrison tells @NFLNetwork he didn't think Burfict hit was penalty but what he's been told previously by NFL it's "by rule, a penalty"

I think they pretty much have to call it but I don't know how they missed the earlier incident. Given the situation I think the refs should have let the Pac-Man thing slide but after the bengals fumbled they lost all sympathy from me lol.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
I think they pretty much have to call it but I don't know how they missed the earlier incident. Given the situation I think the refs should have let the Pac-Man thing slide but after they fumbled they lost all sympathy from me lol.

I hate they lost but I don't feel sorry for them. They are a disgrace.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
A lot of ridiculousness in this thread due to Steelers hate...

Wishing injury on Big Ben, defending the Bengals hit, whining about the refs, etc.

Just imagine the following scenario....we're playing in WASH, NY, or PHI...Romo goes down, gets bottles thrown at him while he's being taken off the field...Sean Lee makes the same exact tackle on Darren Sproles, Shane Vareen, etc. and doesn't get penalized...and then an opposing player hits Dez Bryant the same way Antonio Brown got hit...

None of you would be happy with any of that yet here you are, blinded by whatever senseless Steeler rage you have, trying to rationalize your viewpoints on the game.

Bengals lost because they played sloppy football and committed some really stupid penalties towards the end of this game.

I think the rape has something to do with it

HappyOnions

Datwin
Reaction score
I think the rape has something to do with it

BUT...BUT BEN WAS NEVER CONVICTED!!!! SAME THING WITH GREG HARDY RIGHT???

Yeah I get it, he's more than likely a sleazeball, it doesn't change the fact that we'd be outraged if this happened to Romo our any of our players as they were being carted off the field.

CrownCowboy

Reaction score
To add to your point of this changing game, many of the players in the HoF (Lott, Lambert, etc) would never have made it in today's league.

As you said the players know how dangerous the sport is. Race car drivers, test pilots, stuntmen, etc all know what they're signing up for.

Yessir.

And it makes it even worse that there was no flag on the Shazier hit prior to all of what happened at the end. The man launched the crown of his helmet to hit a receiver who has been classified as defenseless all year long except for this one specific play. For whatever reason under the sun.....it was a legal hit.

Don't get me wrong. I don't see anything wrong with the hit Shazier laid out. This is football. Hits like that were commonplace just 10 to 15 years ago and nobody thought a thing about it. But I reckon by today's standards, that hit has been flagged every time this year. Except this one...

So now, the officials are going to all of the sudden go back to what is suppossedly defending the players on a play where the receiver didn't even get hit. He got grazed which resulted in him getting knocked out. Yeah, Brown looked out going down but he wasn't hit hard at all, he was grazed. And that's the nature of the game. You really don't have to get hit hard, or hit square at all to get hurt in this game.

It's been like that from day one and it's going to continue to be like that even with all of these horrible safety rules and other things they keep imposing on the game. I guess we can all keep watching this league enable the officials to decide ballgames over and over and over again. I mean the league doesn't even know what a catch is. It's a joke.

And you are right. Great, Hall of Fame players of the past wouldn't make it in today's game. Lord only knows what some of them would be labeled as if they played today.

Last edited:

tcc0808

Reaction score
BUT...BUT BEN WAS NEVER CONVICTED!!!! SAME THING WITH GREG HARDY RIGHT???

Yeah I get it, he's more than likely a sleazeball, it doesn't change the fact that we'd be outraged if this happened to Romo our any of our players as they were being carted off the field.

Consider that Bernard had just been knocked out of the game and the player who knocked him out of the game was celebrating on the logo 2 or 3 plays before Rapelessburger was hurt..,, fan outrage may have been more about watching their player lay face down on the turf after a violent head to head collision...and fumble that was "legal"