Schefter Per Mort Report: Murray 5 for 42 mill 21 guaranteed

BigD_95

Reaction score
Murray will be at Philthy headquarters around 3 pm EST. If that contract is for real, and signed, then let the hate commence.

I declare one DeMarco Murray the most hated former Cowboy in the history of Cowboys!

I wish you the very worst in your football endeavors. Your actions were detestable. Thank goodness I didn't buy your jersey. Later loser.

Good riddance!

I second that!

superonyx

Reaction score
People, please quit saying that money is well deserved. He had one very good season. That one season had much more to do with a beastly oline then it did with Murray. He will never come close to that kind of production again.

He had 5.5 YPC his rookie year. 5.2 YPC and 4.7 YPC....He only had this line for the 4.7ypc year.
He played well enough to deserve to be paid like a top 5 back.
People get upset if he makes what Sean Lee makes for some reason.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lots of money but can anyone actually argue that we are better right now?

Murray, Durant, Carter, McClain, Parnell

Forget the draft, we have about 10 holes to fill.

Better on the field right now? No. Is our potential for a better future increased by not handing out bad contracts? Yes.

It's March 12th, bro. We're not playing a game tomorrow.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Durant really is the only surprise to me. I thought he would re-sign.

Yup, but Durant got 10 Million over 3 years with 3 Million guaranteed. If they cut him after two years its a 2 year deal for 7.5 Million. I put that contract in the same category as DeMarco, I would never match it .

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Again, I don't blame him at all for following the money. I think the hate many have comes from him joining our most hated rival, and I don't see anything wrong with that. Are Cowboys fans supposed to love an Eagles player suddenly?

no kidding.
i have nothing against murray at all and he made the right decision financially.
but i'll boo him til i can't breathe when he come sin here wearing that janky trinity river water green jersey.

remdak

Reaction score

McClain hasn't signed with anybody yet, unless I missed something.

davey999

Reaction score
Better on the field right now? No. Is our potential for a better future increased by not handing out bad contracts? Yes.

It's March 12th, bro. We're not playing a game tomorrow.

You expect the draft @27 to fill all our holes?

And please don't say Hardy - he ain't coming here.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

1. Mickey Spagnola ‏@Spags52 37s37 seconds ago
    RT @los_el_escritor: Any idea what the guaranteed money look like for boys offer to murray? @Spags52 @BryanBroaddus ...not even close

0 replies0 retweets0 favorites
    Retweet
    Favorite
    More

2. 2:31 PM - 12 Mar 2015 · Details
    " data-you-follow="true" data-you-block="false" style="position: relative; min-height: 51px; padding: 9px 12px; border-bottom-width: 1px; border-bottom-style: solid; border-bottom-color: rgb(225, 232, 237); cursor: pointer; background-color: rgb(245, 248, 250);">

mike fisher ‏@fishsports 48s48 seconds ago
    at 11:30 last nite #DeMarcoToPhilly essentially happened. Told family #Cowboys would be near $6M, knew #Eagles would get near $9M. Deal.

0 replies1 retweet0 favorites
    Retweet1
    Favorite
    More

LandryFan

Proud Native Texan, USMC-1972-79, USN-1983-2000
Reaction score
I'd still draft a running back fairly early if Matthews is the choice. ... I still believe, though, one reason Dallas was willing to let Murray walk is because acquiring Peterson was the backup plan.

Not saying you're necessarily wrong, but what's out there that says AP is even available. I certainly don't see Minny just cutting him. A trade would involve no telling what in draft picks, and even then, you take on his contract (can you say megabucks?). Even if he's willing to renegotiate, he has publicly said he would demand $25 guaranteed, IIRC. I really think Dallas replaces Murray via the draft...JMO.

cowboys2233

Reaction score
Murray will be at Philthy headquarters around 3 pm EST. If that contract is for real, and signed, then let the hate commence.

I declare one DeMarco Murray the most hated former Cowboy in the history of Cowboys!

I wish you the very worst in your football endeavors. Your actions were detestable. Thank goodness I didn't buy your jersey. Later loser.

Good riddance!

The hate has commenced...for that utter fool, Stephen Jones. This was a workable deal.

mldardy

Reaction score

When did he leave? Also Durant was injured last year, Parnell was not a starter/Free is and he got resigned. Carter/Murray got way too much money.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Yup, but Durant got 10 Million over 3 years with 3 Million guaranteed. If they cut him after two years its a 2 year deal for 7.5 Million. I put that contract in the same category as DeMarco, I would never match it .

yup. because while i really liked durant a lot as a person (funny and genuine guy on twitter) i couldn't see bringing him back here as a starter given his health issues.

dallas signed him for peanuts for a reason. now after 16 games played over two years he is getting a fairly large raise.
good for him but not something dallas should have done.

when fredbeard and martin come up in free agency we will be glad we have been pinching pennies.

Doc50

Original Fan
Reaction score
Bob Sturm ‏@SportsSturm 2m2 minutes ago
It hurts, but, good job, Stephen.

1. Bob Sturm retweeted
    Field Yates ‏@FieldYates 4m4 minutes ago
    LeSean McCoy extension with Bills: 5-years, $40.05M, $26.55M guaranteed. DeMarco Murray deal with Eagles: 5-years, $42M, $21M guaranteed.

0 replies196 retweets53 favorites
    Retweet196
    Favorite53
    More

1. Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 1m1 minute ago
    Minor point: On DeMarco Murray's $21 million guaranteed, $18 million for skill and injury. Murray got what Dallas did not expect.

0 replies63 retweets14 favorites
    Retweet63
    Favorite14
    More
Bob Sturm ‏@SportsSturm 29s30 seconds ago
The Eagles seem to be making up this whole thing on the fly. #GetIt

0 replies0 retweets0 favorites
Retweet
Favorite
More

Considering the relative talent and contract numbers and system, the She-gulls were better of just keeping McCoy.

So, we saved that money, increased our cap room, and got Philly to take a cap hit that doesn't fit their system.

That's addition by subtraction.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

dragon_mikal

Fire Garrett
Reaction score
think the answer is somewhere in the middle.
the eagles have an older ol with some good 30+ year old vets but also just let herremans walk.
the system they use is very ol friendly and contributes to their statistical rankings.

they are not as good an ol as dallas by any means which matters as you relate demarco murray to the equation.
at the same time this is hardly the jags murray has signed with.
he is in a very potent offense and should do just fine.

I didn't say they were as good as Dallas' line...I think our line is the best in the league. I'm just saying they're not a scrub unit and that Murray very well could have some success behind his new offensive line.

I agree that of the teams other than Dallas that were interested he chose the one with the highest chance of competing.