Schefter Per Mort Report: Murray 5 for 42 mill 21 guaranteed

Cowboysfan1975

Reaction score
I'm not comparing Murray and Emmitt, I'm simply showing how flawed your argument is about having a good offensive line. What makes you think that Murray wouldn't have that same continued success, year eand and year out with this offensive line?

No actually I do not. Look at the carries he had to get to have that season along with his injury history. No even if he stayed here he couldn't keep up that production.

Remember the year Emmitt held out? That oline didn't matter cause they lost every game he skipped. Murray doesn't have thst kind of importants to this Cowboys team. Yes Murray is a good back, but we are greatly overestimating his value

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
I was Demarco's biggest cheerleader but this news is brutal. Forget the money, which is crazy, going to Philly is the killer.

Now I gotta hope everything I said about him was wrong and he does terrible for the Eagles.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Not saying you're necessarily wrong, but what's out there that says AP is even available. I certainly don't see Minny just cutting him. A trade would involve no telling what in draft picks, and even then, you take on his contract (can you say megabucks?). Even if he's willing to renegotiate, he has publicly said he would demand $25 guaranteed, IIRC. I really think Dallas replaces Murray via the draft...JMO.

He has never publicly said anything. The only person that said he said that was the same guy who said Murray was staying in Dallas. So your argument is moot, and uninformed.

HoustonSucks

Reaction score
This is disgusting. I think this is a product of Madden and fantasy football - plug in and play BS. It's NOT that simple! I think this is a product of Jerry overcompensating the OPPOSITE WAY... he got burned so much on overpaying those who didn't deserve it, he cant' see the forest for the trees in terms of who DOES deserve it. Murray is NOT MBIII. Murray is PISSED, feels disrepected and has screwed us. I believe he would have stayed for a deal somewhere in between what we initially offered and this overbloated insanity the Eagles are giving him to screw us. Since this is a non-negative-rant zone I guess I can't say anything.But this is NOT a good move and we very well may suffer. And it would be fine if Romo was 5 years younger. But he's not. Good luck. And for everyone thinking AP is going to come in and give us the same production or some Miracle rookie will do the same... go play your little Madden game. This is seriously sick. The TRUTH is always inthe middle. The Cowboys have gone from one extreme (overpaying) to another (no money) and the result may be the same. I have lost all excitement for next season. Blah. I'll just spend the summer drunk.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You expect the draft @27 to fill all our holes?

And please don't say Hardy - he ain't coming here.

Fill all our holes? No. What team doesn't have holes? The Super Bowl was played by two teams with holes.

We're worse than we were 3 days ago, but I'm not about to walk into the middle of an operation and rip the surgeon for my wife, now unconscious and bleeding, being better off than when she came in here. The team you see right now isn't the team that will take the field in September. This is a process and you are overreacting to it if you jump to any conclusions 48 hours into free agency.

I'd have Aaron Rodgers finish this post with his relax message but he's a D-bag who never should have won the MVP award this year. That was stolen from Tony Romo.

JBS

Reaction score
Lolol

People are upset w Murray? For what?

Get a clue on how this game works...my goodness

Good for Murray....he got paid!!!

Good for Dallas! They didn't waste money on him

Nothing for anyone here to be upset about

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
You expect the draft @27 to fill all our holes?

And please don't say Hardy - he ain't coming here.

time to put on your big girl britches.
last time i checked there are over 100 free agents still available.

maybe that's high 90s now....

Wayne02

Reaction score
No actually I do not. Look at the carries he had to get to have that season along with his injury history. No even if he stayed here he couldn't keep up that production.

Remember the year Emmitt held out? That oline didn't matter cause they lost every game he skipped. Murray doesn't have thst kind of importants to this Cowboys team. Yes Murray is a good back, but we are greatly overestimating his value

You think that the Cowboys would have had the same kind of success with Randle or Dunbar as the featured back? Please, I could argue that the Cowboys don't even make the playoffs without Murray last year.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Not saying you're necessarily wrong, but what's out there that says AP is even available. I certainly don't see Minny just cutting him. A trade would involve no telling what in draft picks, and even then, you take on his contract (can you say megabucks?). Even if he's willing to renegotiate, he has publicly said he would demand $25 guaranteed, IIRC. I really think Dallas replaces Murray via the draft...JMO.

I have nothing to go on other than the fact that Peterson's interest in playing for Dallas and desire to get out of Minnesota seem pretty legit.

I don't know what it would take to trade for him (but I certainly wouldn't offer much) and I don't know what it what it would take in a renegotiation to bring him in (but I certainly wouldn't pay what Murray got).

mldardy

Reaction score
I get it. All guys we lose suck.

Didn't say they suck but you are acting like these guys were difference makers. The only difference maker we lost was Murray. You and that cowboyvic guy are the absolute "best"

TroyNJ

Reaction score
This is disgusting. I think this is a product of Madden and fantasy football - plug in and play BS. It's NOT that simple! I think this is a product of Jerry overcompensating the OPPOSITE WAY... he got burned so much on overpaying those who didn't deserve it, he cant' see the forest for the trees in terms of who DOES deserve it. Murray is NOT MBIII. Murray is PISSED, feels disrepected and has screwed us. I believe he would have stayed for a deal somewhere in between what we initially offered and this overbloated insanity the Eagles are giving him to screw us. Since this is a non-negative-rant zone I guess I can't say anything.But this is NOT a good move and we very well may suffer. And it would be fine if Romo was 5 years younger. But he's not. Good luck. And for everyone thinking AP is going to come in and give us the same production or some Miracle rookie will do the same... go play your little Madden game. This is seriously sick. The TRUTH is always inthe middle. The Cowboys have gone from one extreme (overpaying) to another (no money) and the result may be the same. I have lost all excitement for next season. Blah. I'll just spend the summer drunk.

This!

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The o line cant keep him from fumbling though.

Their OL also had a very down year last year. I don't know what people were watching.

There are serious concerns in Philly whether the Lane Johnson pick isn't headed for bustdom.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Not sad about that.

Terrell McClain is signed for next season already. --unless I missed some cut we made.
Rolando is a FA but I have heard zero about him taking visits beyond that Dallas still wants him back.