Schefter Per Mort Report: Murray 5 for 42 mill 21 guaranteed

coult44

Reaction score
Agree. Half of his salary is guaranteed. Wow. Too much for RB where we can get one in the draft. Spend that money on DE like Hardy.

Stop with the rookie crap. No way a rookie comes in and does everything we need him to do. It's dumb to think one could. Run, sure. Everything else, absolutely not!!!!

Wayne02

Reaction score
People, please quit saying that money is well deserved. He had one very good season. That one season had much more to do with a beastly oline then it did with Murray. He will never come close to that kind of production again.

Emmitt Smith had a beastly offensive line for his entire career, are you going to sit here and argue that Emmitt Smith didn't deserve his money or accolades simply because he had good blocking?

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
I hope Murray uses some of that cash to get a monster mcmansion here in Dallas(highland Park).
Season tickets to the Mavs and SMU games.

SDCowboy

Reaction score

slick325

Reaction score
The marketplace has spoken. Top tier backs are still being paid big numbers. This doesn't lend itself to Peterson taking less than Marshawn, Demarco or McCoy. I no longer see Peterson becoming a member of the Cowboys.

Good thing this draft is deep with backs. Hopefully the team is doing their due diligence.

HanfordDixon

Please, Call Me Shirley
Reaction score
So I did some research on this. Murray had 497 touches last year, counting the two playoff games. There's about eight RBs in NFL history who approach those numbers. Only one -- Eric Dickerson -- did not suffer pretty disasterous results following the monster workload season. Jamal Anderson and Terrell Davis tore their ACLs the following season. Eddie George dropped to 3.0 per carry and was never the same. Larry Johnson never hit 1,000 again and was never the same. Gerald Riggs had one more 1,000 season, but he was never the same. Ricky Williams had one more 1,000 season, but he was never the same.

I was really worried Dallas would go to $7 mil a year. This is a really good deal. It might sting now with the Birds winning this skirmish, but long term, this is a good deal.

rayyyy5x

Reaction score
Am i crazy but wouldnt that be 3/5 of eagle's oline that is gone? One to indy, one retired, and now possibly trading evan mathis? Haven't seen much discussion about it... They had a good oline

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
People, please quit saying that money is well deserved. He had one very good season. That one season had much more to do with a beastly oline then it did with Murray. He will never come close to that kind of production again.

Beastly OL, a ton of carries and a very good RB. I think that's a fair evaluation of it.