Schefter Per Mort Report: Murray 5 for 42 mill 21 guaranteed

davey999

Reaction score
Fill all our holes? No. What team doesn't have holes? The Super Bowl was played by two teams with holes.

We're worse than we were 3 days ago, but I'm not about to walk into the middle of an operation and rip the surgeon for my wife, now unconscious and bleeding, being better off than when she came in here. The team you see right now isn't the team that will take the field in September. This is a process and you are overreacting to it if you jump to any conclusions 48 hours into free agency.

I'd have Aaron Rodgers finish this post with his relax message but he's a D-bag who never should have won the MVP award this year. That was stolen from Tony Romo.

Don't get the analogy. I know the season doesn't start tomorrow.

Give me your plan to improve the team. What would you suggest?

It speaks to cap management when GB can afford to keep it's weapons and we can't. That's Jerry's fault.

And no, I did not want 29 back at all costs, but if we weren't keeping him then do something to improve your d.

If people are arguing and wondering why Murray wasn't coveted by 30 teams, then anyone we pick up now is in the same boat.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Their OL also had a very down year last year. I don't know what people were watching.

There are serious concerns in Philly whether the Lane Johnson pick isn't headed for bustdom.

Plus Herreman is gone and rumors are they are trying to trade Mathis

dragon_mikal

Fire Garrett
Reaction score
Isn't it weird that the Eagles traded away Shady who's so much better than Murray and then replaced him with Murray who's the suckiest OPoY winner in the history of the universe?

I wonder what the Eagles FO is thinking?!

Last edited:

Gaede

Reaction score
Well I like Murray and don't really care about money (it's the owners who spend this money, not fans--too much or too little has.no.impact on my fandom), but screw him for going to the Eagles.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Plus Herreman is gone and rumors are they are trying to trade Mathis

If I am an Eagles fan, I am going crazy. Mathis is a quality guard, Herremans is not bad either. Let's see Murray get 1800 yards behind an all new line.

LandryFan

Proud Native Texan, USMC-1972-79, USN-1983-2000
Reaction score
He has never publicly said anything. The only person that said he said that was the same guy who said Murray was staying in Dallas. So your argument is moot, and uninformed.

Wow, pardon me for giving an opinion (it wasn't an argument). Uninformed, perhaps. I just remember reading somewhere on this site about a week ago that he was looking to get $25M guaranteed. I'll try not to ruffle your feathers again in the future...

StylisticS

Reaction score
This is disgusting. I think this is a product of Madden and fantasy football - plug in and play BS. It's NOT that simple! I think this is a product of Jerry overcompensating the OPPOSITE WAY... he got burned so much on overpaying those who didn't deserve it, he cant' see the forest for the trees in terms of who DOES deserve it. Murray is NOT MBIII. Murray is PISSED, feels disrepected and has screwed us. I believe he would have stayed for a deal somewhere in between what we initially offered and this overbloated insanity the Eagles are giving him to screw us. Since this is a non-negative-rant zone I guess I can't say anything.But this is NOT a good move and we very well may suffer. And it would be fine if Romo was 5 years younger. But he's not. Good luck. And for everyone thinking AP is going to come in and give us the same production or some Miracle rookie will do the same... go play your little Madden game. This is seriously sick. The TRUTH is always inthe middle. The Cowboys have gone from one extreme (overpaying) to another (no money) and the result may be the same. I have lost all excitement for next season. Blah. I'll just spend the summer drunk.

You lost all hope for next season after two days of free agency in early March?

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
If I am an Eagles fan, I am going crazy. Mathis is a quality guard, Herremans is not bad either. Let's see Murray get 1800 yards behind an all new line.

I think Eagle fans are just happy they stuck it to the Cowboys.

LandryFan

Proud Native Texan, USMC-1972-79, USN-1983-2000
Reaction score
I have nothing to go on other than the fact that Peterson's interest in playing for Dallas and desire to get out of Minnesota seem pretty legit.

I don't know what it would take to trade for him (but I certainly wouldn't offer much) and I don't know what it what it would take in a renegotiation to bring him in (but I certainly wouldn't pay what Murray got).

I don't disagree with anything you said. For what it's worth, I'd love to have him behind this line for a couple of years...I just have my doubts. Stranger things have happened, though.

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
This is disgusting. I think this is a product of Madden and fantasy football - plug in and play BS. It's NOT that simple! I think this is a product of Jerry overcompensating the OPPOSITE WAY... he got burned so much on overpaying those who didn't deserve it, he cant' see the forest for the trees in terms of who DOES deserve it. Murray is NOT MBIII. Murray is PISSED, feels disrepected and has screwed us. I believe he would have stayed for a deal somewhere in between what we initially offered and this overbloated insanity the Eagles are giving him to screw us. Since this is a non-negative-rant zone I guess I can't say anything.But this is NOT a good move and we very well may suffer. And it would be fine if Romo was 5 years younger. But he's not. Good luck. And for everyone thinking AP is going to come in and give us the same production or some Miracle rookie will do the same... go play your little Madden game. This is seriously sick. The TRUTH is always inthe middle. The Cowboys have gone from one extreme (overpaying) to another (no money) and the result may be the same. I have lost all excitement for next season. Blah. I'll just spend the summer drunk.

:facepalm:

The season just started, last year our defense was suppose to be the worst ever in all time NFL history. You are right this is not Madden and you yourself have no idea how this plays out.