Schefter Per Mort Report: Murray 5 for 42 mill 21 guaranteed

Cowboysfan1975

Reaction score
You think that the Cowboys would have had the same kind of success with Randle or Dunbar as the featured back? Please, I could argue that the Cowboys don't even make the playoffs without Murray last year.

I didn't say anything about Randle or Dunbar, but i really doubt they head into the season with those guys as there main backs. You can argue that all you want, but you can't prove it. We'll all see very soon where the success in the running game really came from.

Now look the Cowboys have an elite oline, elite QB, elite WR and elite TE. The iggles have none of that. You think teams aren't going to stack the box to stop Murray . He is the only real weapon they have now.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
He has never publicly said anything. The only person that said he said that was the same guy who said Murray was staying in Dallas. So your argument is moot, and uninformed.

Actually AP d talk t Jerry. Admitted by Jerry. Some time ago. So there is that.

BAZ

Drunken Mick
Reaction score
Crazy Chip Kelly is making the NFL fun again. Trade Shady, bring in auld Gore, have him walk away and then throw all the money at Murray. Ya never know what hijinks an shenanigans he's going to pull next.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Isn't it weird that the Eagles traded away Shady who's sooooooooooooo much better than Murray and then replaced him with Murray who's the suckiest OPoY winner in the history of the universe?

I wonder what the Eagles FO is thinking?!

It would think they would like McCoys HR potential over Murray's move the chains mentality. It seems to run counter to the idea of a hurry up offense. We'll see, but I hope he busts(as a human I'm glad he got paid for what he did for us, but as an Eagle he's dead to me).

dupree89

Reaction score
You do realize that Murray only fumbled 3 times out of 392 carries right?
Look around the league and see how he compares in fumbles per carry.

True. But WHEN something happens, plays a part in how fans feel. Carlos Beltran put up incredible numbers with the NY Mets. Ask most Mets fans about him and the first thing they will bring up is the called strike 3 in the playoffs vs the Cards. Same with Murray's fumble vs the Packers.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Wow, pardon me for giving an opinion (it wasn't an argument). Uninformed, perhaps. I just remember reading somewhere on this site about a week ago that he was looking to get $25M guaranteed. I'll try not to ruffle your feathers again in the future...

LOL, sorry its just been a rough day already, and then everyone talking about Peterson said this Peterson said that. Peterson hasnt actually said anything minus the fact he still has issues with Minnesota and he feels uneasy about going back. Everything else is just conjecture and the media trying to get hits. If i hear Peterson actually come out and say I want 25 million, I will agree with everyone here and say thats far too much, have a nice day.

Hook'em#11

Reaction score
If true, he got paid. Good for you Demarco. Thanks to the FO for not doing it. Go get a DE named Hardy and draft the next RB.

YOu need to lose signature pic.. DeMarco doesn't and didn't deserve to be in the same pic with a true GREAT DALLAS RB.

CalCBFan

Reaction score
Don't know if they know for sure, but it's out there. $42 mil over 5 years. I don't know if we can afford that or not, but I have to question that kind of money for one, yes really just one, good year. I hate to see him go, but if he's hurt for half of next year, I'm glad philly will be paying for that not us...

phildadon86

Reaction score
Actually AP d talk t Jerry. Admitted by Jerry. Some time ago. So there is that.

Oh yeah, that i know. Im talking about everyone saying Peterson came out and said he wants 25 million guaranteed. lol That was never once said by Peterson. Said by the same guy who said Murray was staying in Dallas. We all know how that played out. Just saying