Schefter Per Mort Report: Murray 5 for 42 mill 21 guaranteed

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
So let me get this straight.

Philly traded away McCoy, who was perfectly suited for Chip's offense, because he was too expensive. Then they gave a huge contract to Murray, who isn't suited for Chip's offense at all.

And now they're trading Evan Mathis, their best interior lineman.

What the.....?

Yah.

Chip is sending the message loud and clear "this is MY team and MY system is what brings success-- NOT superstar players".

jumanji

Reaction score
get hardy and peterson and all is good.

happy for murray but that's too much for an injury prone back. the oline was a big reason for his success

Cowboysfan1975

Reaction score
That's right, I can't prove it just like you can't prove that he wouldn't have kept up that same level of production with the Cowboys, yet you're here saying just that. I'm not talking about the Murray that went to the Eagles because I don't care about their team, I'm talking about what Murray does for the Cowboys and how he was a valuable part of this team.
Yeah he was valuable, but not so much that he can't be replaced. As far as proving what he could or couldn't keep up. He never did it before this season and NOBODY can take that amount of carries and not break down. So chances are very high he will never have that kind of season again.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
I don't think it makes a difference when your QBs are Bradford and Sanchez and you have very little in the receiving game and offensive line.

True but like every other team they will fill holes to. I think DM will help them. I don't discredit our line but I don't discredit Murray either.

DBOY3141

Reaction score
Yah.

Chip is sending the message loud and clear "this is MY team and MY system is what brings success-- NOT superstar players".

but he's paying superstar money. this isn't college, the CAP will eventually bite them. I see Murray in Philly for 2 years, then cut

Wayne02

Reaction score
Yeah he was valuable, but not so much that he can't be replaced. As far as proving what he could or couldn't keep up. He never did it before this season and NOBODY can take that amount of carries and not break down. So chances are very high he will never have that kind of season again.

That's just pure conjecture that NOBODY can take that amount of carries and not break down. You have no way of proving that. Murray is a top 5 back in the NFL, so good luck on replacing a guy who produced for every game last season, the way that he did.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
YOu need to lose signature pic.. DeMarco doesn't and didn't deserve to be in the same pic with a true GREAT DALLAS RB.

Why all the disrespect for Murray? He's the best RB the Cowboys have had since Emmitt and he broke 2 of his franchise records plus he did something Emmitt and no other RB in history ever did and that's rush for 100 yards in 8 straight games to start the season. Murray is no Emmitt but he was a solid back who had an excellent season in 2014 and was the main reason the Cowboys surprised everyone by going 12-4 and making the playoffs. I'm completely perplexed at all the disrespect being thrown Murray's way after the great year he had that helped lead the Cowboys to one of the best seasons they've had in years.

JoeBoBBY

Reaction score
The locker room probably knows something we dont. Or is that too far fetched?

I fixed the locker room problem with my profile pic. Were good to go.

Its done. And I am NOT going to wish DM luck. I hope he fails miserably. And I hope we stick it to him both games...

Of course we just lost a bunch of D players and we haven't signed Hardy, so, I am not exactly sure who is going to do that? 10 guys in the box?

HoustonSucks

Reaction score
You lost all hope for next season after two days of free agency in early March?

Hmmm..... let's see our OFFENSE was predicated on the RUNNING GAME. Our options now are an old and out of shape AP (IMO!) who won't take a discount anyway. Or a miracle rookie in the draft that may or may not be able to pick up the blitz and keep Romo from getting killed. So until the aspect of our offense that made it GO - IE the RUNNING GAME - is secure, it's not inane to think next year will be entirely different.

T-RO

Reaction score
The entertainment factor in Dallas vrs. Eagles games next season could be EPIC.

illhurtya

Reaction score
Don't know if they know for sure, but it's out there. $42 mil over 5 years. I don't know if we can afford that or not, but I have to question that kind of money for one, yes really just one, good year. I hate to see him go, but if he's hurt for half of next year, I'm glad philly will be paying for that not us...

Are you the Adam Schefter?

phildadon86

Reaction score
Hmmm..... let's see our OFFENSE was predicated on the RUNNING GAME. Our options now are an old and out of shape AP (IMO!) who won't take a discount anyway. Or a miracle rookie in the draft that may or may not be able to pick up the blitz and keep Romo from getting killed. So until the aspect of our offense that made it GO - IE the RUNNING GAME - is secure, it's not inane to think next year will be entirely different.

Old and out of shape AP? Hmmmm. Anyways, besides that point. Yet again id like to point out, Peterson has not said once he wont take a discount. He hasnt said anything. Its all been speculation.