Schefter Per Mort Report: Murray 5 for 42 mill 21 guaranteed

USMarineVet

Reaction score
Crazy Chip Kelly is making the NFL fun again. Trade Shady, bring in auld Gore, have him walk away and then throw all the money at Murray. Ya never know what hijinks an shenanigans he's going to pull next.

With Ryan Mathews wedged in between. His status: Limbo

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jerry said the off season priorities were Demarco, Dez an Free.

Free re-signed, Dez got franchised and DeMarco is gone.

Jerry ALSO said that overpaying for FA has not borne success
He and Stephen both have said in enough ways that even a simpleton could figure it out that they are not going to over pay for FAs this year.

NOT because they don't have the money, because they don't want to waste the money...before you say that for the 100th time.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
I get a kick out of fans speaking for athletes. How do you know what AP is thinking or what he will do. He has said money at this stage of his career isn't important like it used to be since he has more than enough. If he stays in Minnesota I doubt he will budge on his salary but coming to a team like the Cowboys might change his thought process and salary demands, no one knows but AP himself.

True, but isn't what you are saying speculation also? Murray said he wanted to win more than money, where's he at? AP is the better back according to just about everyone. What amount do you think he will want now that Murray got more money than ANYONE thought he would?

USMarineVet

Reaction score
I'm very interested in knowing how the Eagles cap situation is going to look over the next 5 years now.

davey999

Reaction score
Murray was also a killer blitz pickup guy something none of the guys we have now can do even remotely well.

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
True, but isn't what you are saying speculation also? Murray said he wanted to win more than money, where's he at? AP is the better back according to just about everyone. What amount do you think he will want now that Murray got more money than ANYONE thought he would?

7 to 8 Mil will probably do it.

Sydla

Reaction score
So let me get this straight.

Philly traded away McCoy, who was perfectly suited for Chip's offense, because he was too expensive. Then they gave a huge contract to Murray, who isn't suited for Chip's offense at all.

And now they're trading Evan Mathis, their best interior lineman.

What the.....?

Murray is better suited for Kelly's offense than McCoy.

Still a lot more money I would have wanted to spend if I were Philly.

mldardy

Reaction score
I'm very interested in knowing how the Eagles cap situation is going to look over the next 5 years now.

This is why I keep saying Kelly will not be there in a year or 2. He knows that all of this odd moves are a short term 'I hope something good comes of all this'. He will bolt once he gets a whiff that this is going to go south. The guy is not in this for the long haul in the NFL.

davey999

Reaction score
Jerry ALSO said that overpaying for FA has not borne success
He and Stephen both have said in enough ways that even a simpleton could figure it out that they are not going to over pay for FAs this year.

NOT because they don't have the money, because they don't want to waste the money...before you say that for the 100th time.

That's your opinion. 8 mill in space means you can't sign your own guys.

Funny, we only believe what Jerry and Stephen say when it supports an idea.

Plankton

Reaction score
I appreciate Murray's contributions to the team in his stay in Dallas. This past season, he was the most complete back in the NFL, and was simply outstanding. I do not believe that you could plug just anyone in and get 1800 yards in this offense, even with a very good, ascending offensive line, a HOF TE, one of the three best WRs in the league, a top tier QB and Cole Beasley.

That being said, the Cowboys showed the proper amount of restraint. The Eagles will eat some money on bad years in this deal. I think the Cowboys will find a back this season, be it a rookie or a veteran free agent, that will come in, and get them 1200-1300 yards of production, with others contributing as well. This is a contract that we will all be thankful that the Cowboys didn't sign in a few years.

Hell, I'm there today. And I wish Murray nothing but fail in Philly.

StylisticS

Reaction score
I usually like donnie and co but I wish Bob was there to set them straight because they are panicking over this on the ticket.

popp1234

Reaction score
Well, glad that's over. Seriously. I always ALWAYS felt that Murray was a good player that had a great year. But please, let's not pretend this guy is a one in a generation type player and is to be compensated as such. I will not comment on this further, let's move on.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That's your opinion. 8 mill in space means you can't sign your own guys.

Funny, we only believe what Jerry and Stephen say when it supports an idea.

Won't vs Can't are two different words.

You keep on saying it over and over and over and over and over will not change it.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Just crazy money. Very glad Dallas didn't give in and try to keep him for that kind of money.

The team will be immensely better off this way that if they had matched. RB's just aren't hard to find.