Schefter Per Mort Report: Murray 5 for 42 mill 21 guaranteed

HoustonSucks

Reaction score
I like just about everything you wrote. Depending on what they do to fill the void, I might like it more or I might like it less.
But even me or I (some one will correct me) wouldn't spend that kind of cash on Murray. That is a lot of cash for a RB.
We found him in the third round. If we can do that again or better, and add to the defense with a Player, a real DE not a scrub or middle of the road guy we did the right thing.

Yeah, well, like I said I think he would have stayed for less. Justnot the bargain basement crap we offered. Much of this is team chemistry as well. You have no idea that some guy that may be able to replicate Murray's production is going to 'fit in' with the chemistry of the team - which is how we went so far with a sub par defense imo.

mldardy

Reaction score
True but like every other team they will fill holes to. I think DM will help them. I don't discredit our line but I don't discredit Murray either.

So far they haven't been filling holes. They've been replacing holes(QB, RB) and little else.

phildadon86

Reaction score
He's not coming here. He's not taking less then Murray.

Time will tell im not agreeing or disagreeing. Right now my focus would be fixing the defense so we can actually stop murray first haha. As of right now, there is no one on the line, in the middle, to stop him. Good thing he cant run in the open field so church and JJ can tackle him or hed be getting a td on every run. ;) haha

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Yeah, well, like I said I think he would have stayed for less. Justnot the bargain basement crap we offered. Much of this is team chemistry as well. You have no idea that some guy that may be able to replicate Murray's production is going to 'fit in' with the chemistry of the team - which is how we went so far with a sub par defense imo.

True and I have said all the same things. Not much we can do now. Hopefully we draft well and get the same player or better.

DTown214

Reaction score
lol now the Eagles are trying to trade Evan Mathis, probably their 2nd best O-lineman. DeMarco is gonna be exposed behind that line next season.

HoustonSucks

Reaction score

And even if he does, why is Murray's age a disadvantage but somehow that doesn't hold fast to AP? And like I mention below, what about team chemistry? This plug and play mentality is so bizarre....well, I guess I'll go back into my hole now... sigh..

Cowboysfan1975

Reaction score
That's just pure conjecture that NOBODY can take that amount of carries and not break down. You have no way of proving that. Murray is a top 5 back in the NFL, so good luck on replacing a guy who produced for every game last season, the way that he did.

Ok well if you really think an injury prone guy in his late 20s can handle over 400 carries per season and just keep on trucking, there is no point in continuing arguing this.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
And even if he does, why is Murray's age a disadvantage but somehow that doesn't hold fast to AP? And like I mention below, what about team chemistry? This plug and play mentality is so bizarre....

I'm not a fan of AP either. 30yo, best season three years ago. Baggage. But what's done is done. Hopefully we don't revert to pass happy again because of this.

davey999

Reaction score
Jerry said the off season priorities were Demarco, Dez an Free.

Free re-signed, Dez got franchised and DeMarco is gone.

Wayne02

Reaction score
Ok well if you really think an injury prone guy in his late 20s can handle over 400 carries per season and just keep on trucking, there is no point in continuing arguing this.

He didn't carry the ball over 400 times, and nobody said that he would have to carry that load every single season. I don't believe in "injury prone" injuries happen to some guys who play football, because football is a violent sport. The end.

USMarineVet

Reaction score
The Triplets have been slashed to the mere Dynamic Duo. I see a mad rush for replacements in the siggy department.

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score

I get a kick out of fans speaking for athletes. How do you know what AP is thinking or what he will do. He has said money at this stage of his career isn't important like it used to be since he has more than enough. If he stays in Minnesota I doubt he will budge on his salary but coming to a team like the Cowboys might change his thought process and salary demands, no one knows but AP himself.

Proximo

Reaction score
Our O-line is the identity of our offense. It's what defines us. It's what sets us apart from other offenses. It's the reason DeMarco ran for 1,800+ yards.

DeMarco is replaceable.

And it was very unlikely that he would've duplicated his 2014 performance had he stayed in Dallas. DeMarco's identity is an injury prone RB who had a breakout season in his contract year, which is the only year he's ever stayed healthy.

Just my opinion.