Schefter Per Mort Report: Murray 5 for 42 mill 21 guaranteed

erod

Reaction score
Murray is better suited for Kelly's offense than McCoy.

Still a lot more money I would have wanted to spend if I were Philly.

No, he's not.

Murray needs seven yards to get up his head of steam. Chip works from the shotgun only, usually with the RB close to the line of scrimmage. He needs backs that can get outside, and that's not Murray.

Sproles is the better option there.

davey999

Reaction score
I usually like donnie and co but I wish Bob was there to set them straight because they are panicking over this on the ticket.

You means others feel the same way? You don't say.

This team was ascending last year - this is the type of off-season that stalls you.

MrPeanutbutter

What is this, a crossover episode?
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Philadelphia Eagles

tpir.jpg

Sydla

Reaction score
No, he's not.

Murray needs seven yards to get up his head of steam. Chip works from the shotgun only, usually with the RB close to the line of scrimmage. He needs backs that can get outside, and that's not Murray.

You have no idea what you are talking about. Kelly wants a north/south runner which Murray is. That's why he dumped McCoy. He hated McCoy bouncing stuff outside and taking negative plays.

Murray was 2nd in the entire league in yards out of the shotgun as well. I am not suggesting we need to cave and sign him but trying to rationalize his going to Philly as Murray being a bad fit there is simply wrong. He's a pretty good fit in Philly.

Nothing you said was accurate.

dragon_mikal

Fire Garrett
Reaction score
No, he's not.

What? No. Just...no.

LittleD

Reaction score
The only thing sad about today is it is likely that DeMarco Murray lost his opportunity to be included
in the Cowboys Ring of Honor. Glad you got your money DeMarco, wish you all the best.

Zimmy Lives

Reaction score
No, he's not.

This.

All the signing tells me is that Chippy is changing his philosophy. His new plan is patterned after the Cowboys' smash mouth philosophy. After all, who is Bradford going to throw to if the Eagles do not get/draft any WRs? Murray will se a lot of stacked boxes in 2015 if the Eagles do not bring in some WR help.

erod

Reaction score
You have no idea what you are talking about. Kelly wants a north/south runner which Murray is. That's why he dumped McCoy. He hated McCoy bouncing stuff outside and taking negative plays.

Murray was 2nd in the entire league in yards out of the shotgun as well. I am not suggesting we need to cave and sign him but trying to rationalize his going to Philly as Murray being a bad fit there is simply wrong. He's a pretty good fit in Philly.

Nothing you said was accurate.

Well, you are in a tiny minority there. Across the country, people are asking what the fit is here.

Murray is a power back for a power running team. Kelly is a spread offense, option read guy. That calls for smaller, quicker backs like Lamichael James, not bruisers like Murray. He has very little agility, and a slow burst.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well, you are in a tiny minority there. Across the country, people are asking what the fit is here.

Murray is a power back for a power running team. Kelly is a spread offense, option read guy. That calls for smaller, quicker backs like Lamichael James, not bruisers like Murray. He has very little agility, and a slow burst.

What kind of system did murray play in college?

I will hang up and listen.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
You means others feel the same way? You don't say.

This team was ascending last year - this is the type of off-season that stalls you.

Frankly, I don't see anyone else having anywhere close to the amount of panic you've been showing for a couple of days now.

We all knew this was coming with Murray. Many have been saying all along that there is no way Dallas backs up a Brinks truck for DeMarco and that is exactly what happened.

I loved Murray's attitude and toughness but on the field, he won't be difficult to replace, and before you ask, yes, I have been saying that for months now.

Dallas had a great season and Murray did too. People shouldn't freak out because they think he is the only one who could have done that. The offense was incredibly difficult to stop and the line was awesome. A good RB with the amount of chances Murray had damn well better have had a big-time season. Dallas knows that they can get that kind of production, or close to it, for way, way, way less than what Philly is paying Murray.

DCBoysfan

Hardwork and Dedication
Reaction score
Wow...he needs to give his agent raise, I know Dallas was going anywhere near that type of money. I'm not going to bad mouth him he was a good player for us and he had a great year, im glad he got paid. But Dallas amde the right move that is alot of money for him and Dallas wll just have to reload.

erod

Reaction score
What kind of system did murray play in college?

I will hang up and listen.

You mean, when he was significantly faster and lighter than he is now?

I'm an OU fan. I've seen every game he's played since he graduated high school. He's a very different guy now.

He used to outrun people. Now he outruns nobody.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score

He's not got the quicks but he's got the burst. And he can get skinny. If he sheds a few he may be a better option for the Eagles. I get your point.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You mean, when he was significantly faster and lighter than he is now?

I'm an OU fan. I've seen every game he's played since he graduated high school. He's a very different guy now.

Of course he is different...but Chip wants a power back and a change of pace back like Sproles.

Do you think he is going to run the exact same kind of offense he did in College when he has Sam Bradford as his QB?

Just something to think about before throwing out the he won't fit the system argument after a team just gave that kind of coin to a RB and just traded for a statue in the pocket type QB.

Sydla

Reaction score

Where are all these people questioning the move? Across the country.............. you said I am in a tiny minority, so give me the tons and tons of people across the country wondering how Murray fits?

Kelly made offers for 3 TBs in the offseason - Gore, Matthews, Murray. All north/south runners. His system is an inside zone system, it's not an offense that challenges the perimeter in the run game. That's false. He challenges the outside with jet sweeps, bubble screens, etc. One of the biggest misnomers about Kelly is that his offense is this outside the tackles dominant offense. That's wrong.

If the Eagles put a competent OL in front of him, I expect Murray will just fine there (assuming he stays healthy).

Sydla

Reaction score
This.

All the signing tells me is that Chippy is changing his philosophy. His new plan is patterned after the Cowboys' smash mouth philosophy. After all, who is Bradford going to throw to if the Eagles do not get/draft any WRs? Murray will se a lot of stacked boxes in 2015 if the Eagles do not bring in some WR help.

He's not changing his system. His system has always been what it is. That's why McCoy was sent packing. He was a guy who spent too much time trying to get outside when Kelly wanted him to run north/south. It's why they went after Gore, Matthews and Murray............. all inside type runners.