Schefter Per Mort Report: Murray 5 for 42 mill 21 guaranteed

mrmojo

Reaction score
Sounds like a career move....Philly won't run the ball as much thus extending his career a bit. Doesn't seem lik he fits a chip kelly system but I guess we will see.

Thanks for the memories...too bad he couldn't take us to the promise land....but I'm confident the cowboys are still headed in the right direction.

DBOY3141

Reaction score
Murray is our Aqib Talib. He left NE last year to join the FA champ Denver Broncos. Pats replace him with Revis, win SB. We replace Murray with AP/draft pick/RW..take your pick. Bam, SB champs.:)

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Frankly, I don't see anyone else having anywhere close to the amount of panic you've been showing for a couple of days now.

We all knew this was coming with Murray. Many have been saying all along that there is no way Dallas backs up a Brinks truck for DeMarco and that is exactly what happened.

I loved Murray's attitude and toughness but on the field, he won't be difficult to replace, and before you ask, yes, I have been saying that for months now.

Dallas had a great season and Murray did too. People shouldn't freak out because they think he is the only one who could have done that. The offense was incredibly difficult to stop and the line was awesome. A good RB with the amount of chances Murray had damn well better have had a big-time season. Dallas knows that they can get that kind of production, or close to it, for way, way, way less than what Philly is paying Murray.

Cowboys2233 is having a lovely meltdown too.
Quite enjoyable...

Corso

Reaction score
Deal with it. It's a fan's message board. Sorry I'm not acting prim and proper like a good little boy because DM left for the ******* Eagles like a coward. Yeah I know it's a business. But I sure the hell don't have to like it, nor need the likes of you chastising me for ranting.

Now kneel before Zod!

Awesome.

LongSnapper

Reaction score
This should improve the Cowboys turnover ratio as well, I like the move the offensive line deserves more credit than they are given, buts that's always the case. I never was impressed with Murry's breakaway speed or the manner in which he carried the ball. Good for both sides IMHO

mldardy

Reaction score
Murray is our Aqib Talib. He left NE last year to join the FA champ Denver Broncos. Pats replace him with Revis, win SB. We replace Murray with AP/draft pick/RW..take your pick. Bam, SB champs.:)

I used the comparison of the Colts after 2005 season in this thread I think. They lost Edgerrin James after a 1500 yard, 13 TD season to free agency. He was 27 when he left the Colts to go to the Arizona cardinals. He had 360 carries that year. Indy drafted Joseph Addai with the 30th pick in the first round of the 2006 draft. Addai ran for over 1000 yards on a 4.8 ypc and along with Dominic Rhodes who ran for over 600 yards provided a very good 1-2 punch for their running game and helped them win the Super Bowl. James had a couple of 1000 yard seasons with the Cards but averaged 3.6 ypc in his 4 years with the Cards. Look I hate the a to b type comparisons but James was a heck of a running back at that time and a much better all around player than Murray and the Colts moved on and didn't miss a beat.

BoysfanfromCanada

Reaction score
By the time the Eagles are paying Murray and he's approaching 30 to the same large contract (or eating his dead cap money if he doesn't pan out), Frederick and Martin will need to be resigned. We'll have the cap room to do it because of moves like this.

DBOY3141

Reaction score
I used the comparison of the Colts after 2005 season in this thread I think. They lost Edgerrin James after a 1500 yard, 13 TD season to free agency. He was 27 when he left the Colts to go to the Arizona cardinals. Indy drafter Joseph Addai with the 30th pick in the first round of the 2006 draft. Addai ran for over 1000 yards on a 4.8 ypc and along with Dominic Rhodes who ran for over 600 yards provided a very good 1-2 punch for their running game and helped them win the Super Bowl. Look I hate the a to b type comparisons but James was a heck of a running back at that time and a much better all around player than Murray and the Colts moved on and didn't miss a beat.

Had not seen that. Good comparison. I know it's a little crazy right now, but it's way early. Samething was going on last year when Hatcher and Ware left. Not saying we are going 12-4 next year, but I'm also not saying we will go 8-8. Lots of time between now and August to fill this roster.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
I used the comparison of the Colts after 2005 season in this thread I think. They lost Edgerrin James after a 1500 yard, 13 TD season to free agency. He was 27 when he left the Colts to go to the Arizona cardinals. He had 360 carries that year. Indy drafted Joseph Addai with the 30th pick in the first round of the 2006 draft. Addai ran for over 1000 yards on a 4.8 ypc and along with Dominic Rhodes who ran for over 600 yards provided a very good 1-2 punch for their running game and helped them win the Super Bowl. James had a couple of 1000 yard seasons with the Cards but averaged 3.6 ypc in his 4 years with the Cards. Look I hate the a to b type comparisons but James was a heck of a running back at that time and a much better all around player than Murray and the Colts moved on and didn't miss a beat.

Who was their QB?

mldardy

Reaction score
Had not seen that. Good comparison. I know it's a little crazy right now, but it's way early. Samething was going on last year when Hatcher and Ware left. Not saying we are going 12-4 next year, but I'm also not saying we will go 8-8. Lots of time between now and August to fill this roster.

I actually think we will be about the same as long as the coaching staff sticks with the same philosophy they did this year with their offense. Run first and control the clock and keep the defense off the field as much as possible.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

:hammer:

Nice job. Good memory.

Corso

Reaction score

Good post. Something to ponder...

mldardy

Reaction score
Who was their QB?

Who was who's QB? not sure what your point is here. I know who the Cards and colts QBs were at that time. if you are trying to make the point about Manning, he doesn't win a Super Bowl with Addai and Rhodes doing what they did because Manning was pretty average in that playoff run.