Schefter Per Mort Report: Murray 5 for 42 mill 21 guaranteed

Spectre

Reaction score
Wait.. this is strange. Didn't they just acquire Ryan Matthews?

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Forsett just resigned with the Ravens, so other than Spiller..............what other vet RBs are out there?

If we are going with a committee of Randal, Dunbar, Williams, and a rookie................I am not feeling too confident about that right now.

wileedog

Reaction score
But as it stand now. We have a rookie starting next year at RB. I dont think they "really" wanted that.....??

We know they "really" didn't want to pay him 8M/yr, 21 guaranteed for a guy who would probably never replicate the season he had last year even if we did bring him back.

JoeBoBBY

Reaction score
We know they "really" didn't want to pay him 8M/yr, 21 guaranteed for a guy who would probably never replicate the season he had last year even if we did bring him back.

well, "probably".....

Its gonna be fun too watch how this turns out....

black label

Reaction score
DeMarco-Murray-fumble-packers-peppers-01-11-15.jpg

burmafrd

Reaction score
Guaranteed money is what every contract is basically about any more. Boys did not want to go as high as the birds did and that is that.

Leadbelly

Reaction score
Bummed cause I liked the guy, but why do they so frequently seem to stay in the NFC East. Murray, Hatcher, Harris, Bowen, Bennett, McBriar, Ogletree, etc. The only recent guy I can ever remember Dallas signing from the East is TO.

If you're gonna leave, leave! :angry: :D

NumOneQB

Reaction score
The Jones' stuck to their guns. Good move for Dallas.
What I don't understand is why did Philly damn near break the bank for Murray when they could've just kept McCoy? McCoy is one of the best RB's in the NFL and has performed consistently at a high level for several years. Murray has had 1 good year but has had season hampering injuries every year.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Bummed cause I liked the guy, but why do they so frequently seem to stay in the NFC East. Murray, Hatcher, Harris, Bowen, Bennett, McBriar, Ogletree, etc. The only recent guy I can ever remember Dallas signing from the East is TO.

If you're gonna leave, leave! :angry: :D

You want to know the answer to your question? Players go to NFCE teams because those team want to steal all the talent they can from the Cowboys...pee pee envy. They think if those players are so good with Dallas, the have to be good for us! Idiots! lol

JoeBoBBY

Reaction score
What I don't understand is why did Philly damn near break the bank for Murray when they could've just kept McCoy? McCoy is one of the best RB's in the NFL and has performed consistently at a high level for several years. Murray has had 1 good year but has had season hampering injuries every year.

i think the main reason was to make Dallas ....weaker. For next year.

Chippy needs to win NOW, or he wont be around.. chippy is going all-in.

cowboys2233

Reaction score

This is the biggest misconception out there. The guy played in ten or more games every year. Did he play in every game? No. Guess what? Football is a violent sport, injuries happen. To question Murray's durability is just laughable. You're getting sucked by these idiots who come up with this line of reasoning just as much as Stephen Jones did. Just as much by the foolish line of reasoning that a 26 year old running back is just gonna wear down immediately. Arian Foster, Marshawn Lynch, Frank Gore, etc. etc. etc. would disagree with you. This is the worst move by this franchise since that idiotic Roy Williams signing. It's one thing to mistakenly pay for vastly overrated players (MBIII, Roy Williams, Joey Galloway, etc.) It's another to mistakenly think that Murray falls into that category...just because. The Jones' had front and center viewing of Murray all year and they fail to see the obvious, he is a GREAT player, he has always been a great player, he will continue to be a great player for a number of years. And they just let him go. Pathetic.

Fredd

Reaction score
so, just getting here...I didn't see that any deal is signed, is that correct?

NumOneQB

Reaction score
This is the biggest misconception out there. The guy played in ten or more games every year. Did he play in every game? No. Guess what? Football is a violent sport, injuries happen. To question Murray's durability is just laughable. You're getting sucked by these idiots who come up with this line of reasoning just as much as Stephen Jones did. Just as much by the foolish line of reasoning that a 26 year old running back is just gonna wear down immediately. Arian Foster, Marshawn Lynch, Frank Gore, etc. etc. etc. would disagree with you. This is the worst move by this franchise since that idiotic Roy Williams signing. It's one thing to mistakenly pay for vastly overrated players (MBIII, Roy Williams, Joey Galloway, etc.) It's another to mistakenly think that Murray falls into that category...just because. The Jones' had front and center viewing of Murray all year and they fail to see the obvious, he is a GREAT player, he has always been a great player, he will continue to be a great player for a number of years. And they just let him go. Pathetic.

I never stated Murray wasn't a good player. No question, he's good RB. It's just that McCoy is a better RB, IMO. Philly downgraded.
Dallas won't replace the 1800yds Murray put up last season. However, the chances of Murray putting in a contract year performance again is highly unlikely.

The question that needed to be asked is can Murray do EXACTLY what he last season, again, next year? Probably not.
Would he have had a good year again next year? Well, what would be defined as good? 1000yds rushing 350yds receiving, 5-8TDs? Could Murray do this again? Probably. Could another RB, rookie or veteran, do this if Murray probably could? Highly probable.