Schefter Per Mort Report: Murray 5 for 42 mill 21 guaranteed

Outlaw Heroes

Reaction score
Murray's first order of business should be to buy 5 pick-up trucks: one for each of the hogs up front who cleared the path to this big payday for him. Cowboy blue with silver rims and accents. I'd have said 6 instead of 5, particularly given that Parnell got frozen out the last time Murray bought gifts for the boys, but I'm not sure he'd appreciate that color combination any longer.

visionary

Reaction score
I'm fine with this if we truly build a good DL and upgrade our LB s and get a real FS

If not, it will be par for the course for us

Wayne02

Reaction score
I don't think it's guaranteed Dallas will miss him. It depends on how the Cowboys replace him.

I do think the Eagles are just swimming upstream by replacing McCoy with Murray and Foles with Bradford. They didn't markedly improve, if they even improved at all.

Now right now, we're going the opposite direction by losing some starters and depth, but that can change in a hurry.

I for one didn't want to lose Murray, people on here are thinking that you can just plug anybody back there and all will be well, that is just not true. McCoy is an entertaining back and can be a home run hitter, but he also gives up a ton of yards by dancing which is why the Eagles got rid of him and just paid Murray. Murray is not a home run hitting back but he is consistent and wears down the opposing defense. I think the Eagles upgraded at running back but their QB situation is still in shambles.

mldardy

Reaction score
Time will tell. Lynch gets paid a lot and is the Seahawks identity. Murray and the run became our identity this year. We will miss him when the next back misses the block that kills Romo.

Or the next running back can take it to the house, not fumble or stop and cut back into a defender to be tackled.

mahoneybill

Reaction score
Well onto the next stage of finishing the fight...

Hopefully we add some heavyweights to do it on the D side, and a back who can take advantage of what was built to allow Murray to succeed

DFWJC

Reaction score
When the number's that high it's almost a relief.
If it was close to real range then there might be more guilt for now paying it....but that is way too much.

If real...like was said earlier...you can't fault either side. Good money for Murray and smart not to match for Dallas.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind Matthews as a cheaper replacement. Fingers crossed he don't get hurt.

If the price is right, he might at least be a good stopgap veteran. He's only had one season where he averaged fewer than 4.3 yards per carry, and he's topped 1,000 yards in the two season he played in 14-plus games. Maybe he'd come cheaper to us too since the Eagles snubbed him.

I'd still draft a running back fairly early if Matthews is the choice. ... I still believe, though, one reason Dallas was willing to let Murray walk is because acquiring Peterson was the backup plan.

therock1982

Reaction score
Well i think our free agency starts now,waiting for murray has kept us treading water-not wanting to alter some contracts if we didnt need to.
But now we no the out come of the murray diilema we can start to address our needs and i wouldnt be suprised if we started to get some visits scheduled and see some signings coming-a;beit low key additions

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Or the next running back can take it to the house, not fumble or stop and cut back into a defender to be tackled.

as a note here, Murray was really good but he also rated about 24th in pass blocking amongst teams leading ball carrier.
so as relates to getting Romo murdered we might actually be better off.
not sure we won't lose something in gaining 5 yards through the hole though.