Schefter: Zack Martin Unhappy with Contract; Considering Not Reporting to Camp

SuperBowlz

Reaction score
Good point but unfortunately you're mistaken. Jones is not saving ONE PENNY. Theres X amount of dollars to spend on 53 players. More for one means less for another. Why is that so hard to understand ? $220 million or whatever the cap is, it all goes to players. If theres money leftover, it goes TO PLAYERS in another year. There is no saving money and pocketing the extra. Thats a fallacy so fans can complain about the Jones' for another reason.
Also a god point but that's not Zach Martins problem. All he, his agent and the entire NFL knows he was 1st team all pro, a soon to be first ballot hall of famer. If you don't want to pay me I'm sure someone else will.

Which brings me to another idea. Maybe trade him and get some picks back and save on a huge contract to a 33 year old because the truth is... right guard is probably the least important position on the offensive side of the ball besides RB.

TwistedL0g1k

Reaction score
I just lost a little respect for Jones. Nothing annoys me more than when owners, who have made BILLIONS (and will never need to work again), cry about saving a few million more.
ITS A BUSINESS!
It's not about the team saving a penny. It is simply a question of how the salary cap is allocated among the players. Pay Martin more, and another player gets less. Who do you want to pay less so Martin gets more?

phildadon86

Reaction score
If Tyler Smith plays Left Guard all season long in 2023? Yes, absolutely, but it's got to be verified by season long tape, not some bogus votes where people are used to giving away as the norm for certain players because of name.

$100 bet
Lol. So I can’t use one play to discredit a players entire season like you just did?

SuperBowlz

Reaction score
The owners make the salary cap so they can save money ........ they could vote and make it whatever they want.

They make it what it is and then say ...... "whelp we are all out of money because of the greedy players"

And naive fans say "Wow those players sure are greedy!"

<owners snickering>
EX-ACT-LY!!!!
So me people say the NFL is a business but only think the owners are allowed to be business men and the players can't be.

phildadon86

Reaction score
We're talking about 2022, remember? Years past production doesn't matter since it's in the past.
Ok. You used one play to discredit Martin’s entire season. Also leaving out that Martin had to play next to trash at RT until Tyron came back and even then. Tyron had switched sides. But hey. We can only blame other players when it’s not suiting your agenda I guess.

SuperBowlz

Reaction score
The owners make the salary cap so they can save money ........ they could vote and make it whatever they want.

They make it what it is and then say ...... "whelp we are all out of money because of the greedy players"

And naive fans say "Wow those players sure are greedy!"

<owners snickering>
EX-ACT-LY!!!!
So me people say the NFL is a business but only think the owners are allowed to be business men and the players can't be

phildadon86

Reaction score
Haven't anointed anyone. Simply saying there is a good chance he is a more impactful player in 2023. It's not a career based measurement.

Go back & look at which side most of their big runs came behind last year. Hint, it starts with L.
Hint. That starts after Steele went down. But whatever makes you believe you’re right.

SuperBowlz

Reaction score
It's not about the team saving a penny. It is simply a question of how the salary cap is allocated among the players. Pay Martin more, and another player gets less. Who do you want to pay less so Martin gets more?
That's not Zack Martins problem. He's the best G in the entire NFL. If Dallas can't afford to pay him he knows someone else will and that's where his advantage is as a business man

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
To be able to watch the 49'rs game and say ....... yea ....... Zack Martin was the problem ........ while defending the real people who were the problem in that game.

I just cannot justify that in any way.
We're blaming everyone who played poorly against the 49ers, but right here and now, we're talking about Zack Martin's performance.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
That's not Zack Martins problem. He's the best G in the entire NFL. If Dallas can't afford to pay him he knows someone else will and that's where his advantage is as a business man
We will soon find out how much Zack Martin wants to remain a Dallas Cowboy. He's currently getting paid handsomely.

TwistedL0g1k

Reaction score
Dallas is not in the business of paying what they can "afford". Dallas makes contract decisions based on their perception of the best interest of the team.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Also leaving out that Martin had to play next to trash at RT until Tyron came back
So you are saying the best run blocking T Martin has ever seen (Steele) was trash?

Geez man. Admit that times change. Who the best players are changes. Only fans stuck in the past are stuck in their "feels".

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Ok. You used one play to discredit Martin’s entire season. Also leaving out that Martin had to play next to trash at RT until Tyron came back and even then. Tyron had switched sides. But hey. We can only blame other players when it’s not suiting your agenda I guess.
You're the one with an agenda! You don't like for me to show verifiable video of Zack Martin whiffing or getting beat. Your achy breaky heart can't handle it.

phildadon86

Reaction score
So you are saying the best run blocking T Martin has ever seen (Steele) was trash?

Geez man. Admit that times change. Who the best players are changes. Only fans stuck in the past are stuck in their "feels".
Not what I said. I meant when Steele went down. I figured you would get that by me saying when tyron came back. I was wrong. Before that. Most runs were going to. You guessed it. The right side.

Last edited:

phildadon86

Reaction score
You're the one with an agenda! You don't like for me to show verifiable video of Zack Martin whiffing or getting beat. Your achy breaky heart can't handle it.
You showed one video. You want me to post the numerous videos of Tyler smith getting beat? Because there is plenty. Jesus I’m not even arguing with you and I’m the one getting emotional here? All I said was it’s ridiculous to compare a second year player to a HOF player. Relax