Schefter: Zack Martin Unhappy with Contract; Considering Not Reporting to Camp

Sydla

Reaction score
So you 100% agreed with me but had to throw your little jibe since it came from me? Got it.
I am pointing out the silliness of your logic. Martin apparently isn’t good enough to pay him top dollar anymore but apparently you’d only trade him for a ridiculous haul for an OG, that according to you, isn’t worthy of being paid like a top OG.

LOL.

Sydla

Reaction score
How does the All Pro in 2022 Zack Martin look on this play? How does rookie Tyler Smith look?

Guess which one of them looked like an All Pro while the other looked like a rookie?

:popcorn:

LOL, oh so because Smith played better than Martin on a handful of plays out of like 800 or so played, you’ve concluded what?

Martin didn’t deserve an All Pro award? What’s your point here?

phildadon86

Reaction score
LOL, oh so because Smith played better than Martin on a handful of plays out of like 800 or so played, you’ve concluded what?

What’s funny is. I can show video of Tyler getting beat multiple times this season. What’s the point? Players get beat. Larry Allen got beat for cripes sake lol.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
OR NOT

so where is this big list of offensive linemen or other key positions who threatened a hold out and got a bigger deal somewhere else?? show me in the NFL this big list that this works every time ,

i can tell you a lot of guys get cut or traded but at the next stop don't get a larger deal but somehow, they feel vindicated...
I mean zeke did it to us….and got more money. Duane brown OT sat out half the year and was traded and then awarded a new deal with the Seahawks. Deebo Samuel literally demanded a trade and threatened to hold out and received an extension. Dk metcalf wouldn’t work out or practice received a new extension. Aaron Donald held out of camp 2 years straight and received a record breaking deal in 2018. Leveon bell sat out an entire year and was awarded a $52million deal. Sean Gilbert say out an entire season back in the day and was awarded one of the biggest contracts ever for a DL at the time. Chris Johnson held out until September until the titans gave him 53.5 million.

So there’s a long and lengthy track record of success.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I am pointing out the silliness of your logic. Martin apparently isn’t good enough to pay him top dollar anymore but apparently you’d only trade him for a ridiculous haul for an OG, that according to you, isn’t worthy of being paid like a top OG.

LOL.
So you're saying Zack Martin right now is not worth a 1st, 2nd and 3rd round picks? If you truly believe that, why are you chiming in?

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I mean zeke did it to us….and got more money. Duane brown OT sat out half the year and was traded and then awarded a new deal with the Seahawks. Deebo Samuel literally demanded a trade and threatened to hold out and received an extension. Dk metcalf wouldn’t work out or practice received a new extension. Aaron Donald held out of camp 2 years straight and received a record breaking deal in 2018. Leveon bell sat out an entire year and was awarded a $52million deal. Sean Gilbert say out an entire season back in the day and was awarded one of the biggest contracts ever for a DL at the time. Chris Johnson held out until September until the titans gave him 53.5 million.

So there’s a long and lengthy track record of success.
Yes, but they all were in their prime (in their 20s), not 33 years old with lots of wear-n-tear.

Sydla

Reaction score
You're the one with an agenda! You don't like for me to show verifiable video of Zack Martin whiffing or getting beat. Your achy breaky heart can't handle it.
Who said Martin was perfect in every play? Reality is he was good to great on pretty much the vast majority of his plays last year, hence another 1st team all pro award.

The person with the agenda is the guy trying to use a handful of plays out of hundreds to justify some bizarre attempt to, I guess, discredit Martin’s 2022 season.

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
Welp...the pie gets smaller for CeeDee and Trevon. Does Prescott take less when he's extended to make sure the team is in a good space to sign the team's best player...Micah Parsons?

This also looks like the end of Tony Pollard in Dallas too. This is money the Jones boys didn't expect to spend.

What say you Stephen "Cap Boy" Jones?
I know it is popular to say, but QBs should never take less money. They should always take whatever market value is. When you are expected to be the face of the franchise, leader of the team, and shoulder the responsibility for wins and losses, then no, you don't take less.

Sydla

Reaction score
So you're saying Zack Martin right now is not worth a 1st, 2nd and 3rd round picks? If you truly believe that, why are you chiming in?
LOL. I gotta think you are trolling at this point. How aren’t you getting this?

America's Cowboy

Reaction score

Martin deserves any awards he gets, but he's already paid handsomely (5th highest for a Guard in 2022), yet he wants to get paid the highest...at his age?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...t-paid-offensive-guards-nfl-2022/10060837002/

Zack Martin wants to get paid $20 million/year like 26 year old Chris Lindstrom and 27 year old Quenton Nelson are getting paid?

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/rankings/average/guard/

Plus, he's threatening to pull a Zeke over the team?

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Who said Martin was perfect in every play? Reality is he was good to great on pretty much the vast majority of his plays last year, hence another 1st team all pro award.

The person with the agenda is the guy trying to use a handful of plays out of hundreds to justify some bizarre attempt to, I guess, discredit Martin’s 2022 season.
Zack Martin struggled at times against the better opposing D-lines in 2022, including playoffs.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
And yet was a first team all pro and considered by many the best OG in football last year. LOL
That's fine, but he isn't the dominating spring chicken he used to be. He is being well paid at $14 million/year. Terrible business decision to take his threat and pay him $20 million just to appease his feelings, knowing full well you only have so much money to spread around while still having to pay 6+ much younger key starters.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
Yes, but they all were in their prime (in their 20s), not 33 years old with lots of wear-n-tear.
Duane brown was 32 years old lol…playing a lesser level than Martin who btw is still one of the best in the league playing at an all pro level.