Schefter: Zack Martin Unhappy with Contract; Considering Not Reporting to Camp

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Oh, I know what he's doing, but he's messing with the wrong poster because I easily throw it right back.
He wants you to throw it right back. The point is not to win but to get you to react. It's about control and not about winning.

He is not stupid and he knows that his insistence on equivalence is irrelevant when it comes to preferred outcome.

You would rather get draft picks than pay him. He is not really talking about that though.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
Different positions get different pay, genius. Go do some research.
That’s not what you said though go do some research on your quote of my post…lol. I had all different positions included like wr, rb, DT, ot etc. you chose to say they were all in their prime and much younger.

I showed you what you said was inaccurate and it was and my research still says age is a number and not a position Forrest

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
He wants you to throw it right back. The point is not to win but to get you to react. It's about control and not about winning.

He is not stupid and he knows that his insistence on equivalence is irrelevant when it comes to preferred outcome.
I know what his game is.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
That’s not what you said though go do some research on your quote of my post…lol. I had all different positions included like wr, rb, DT, ot etc. you chose to say they were all in their prime and much younger.

I showed you what you said was inaccurate and it was and my research still says age is a number and not a position Forrest
I don't care about the different positional players you quoted. Bottom line is they all got paid top money because they were in their primes in their 20s. Get a clue, Buford.

Sydla

Reaction score
That's fine, but he isn't the dominating spring chicken he used to be. He is being well paid at $14 million/year. Terrible business decision to take his threat and pay him $20 million just to appease his feelings, knowing full well you only have so much money to spread around while still having to pay 6+ much younger key starters.
How do you even know what Martin wants? Are you against extending him at all or giving him a pay increase for a few more years beyond 2024?

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
I don't care about the different positional players you quoted. Bottom line is they all got paid top money because they were in their primes in their 20s. Get a clue, Buford.
First of all The point of my original post was a reply to someone else who said holdouts don’t work- it was never about age. It was that historically holdouts do work and that’s why I gave several examples which ranged all different positions and ages which showed exactly why they do. You brought up age and were wrong.

Duane brown holding out and getting paid top money at 32 substantiates that point. I know this comes as a shocker but martins camp knows a little more about negotiating than “americas cowboys “ on cowboys zone lol and that’s why they threatened the holdout because they do work.

Lastly, my reply was to another poster not you no one needs you to hold their jock strap lil buddy.

SuperBowlz

Reaction score
Dallas is not in the business of paying what they can "afford". Dallas makes contract decisions based on their perception of the best interest of the team.
Absolutely and Martin and his agent make contact decisions for the best interest of his team (Family, agent, etc.).

Sydla

Reaction score
That's fine, but he isn't the dominating spring chicken he used to be. He is being well paid at $14 million/year. Terrible business decision to take his threat and pay him $20 million just to appease his feelings, knowing full well you only have so much money to spread around while still having to pay 6+ much younger key starters.
And no OG is actually getting 20 million a year. Lindstrom signed a $100 million contract but only $48 million is guaranteed. He’ll likely get extended/restructured long before he sees the full 100 million. His base salaries are around 12-16 million.

Martin probably wants a few years extended beyond 2024 with guaranteed money as he has none left.

Are you saying you wouldn’t do that because you don’t think he’s worthy of a new commitment/guarantees for a few years beyond 2024?

What if Martin wants his 2024 salary guaranteed, then a 2-3 year extension beyond that averaging like 15 million a year with say another 10 million guaranteed (for around 20 million total guaranteed). You would pass?

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
How do you even know what Martin wants? Are you against extending him at all or giving him a pay increase for a few more years beyond 2024?
It's all over the internet. Martin, per some reports, believes he is "woefully underpaid relative to the market." Plus, interestingly, it was also revealed Wednesday that Martin had been awarded the esteemed 99 rating in this year's Madden video game, the highest rating a player can have. No guard has reached that plateau since another legendary Cowboy, Larry Allen, did so in 2003. Judging from his social media presence, the fact wasn't lost on him.

https://www.foxsports.com/stories/nfl/zack-martin-wants-a-new-contract-what-are-the-cowboys-options

Clearly, Zack Martin wants to be paid top dollar for his position once again like the Cowboys paid him a record top pay back in 2018.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
And no OG is actually getting 20 million a year. Lindstrom signed a $100 million contract but only $48 million is guaranteed. He’ll likely get extended/restructured long before he sees the full 100 million. His base salaries are around 12-16 million.

Martin probably wants a few years extended beyond 2024 with guaranteed money as he has none left.

Are you saying you wouldn’t do that because you don’t think he’s worthy of a new commitment/guarantees for a few years beyond 2024?

What if Martin wants his 2024 salary guaranteed, then a 2-3 year extension beyond that averaging like 15 million a year with say another 10 million guaranteed (for around 20 million total guaranteed). You would pass?
Not if it's top position pay. Too many other contracts for much younger players coming up who definitely are going to demand top position pay as well.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Very unlikely he woke up this week and realized he was underpaid. What’s more likely is they’ve been communicating back and forth about this all offseason and it hasn’t gotten anywhere, so now he is frustrated because camp is already near
I never will understand why a Philthy fan would spend so much time on a Cowboys forum? Desperate for attention?

Sydla

Reaction score
Not if it's top position pay. Too many other contracts for much younger players coming up who definitely are going to demand top position pay as well.
You are paying him top ten pay next year anyway, so why not guarantee it for him, tack on another couple years with more guaranteed money that gives you a fairly clean out after say 2025 if you want?

Are you taking the position that 2024 should be his last year even if he goes out and plays at all pro levels they next two seasons?

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
You are paying him top ten pay next year anyway, so why not guarantee it for him, tack on another couple years with more guaranteed money that gives you a fairly clean out after say 2025 if you want?

Are you taking the position that 2024 should be his last year even if he goes out and plays at all pro levels they next two seasons?
If Zack Martin is willing to settle for more years of guaranteed money that doesn't require top position pay, that would be just fine. But if he wants everything above PLUS TOP POSITION PAY, forget about it.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Not what I said. I meant when Steele went down. I figured you would get that by me saying when tyron came back. I was wrong. Before that. Most runs were going to. You guessed it. The right side.
So, who was the trash you were referring to? Terrence, Tyron and Peters played the vast majority of those reps right?