Schefter: Zack Martin Unhappy with Contract; Considering Not Reporting to Camp

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
I hope all the players on the team come out and want more money. they don't get to play for long, so get that money boys. get that money.......It doesn't bother me if we ever win again, get that money.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
can we use the other guy's excuses, "who are we going to replace him with"
smh,,

" I really don't care that much about, insert Zack Martin, but I'll show up at your house and fight you over him."

LOL rabid Cowboys fans, you can't make this crap up.

Last edited:

Sydla

Reaction score
Not always. The top G's, sorta like QB's, are in transitionary stage. The younger guys like Nelson have not played up to par due to injuries. Will he return to form? Who knows. If he does, he is dominant.

Other guys who are perennial performers like Martin, Teller, Boitano & Zeller are showing some age. Still solid but not dominant.

Younger guys & guys who should be household names but aren't because of where they play round out the list. I could argue that some of those guys were more effective in 2022 than the bigger names.

Bottom line, I could make the argument no G was dominant in 2022. Still someone had to go All Pro. Also, as has been noted before, Zack plays RG. The list is generally LG heavy.

PS - neither of the Philly G's even made the top 10. I find that hard to believe. I know it's Philthy .... but they played very well and deserve credit.
LOL. No sacks given up. One penalty. In over 1100 snaps.

But yeah, not dominant.

This board is awesome.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
yep dak over zack, One is a HOF'er and the other is dak. smh and shrugs, sad pitiful fans.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
No sacks given up. One penalty. In over 1100 snaps.
Anyone who really believes that is what is awesome. We gave up 27 sacks amongst 5 offensive linemen and not a single one involved Martin?

Fouls are even worse. Lebron never fouls either. LOL

Imagine being an adult that accepts stats like this at face value.

Sydla

Reaction score
Anyone who really believes that is what is awesome. We gave up 27 sacks amongst 5 offensive linemen and not a single one involved Martin?

Fouls are even worse. Lebron never fouls either. LOL

Imagine being an adult that accepts stats like this at face value.
LOL another bizarre version of the eye test. I don't care what the stats say, my eyes tell me differently!

Imagine being an adult and fan of this team and coming here to kneecap Martin and try to claim he's not that good, he's not dominant, the stats and analysis of him from dozens of places is wrong, etc.

I seriously have no clue what the @$#$# is going on around this place. This is pure bizarro world at this point.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
LOL another bizarre version of the eye test. I don't care what the stats say, my eyes tell me differently!

Imagine being an adult and fan of this team and coming here to kneecap Martin and try to claim he's not that good, he's not dominant, the stats and analysis of him from dozens of places is wrong, etc.

I seriously have no clue what the @$#$# is going on around this place. This is pure bizarro world at this point.
Bizarre? You've never seen him get beat cleanly? You've never seen him commit a penalty regardless of whether it was called? LOL, believing an arbitrarily assigned number over what you see.

I haven't seen anyone say he wasn't still good. I do say he isn't dominant.

Sydla

Reaction score
Bizarre? You've never seen him get beat cleanly? You've never seen him commit a penalty regardless of whether it was called? LOL, believing an arbitrarily assigned number over what you see.

I haven't seen anyone say he wasn't still good. I do say he isn't dominant.
Every great OL gets beat from time to time. Lane Johnson is arguably the best OT in football and he’s been beaten.

He’s a dominant OG. It’s really preposterous to sit here and try to claim he’s not, he’s just “good”. LOL.

And yea, that “arbitrary” stat on OL is still way better than some random fan’s eye test.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Baby Diggs says all the money gotta go to the skinny piggy not the fat piggy.

quickccc

Reaction score
He was literally a first team all pro last year.

Are first team all pros not dominant players?

Look, I get it if some of you are arguing on principle that guys that want new deals and/or hold out shouldn't be rewarded. But this narrative that Martin isn't a great OG anymore as a defense of not giving him a new deal is just hilarious. The dude was the best OG in football last year.

When you have been an long time standing all pro, annual pro bowler and a sure fire future HOF'er, t's understandably that you're gonna have such a rep that its gonna be extended givings and entitlements " gimmes' ... much like Larry Allen even at the tail end of his final years in NFL..

Not at all to say Martin is a washed up bum. .. Totally opposite, as he is still among the very best OGs in the NFL, and still playing on a high level, he's just not as dominant as he used to be.
I'm seeing a few hurries from him that simply did not happen in his prime. But even if it's still very good level, I would still take that. ..just as Martin is gonna take that long standing rep, team core value and HOF bling to the current negotiations with Cap Stephen Jones

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Every great OL gets beat from time to time. Lane Johnson is arguably the best OT in football and he’s been beaten.

He’s a dominant OG. It’s really preposterous to sit here and try to claim he’s not, he’s just “good”. LOL.

And yea, that “arbitrary” stat on OL is still way better than some random fan’s eye test.
If it makes you feel better to feel he's just dominating defensive linemen and never makes a mistake of any kind, that's fine. We just look at it differently.

But if you agree they all get beat, is it so hard to fathom that he probably has been the cause of some sacks? Maybe a few penalties? Especially now that he is in his 30's?

McKDaddy

Reaction score
When you have been an long time standing all pro, annual pro bowler and a sure fire future HOF'er, t's understandably that you're gonna have such a rep that its gonna be extended givings and entitlements " gimmes' ... much like Larry Allen even at the tail end of his final years in NFL..

Not at all to say Martin is a washed up bum. .. Totally opposite, as he is still among the very best OGs in the NFL, and still playing on a high level, he's just not as dominant as he used to be.
I'm seeing a few hurries from him that simply did not happen in his prime. But even if it's still very good level, I would still take that. ..just as Martin is gonna take that long standing rep, team core value and HOF bling to the current negotiations with Cap Stephen Jones
Exactly. What he did his first few years in the league was dominant. All you have to do is go watch that film versus his more recent film to understand the difference between dominant and good but declining.

Sydla

Reaction score

He's not as dominant as he was but he's a 1st team All Pro. He's still a dominant OG. No one suggested he is as good as he was 4 years ago but it's downright bizarre that people are trying to argue he's still no longer a great OG, just a good one.

And all because of what? A story that suggests he may want a new contract?

I swear, this board is wack at times.