Schefter: Zack Martin Unhappy with Contract; Considering Not Reporting to Camp

Big_D

Reaction score
You're right. Zeke was in his prime. Zack Martin is not. He should keep his mouth shut.

Zeke held out and then fell off a cliff. Let me know when he does what Zack has done for a decade. Again a very huge difference. These situations are not the same at all.

Sydla

Reaction score
What a bunch of hogwash. Dak shows up to every game. The problem last year was the Oline being injured all season long, plus hardly any weapons to throw to. I can show you clips of Zack Martin getting burned or getting penalized last season alone, but you will excuse Zack but not Dak, won't you?
OK, show us all the videos of him getting burned and getting penalized last season.

Won't be a long tape for penalties................ he had only one penalty last year.

J_Allen

Reaction score
While I agree that Larry Allen is one of our All Time best OL, that was a completely different era when it comes to contracts and contract / salary cap management. It is really not an apples to apples comparison.
Yes it is because Larry was making good money. The difference is we didn't have some idiot making 42 million a year. We can't afford to have players signed contracts and then decide they're unhappy with them and want new ones. Not anymore.

Fmart322

Reaction score
Jerry needs to figure it out, and fast.
We're going into training camp with high expectations. A distraction like this is something the Cowboys don't need at all.
Jerry needs to pony up some real money because players like Zak Martin only come along once a generation.

PAY THE MAN!!!

DFWJC

Reaction score
Wow. I had no idea he was that underpaid.
I guarantee he's not one of those guys that demand to always be the highest paid, but 7 mil a year below market as a lineman is insane when you are the best in the business.
Nobody deserves it more

Sydla

Reaction score
Watch the niner game.
He didn't get penalized in the 49er game, for starters. He didn't play great overall but in fairness, the OL overall didn't play well overall.

If the best one can come up with that Martin isn't all that good anymore is one game against the 49ers where he had no penalties (and only one all year), it's kind of a silly argument at this point.

J_Allen

Reaction score
Wow. I had no idea he was that underpaid.
I guarantee he's not one of those guys that demand to always be the highest paid, but 7 mil a year below market as a lineman is insane when you are the best in the business.
Nobody deserves it more
That's the contract he signed. So it's our fault that salaries keep increasing? What's the point of signing a contract if you're going to want to tear it up later. Just sign one year contracts every year.

I'm fine with him getting more money if it comes out of daks contract. Because he doesn't earn half of the 42 million he gets.

That won't happen though.

Sydla

Reaction score
FWIW, in terms of total cash paid this year, he's 6th. Remember, his base was restructured this year. So when you look now and see only a base of $1.7MM, remember a huge chunk of base was converted to a prorated bonus and already paid this year.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Quite.

When you pay elite for average elsewhere this is what happens.

19tv1i.jpg

khiladi

Reaction score
This is what I love to see. The best player on the team whose earned Dak about 3/4th of his inflated contract, unhappy with the contract. I hope he sits and Dak gets to play without him.

You can only be “homies” for so long, when you watching the homie getting paid much more for the work you are actually putting in.

This guy on the market would command ridiculous money and will have suitors lining up.

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
This is what I love to see. The best player on the team whose earned Dak about 3/4th of his inflated contract, unhappy with the contract. I hope he sits and Dak gets to play without him.

That would be bad for the team’s performance. Are you rooting against the Cowboys?

stilltheguru

Reaction score
He didn't get penalized in the 49er game, for starters. He didn't play great overall but in fairness, the OL overall didn't play well overall.

If the best one can come up with that Martin isn't all that good anymore is one game against the 49ers where he had no penalties (and only one all year), it's kind of a silly argument at this point.
No penalties is the barometer? Interesting

Bowdown27

Reaction score
They’ll resign him and give him a few more bucks. He’s a hall of famer. No say they let this go on all long.