Schoonmaker dealing with plantar fasciitis

Status
Not open for further replies.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
This type of foot problem for most normal people like us is not a big deal. But for a Pro football player, big freaking problem. The foot is as important as the knee, maybe even moreso. Hope he gets the proper treatment he needs; but something tells me it will be persistent problem all season which will limit his performance and may wind up on IR several weeks. Could get worse if he tears the plantar fascia... yeah, tell me i'm over reacting.., but you will see it is a big deal. 2nd round curse..... Jerry has screwed over so many people he has curses galore.

rambo2

Reaction score
This type of foot problem for most normal people like us is not a big deal. But for a Pro football player, big freaking problem. The foot is as important as the knee, maybe even moreso. Hope he gets the proper treatment he needs; but something tells me it will be persistent problem all season which will limit his performance and may wind up on IR several weeks. Could get worse if he tears the plantar fascia... yeah, tell me i'm over reacting.., but you will see it is a big deal. 2nd round curse..... Jerry has screwed over so many people he has curses galore.
Diggs and Williams are 2nd rounders.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
13 pages and he looked fine today.
Schooner missing any time as a rookie TE is a big deal. TE is one of the most difficult positions to come in as a rookie and contribute. Especially since we want this kid to play a big role in both the blocking and passing game. Hes already missed most ota’s and now all mini camps.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Schooner missing any time as a rookie TE is a big deal. TE is one of the most difficult positions to come in as a rookie and contribute. Especially since we want this kid to play a big role in both the blocking and passing game. Hes already missed most ota’s and now all mini camps.
You do realize these camps are mostly mental reps right? How did he miss that? You think tight ends were actually blocking in otas?

Hadenough

Reaction score
Foot problems like this take a long time to go away.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Next man up. Other than a few exceptions the highest paid player is reset every year and often times multiple times per year. It's not like any of these QBs are close to as good as Mahomes and yet he is 7th highest in average annual value
Yep, and there are a lot of teams who made bad mistakes and will never sniff a super bowl with those QBs on those contracts. Arizona is literally projected to be the worst team in the NFL with one of the highest paid QBs.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
You do realize these camps are mostly mental reps right? How did he miss that? You think tight ends were actually blocking in otas?
They are installing the offense. You miss all that and your way behind. You also miss out on developing a rapport with your QB and timing. His confidence in you. An no they are more than mental reps. 7-7, out running the plays.

Same thing happened to Tolbert last year.

TC is basically 2 weeks of honing what you already know.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
They are installing the offense. You miss all that and your way behind. You also miss out on developing a rapport with your QB and timing. His confidence in you. An no they are more than mental reps. 7-7, out running the plays.

You aren't wrong but what happened to Tolbert was mental overload. The Cowboys took him fresh out of South Alabama where he was basically asked to run down the field and get the ball to having to learn the X, Y, and Z receiver spots in the NFL all at once. Tolbert went out onto the field and was thinking too much and reacting too little.

This won't happen (or at least shouldn't) with Schoonmaker. He's learning one position and he really only missed a couple days. At least he was around the team and coaches and was able to take mental reps. And he still will have all of training camp to build some rapport with Dak.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
You aren't wrong but what happened to Tolbert was mental overload. The Cowboys took him fresh out of South Alabama where he was basically asked to run down the field and get the ball to having to learn the X, Y, and Z receiver spots in the NFL all at once. Tolbert went out onto the field and was thinking too much and reacting too little.

This won't happen (or at least shouldn't) with Schoonmaker. He's learning one position and he really only missed a couple days. At least he was around the team and coaches and was able to take mental reps. And he still will have all of training camp to build some rapport with Dak.
Agreed about tolbert but missing time didnt help. TE’s have more to learn than a wr even.

Schooner missed most of ota’s and all of mini camps.

downplay it all you want.

All of tc? You mean 2 weeks? We know dak
Plays little in preseason.

Rayman70

Reaction score
It's more than likely he has a fascia strain which will be fine in another week or two. The team said it's a minor injury.
I have had those dang fascia strains. They are unpredictable as heck. They can linger. I just had surgery to remove spurs from my heel involving the Achilles w/damage.. I am 2 months post op . I still can't walk right and the achilles/foot. still swells . Then again, I am 52 and not an elite athlete.

stilltheguru

Reaction score

Tolbert was lost because he came from a small school and was shell shocked. Don't compare him to Schoon

Status
Not open for further replies.