Schoonmaker dealing with plantar fasciitis

Status
Not open for further replies.

JayFord

Reaction score
I've had it. Yep it sucks, hurts mostly in the morning before warmed up.

I bet about 15% of us on this board have had it.

Matter of fact, give me a like if you've had it! (otherwise, am I the only one?)

probably not a big deal for a pro athlete if not completely torn
^ exactly....
when i had it the first ten steps in the morning were THE WORST, but after that its fine until you sit down and try to walk again and you gotta go through the pain again

Mannix

Reaction score
Booger and Chuckles not only opened their hillbilly traps and let Philly know that they wanted Goedert, but they did THE SAME EXACT THING five (5) years later and let Buffalo CLOWN THEM as well....you can't make this BS up folks!!!!!

reddyuta

Reaction score
2nd rd TE curse strikes again,i wont be surprised if they amputate his whole leg.

31RoyW31

Reaction score
By far my least favorite pick in the draft, even prior to this news. It not so much who they took, but I really think the 2nd round was the spot to grab a guard. Watching football games across the NFL and college it is amazing what a difference a quality Offensive Line makes to a team. With a solid line the QB has a chance to execute the game plan and not run around like his hair is on fire. The solid Offensive Line helps keep the offense on the field longer which greatly helps the team's Defense.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I've had it. Yep it sucks, hurts mostly in the morning before warmed up.

I bet about 15% of us on this board have had it.

Matter of fact, give me a like if you've had it! (otherwise, am I the only one?)

probably not a big deal for a pro athlete if not completely torn
What is this crap?

Don't make a mockery of the likes system. Start a poll.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Booger and Chuckles not only opened their hillbilly traps and let Philly know that they wanted Goedert, but they did THE SAME EXACT THING five (5) years later and let Buffalo CLOWN THEM as well....you can't make this BS up folks!!!!!
Makes me hate Fat Mazi.

Sydla

Reaction score
This wasn't a "need" pick. They literally had Ferguson and Hendershot. And Mckeon among others.
They had no legitimate starter. Ferguson and Hendershot are decent guys but not upper level starting caliber types. Cowboys thought they needed that type and took the best one left on their board. I firmly believe if Kincaid had fallen, we would have taken him in Rd 1.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They had no legitimate starter. Ferguson and Hendershot are decent guys but not upper level starting caliber types. Cowboys thought they needed that type and took the best one left on their board. I firmly believe if Kincaid had fallen, we would have taken him in Rd 1.
That dude's a waste of time. TE was clearly their biggest need according to them and they forced the pick of Schoonmaker because of it.

Sydla

Reaction score
Let's put some things in context here.

He doesn't have a torn ACL.

Players have played with plantar fasciitis for a whole season.

I remember when TIm Duncan....a professional NBA PLAYER played with it for 93 games.

Amari Cooper played with it in 2019.

I'm not sure how effective he will be I predicted Ferguson would be our #1 and do a damn good job at it.

I wasn't for the Schoon pick but I do trust this office when it comes to picking talent.

But a lot of people want to be validated because they never wanted him. So this is a quick way to say "I told you so...".

But in the scheme of things...plantar fasciitis will be painful for him but he can play on it.
In every round but the 2nd.

Their second round picks have largely been dog picks. If you look at the last decade before this draft - a couple of big hits like Lawrence and Diggs, maybe another with Sam Williams. The rest? JAGs to bomb outs like Esocbar or Hill or Joseph. At least the trend might be getting better if Williams hits. Then that would be 2 out of the last 3 were solid picks.

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
Not good at all. Hope he makes a speedy recovery, but from experience this is a nasty injury that could linger for awhile. Bummer

Sydla

Reaction score
I mean technically they "need" all these guys. But if they felt it was a true need they would've taken one in the 1st round. I think they truly liked him and wanted him.
DT was also a need. The highest rated guy on their board at that point was the DT.

Sydla

Reaction score
I think people are making way too big of a deal of this.

A lot of times there are treatments that can greatly help the issue. There are stretches, massages, splints, orthotic inserts, etc.

Like I said earlier. Even if the foot hurts. A lot of time with plantar fasciitis it’s just pain but you can still do everything at the same level as far as running and cutting and jumping. It just hurts when you do it.

Just give the dude some anti inflammatories and he will likely feel a lot better for games.

It’s probably not a big deal.
I think people are making the right deal out of this.

No one has suggested his career is over. But yeah, it's not good that a TE who had injury issues in college is already out of the first OTAs due to a leg injury.

That's it. That's the story.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Kincaid wasn’t the only first round graded consensus tight end. Mayer was too.

Status
Not open for further replies.