Schoonmaker dealing with plantar fasciitis

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
In every round but the 2nd.

Their second round picks have largely been dog picks. If you look at the last decade before this draft - a couple of big hits like Lawrence and Diggs, maybe another with Sam Williams. The rest? JAGs to bomb outs like Esocbar or Hill or Joseph. At least the trend might be getting better if Williams hits. Then that would be 2 out of the last 3 were solid picks.
There were a few others..Chido has proven to be a starter in this league. Conner Williams has proven to be a starter in this league. Gregory whether we like him or not is a starter in this league. Trysten and Joseph are the faces of the second round so that’s going to be the go to names as well as Jaylon.

rambo2

Reaction score
Booger and Chuckles not only opened their hillbilly traps and let Philly know that they wanted Goedert, but they did THE SAME EXACT THING five (5) years later and let Buffalo CLOWN THEM as well....you can't make this BS up folks!!!!!
That's bs. They got the player they wanted in Mazi Smith. Think about that as you watch them play.

rambo2

Reaction score
In every round but the 2nd.

Their second round picks have largely been dog picks. If you look at the last decade before this draft - a couple of big hits like Lawrence and Diggs, maybe another with Sam Williams. The rest? JAGs to bomb outs like Esocbar or Hill or Joseph. At least the trend might be getting better if Williams hits. Then that would be 2 out of the last 3 were solid picks.
One of their 2nd round picks is on the verge of being the highest paid corner in football.

rambo2

Reaction score
I think people are making the right deal out of this.

No one has suggested his career is over. But yeah, it's not good that a TE who had injury issues in college is already out of the first OTAs due to a leg injury.

That's it. That's the story.
I think that several of you are absolutely nuts.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Schoon is losing valuable reps due this injury, so if you're high on Fergy this season double down.

HungryLion

Reaction score
I think people are making the right deal out of this.

No one has suggested his career is over. But yeah, it's not good that a TE who had injury issues in college is already out of the first OTAs due to a leg injury.

That's it. That's the story.
There are literally people in the thread already saying it was a wasted pick or saying his season is over. Lol

I mean yeah. No injury is ever good Sydla. It’s just way way too early to determine if this injury is going to affect Schoonmakers ability to play this season. It’s plantar fasciitis. It’s not a torn ACL or blown Achilles.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Could go either way. Could be something that lingers all season

Could be something that feels better relatively soon.

Generally it’s more of a “pain management” thing than something that affects performance.
I have it in my right foot. It is a pain management issue, fairly easily dealt with… but he’s huge and in an occupation that is physically unforgiving. It’s not going to stop him. I’ll be 68 in a couple of months and just hiked nine miles in and out to Lexington Arch in Great Basin National Park. No pain in my foot. (Everything else hurts). I wouldn’t bet against him. I’ll bet he’s a very effective tight end.

Walker

Texas Ranger
Reaction score
Everyone here on the board wanted to stay still when we could have moved up and get a started in the 2nd round. Oh well time to grab the red shirt.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Did they know before the draft that he had or had previously dealt with PF?

I mean they generally know the leg is likely to be amputated and still draft them in the second so at least if this is a surprise it means they might be improving.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Redshirt incoming...
From a 2nd round draft pick of questionable use in the first place. We've got so many players to be the 5th skills player already that 2 TE packages didn't make a lot of sense to begin with.

And plantar fasciitis tends to be a chronic, recurring ailment. And already in a rookie.

Eh.

Here's hoping he recovers.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Everyone here on the board wanted to stay still when we could have moved up and get a started in the 2nd round. Oh well time to grab the red shirt.
I'd be shocked if more than 20% wanted a TE with that pick.

This is not one to lay on board members.

bayeslife

187beatdown
Reaction score
Lol he has a non long term injury in May and everyone thinks he’s a wasted pick already

offlimits

Reaction score

I had plantar fasciitis in my left foot. Painful in the morning and sometimes in the evening. You can have an injection... it is basically an inflamed ligament from overuse. I skipped the injection and let it heal on its own. Absolutely, no reason to have surgery. My doctor advised against it. He recommended inserts which helped immensely.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Don't draft a 25 yo blocking TE from a run 1st offense with the 2nd rounder. Not the hardest thing in the world to avoid...we found a way lol

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.