SD: Cowboys should be praying they don't face Giants a third time this season

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Best thing to ever happen is for us to lose to the Giants if we play them again. In 2007 we swept them but they beat us in the playoffs. The playoffs are the only thing that matters.

fifaguy

Reaction score
Very good chance of a 3rd game between these two. Even at our place it will probably be a toss up....

pansophy

Reaction score
I'm praying we do. Eli is awful. their running backs suck, and their OL sucks.

we won't face a more flawed team in the playoffs.
And yet they have the 2nd best record in the NFC. I'm not buying it.

cowboys2233

Reaction score
I honestly would rather play them than the packers. They are playing much better now than when we beat them

Mr. Rodgers can take over games. Eli can't do that. Of course, the Green Bay defense is no where close to the Giants. We would (and should) be favored in both, but neither is a walkover...unless we switch to Romo. Sorry, had to get that in. LOL.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
The Giants are not scared...but, hurt me once, my fault...but hurt me twice? Payback is a mouther(hush). But, the team better get ready, fun and games are coming to a close.

VACowboy

Reaction score
Yes, the Dallas Cowboys should absolutely begin and end each practice with a "PLEEEEEEEASE not the Giants! prayer." They have no chance against a team that's beaten them twice by a total of four points.

Eric_Boyer

Reaction score
And yet they have the 2nd best record in the NFC. I'm not buying it.

good for them. they have managed to win every close game but one.

I want them again. I see a very flawed team. Atlanta's offense right now is my bigger concern

plasticman

Reaction score
Reverse the location of both games and the Cowboys win the second one.

Their 6 game winning streak this season included a five game stretch against the Rams, Eagles, Bengals, Bears and Browns, currently a combined 17-52-1....impressive...

The Cowboys last six opponents have a combined record of 49-34-1....none of them currently have a losing record. Dallas was 5-1 in those games.

I want to see the Cowboys beat the Giants in the NFC championship game. Real champions fear no team and want to play against the best.

cowboys1981

Reaction score
I want that matchup. Beating them would be huge for our franchise. It pays back the 2007 and 2011 games that sent us home packing and it would launch our confidence to new heights with Dak finally getting over that obstacle.

pansophy

Reaction score

I want them again. I see a very flawed team. Atlanta's offense right now is my bigger concern
I agree that Atlanta is the biggest threat. But the Giants have been a bad match up for us for a long time, so to see so many suggest otherwise seems foolish to me. Just like Green Bay never could beat us in the 90's, some teams just aren't a good matchup and the Giants have been that team for us.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
The percentage of teams that win a third matchup after winning the first two games is low. A team hasn't beat someone three times in one season since 2009 when we did it to Philly.

I'd like our chances, especially at home.

bodi

Reaction score
you never beat a team three times the same year

ringmaster

Reaction score

I want a rematch with those Giants too as their team doesn't scare me due to how both meetings went with the Cowboys losing by a grand total of 4pts in both games so a 3rd time will not be a charm for them. As for the Falcons while their offense is prolific with Ryan, Jones, and Freeman no doubt that offense would give us major fits but the Falcons D wouldn't be able to stop the Cowboys offense either so it would come down to which defense could make a play to seal the deal having said that if it's the Falcons instead of the Giants bring them on too.