SD: Cowboys should be praying they don't face Giants a third time this season

haleyrules

Reaction score
I really don't want to see those Giants againmthis year. They are hitting their stride heading into the playoffs and will be dangerous...especially to the Cowboys.

DallasDomination

Reaction score
I personally don't want to play a team that doesn't fear us one bit. That defense punked us all over the field last time around. Yeah give me someone else.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Mosley enjoyed mike furrey throwing the ball at the star at texas stadium in that final game of the 06 season tells me all i need to know about mosley who I really can't stand anyway.
Thank you. And why isn't destroying the star not considered using a prop?

ActualCowboysFan

Reaction score
Not scared of the Giants but they have a good feel of what our team is about and seem to match well. If we solve their blitzes we got them beat
Being a divisional rival alone puts them pretty low on my list team's I'd want to see again. You've gotta beat whoever but there's no doubt the draw is important. 2014 team was tied for the best record but missing out on the tiebreakers hurt Dallas.

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
Barring unlikely scenarios, any rematch will be at AT&T stadium. I worry for the Giants, as they will get their kiesters handed to them... and neatly avoided in weeks one and thirteen.

SportsGuru80

CowboysYanksLakers
Reaction score
Naaaa I actually want them again because I know we are the better team and nothing would be sweeter than to end their season!

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
I would say bring it on, we have to earn the SB by beating the teams which are pitched in front. You cant shy away from teams and hope you will be lucked out playing this and that. Staight up ball and win it all !

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Cowboys should be praying they don't face Giants a third time this season

1482286237-NS_15stockLD11.jpg

Staff Photographer

Dallas Cowboys defensive tackle Cedric Thornton (92) pressures New York Giants quarterback Eli Manning (10) during the Dallas Cowboys vs. the New York Giants NFL football game at MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford, New Jersey on Sunday, December 11, 2016. (Louis DeLuca/The Dallas Morning News)

By Matt Mosley, Special Contributor Contact Matt Mosleyon Twitter:mad:mattmosley

Special contributor Matt Mosley recently held a chat. Here are some highlights.

Aren't the Giants a better football team than the Cowboys?

Mosley: "I think the Cowboys are a better offensive team than the Giants. I really do. Eli still makes a ton of mistakes, there's no consistent running game. Spagnuolo has done a great job with the defense. But Rod's defense is playing well, too. I still think the Cowboys are the better overall team. But they should be praying they don't have to face the Giants a third time."

Playmaker says Jerry's keeping Romo in the news to make sure he remains a valuable asset. Does that sound right to you?

Mosley: "Jerry is posturing. He also feels extremely close to Tony and wants to keep him in the conversation. As predicted by Jerry, Dak tuned out the noise and played a great game vs Tampa. Now, I hear folks saying he checks down too much. I'm just amazed sometimes what folks will say to try and justify their beliefs in Romo. And some of these same folks have complained about Tony for years. Folks can't stand prosperity."

Where does Zeke's peek-a-boo celebration rank in your TD celebration power rankings?

Mosley: "Ahhh I love it. I still get a kick out of Mike Furrey from the Lions throwing the ball at the ornamental star at Texas Stadium and having that thing fall down. It was just a great visual. The Owens celebration on the star will always rank up there because of Teague's response. Who can forget Marc Colombo being penalized for a TD celebration? Wait, you don't remember that one?"

Click here to enjoy the full chat.

Now, I hear folks saying he checks down too much. I'm just amazed sometimes what folks will say to try and justify their beliefs in Romo. And some of these same folks have complained about Tony for years. Folks can't stand prosperity.
There are alot of these in this forum. lol

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Giants aren't going to be the only team in the playoffs quite capable of beating us. And anybody who watched those two Giants games ought to realize we can readily beat them, as well. I'd actually prefer making the Giants beat us a third time to facing an unknown quality like the Falcons. More important than who we play, though, is seeing this team continue to play good defense while fixing the penalties that are hurting our offensive production. We've got two games to do that before it's win-or-go-home. If we get our offense back playing like it was mid-season with the way the defense is playing now--or even kick it up a notch with Mo, Gregory, and an emerging Irving--I like our chances against anybody, all the way through the Superbowl. That's a tall order, though.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
I don't want to play them a third time. They match up with us well. And we've struggled offensively to get things going Shabbat them. They have the corners to match up with us outside and we have struggled identifying and handling their defensive schemes.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
I really don't want to see those Giants againmthis year. They are hitting their stride heading into the playoffs and will be dangerous...especially to the Cowboys.

To be champion, you have to beat the best to be the best. Don't care who we face. All I care is we are the last one's standing with the trophy. Our d will be fully healthy (said over and over in threads) come playoffs. I'll take our offense and fully healthy d over any team in the league.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
I don't want to play them a third time. They match up with us well. And we've struggled offensively to get things going Shabbat them. They have the corners to match up with us outside and we have struggled identifying and handling their defensive schemes.

Dak struggled in the cold. He wasn't wearing any sleeves and no gloves. That had more to do with his struggles than their d. He was just missing throws. Even Eli said the ball was wet. Secure home field advantage, and we stay at home come playoffs (until SB).

birdwells1

Reaction score
Mosley enjoyed mike furrey throwing the ball at the star at texas stadium in that final game of the 06 season tells me all i need to know about mosley who I really can't stand anyway.

His favorite play off all times is probably "the catch".

haleyrules

Reaction score
To be champion, you have to beat the best to be the best. Don't care who we face. All I care is we are the last one's standing with the trophy. Our d will be fully healthy (said over and over in threads) come playoffs. I'll take our offense and fully healthy d over any team in the league.
Agreed about beating the best and that the Cowboys can and just might do that! Its just the Giants. I don't see them as the best, far from it, but they are very dangerous for the Cowboys. Division rivals with a good track record against the Cowboys and worse they seem to be hitting their peak at just the right (wrong) time.

haleyrules

Reaction score
Agreed. The Giants are a very dangerous team for the Cowboys!