SD: Cowboys should be praying they don't face Giants a third time this season

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Agreed. The Giants are a very dangerous team for the Cowboys!

Can't argue with that one bit. The Giants might be the one to play the Packers in the playoffs -- and either one could spell trouble for us if we have to play the winner of that one. Anyhow, I'm hoping having either one of those two at home might help us at this juncture. The playoffs will be a tough test for us but this team is capable of surprises. They've definitely proven that a lot this year. The arrow's pointing up in that respect.

Cboy77

Reaction score
I think this team would love another crack at them in our house. Not just for the two losses this season but going back to 2007 when they cost us a chance at the Super Bowl.

dfense

Reaction score
Mosley has that "play not to lose" mentality writers always complain about. Teams rarely win three straight matchups in a year. Especially against a team that hasn't lost to anyone else all year. It's the Giants who should be afraid of that matchup.

starcity214

Reaction score
As always, i see nothing but emotion driven responses. The only team that Dallas matches up well against is Seattle. The Giants out of all the teams in the NFC are the ones that should be feared. They have a great front four and a great secondary. On the other side of the ball you got Beckham vs Carr... Our style of play doesn't bode well because we will dink and dunk to a field goal and all it takes for them is one pass to beckham and they have the lead. TOP means nothing against an offense that can score on one play. Also, if anyone can play the kind of D that will stop Dallas its the giants. They can stack the box and play tight man coverage all day. They don't fear Dak down the field and they shouldn't because Dez won't be wide open all day. It will have to be a contested throw and we know dak will not take that chance. On the other side? Williams will only catch it if it's on his numbers and even then it's a 50 50 that he drops it. Trust me , being an intetmediate check down only offence will come back to bite us. Sure, teams have won the SB like that before but they had elite defenses. In other words, their D won the games for them while the O just stayed out the way and didn't mess up. Well, do you trust our D to CARRY us to the Super Bowl? We will see...

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Great? Dak was exceptional against Tampa. Surgical precision. Wasn't it 90% completion despite two drops?

The Giants corners and safeties are a lot better than TB's. McCoy is awesome but he is not a run plugger and the Giants have two elite run stopping DT.

The Giants are built to matchup with us and Washington. We can run for 2 to 10 yards each play and that is about it.

I won't cower if matched up but I would rather face the Patriots, Falcons, Green Bay, or Seattle than the Giants.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
As always, i see nothing but emotion driven responses. The only team that Dallas matches up well against is Seattle. The Giants out of all the teams in the NFC are the ones that should be feared. They have a great front four and a great secondary. On the other side of the ball you got Beckham vs Carr... Our style of play doesn't bode well because we will dink and dunk to a field goal and all it takes for them is one pass to beckham and they have the lead. TOP means nothing against an offense that can score on one play. Also, if anyone can play the kind of D that will stop Dallas its the giants. They can stack the box and play tight man coverage all day. They don't fear Dak down the field and they shouldn't because Dez won't be wide open all day. It will have to be a contested throw and we know dak will not take that chance. On the other side? Williams will only catch it if it's on his numbers and even then it's a 50 50 that he drops it. Trust me , being an intetmediate check down only offence will come back to bite us. Sure, teams have won the SB like that before but they had elite defenses. In other words, their D won the games for them while the O just stayed out the way and didn't mess up. Well, do you trust our D to CARRY us to the Super Bowl? We will see...

So the Giants have the Bears '84 d....... You can fear them. Dallas I'm sure doesn't, they know the team they have and soon when Claiborne/Wilcox come back (maybe Collins and Tapper too for playoffs, who knows) and hopefully Gregory very least draws OL attention with his speed.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
So the Giants have the Bears '84 d....... You can fear them. Dallas I'm sure doesn't, they know the team they have and soon when Claiborne/Wilcox come back (maybe Collins and Tapper too for playoffs, who knows) and hopefully Gregory very least draws OL attention with his speed.

If Claiborne is able to return minus his groin issues, we should be able to cope with the Giants' receivers considerably better than we have up to this point. Truth be told, they're a problem for any team to contain but Claiborne was surely a difference maker before his injury. I'm really hoping he makes it back in time for the playoffs in something very close or perhaps even equal to his former condition. If so, I think our chances of reversing the Giants' hold on us this year would conceivably be much more likely.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
For some reason the illegal use of the walkie talkies isn't getting much publicity.

I can only imagine the media storm if it were Dallas or New England who used those.
If the Cowboys had used the Walkie-Talkies, they would have received an SMU style death-penalty.

Thefeelofcotton

Mandalorian
Reaction score
False. Any true competitor wants to face the team that has beaten them twice. I want to face the Giants again at AT&T stadium, because this time will be different. This time, the Cowboys know what's at stake. This time we show them how dominant this offense can be.

I want to face the Giants more than any other team in the playoffs. BRING IT!!

Alohawg1

Reaction score
I think this is bass ackwards. It's the Giants who should pray they don't see Dallas again......they've used all their mojo to win two squeakers.

bodi

Reaction score
I take it you missed the 2009 season? We did it to Philly.

Year before that, Pittsburgh did it to Baltimore.

oh boy 2 times huh - it does not happen very often

but please look up all games

cityochamps

What Just Happened Here
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
we need to play them a third time and play like we know we can and stop this nonsense talk that they are better than us.

So bring it

cityochamps

What Just Happened Here
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
For some reason the illegal use of the walkie talkies isn't getting much publicity.

I can only imagine the media storm if it were Dallas or New England who used those.
Too bad they don't have to forfeit the game. Amazes me you can get caught cheating and still call the game valid by the NFL

roughneck266

Reaction score
oh boy 2 times huh - it does not happen very often

but please look up all games
If I remember correctly this was brought up on NFL network last week. 2 times out of the last ten to be exact.

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
Cowboys should be praying they don't face Giants a third time this season

1482286237-NS_15stockLD11.jpg

Staff Photographer

Dallas Cowboys defensive tackle Cedric Thornton (92) pressures New York Giants quarterback Eli Manning (10) during the Dallas Cowboys vs. the New York Giants NFL football game at MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford, New Jersey on Sunday, December 11, 2016. (Louis DeLuca/The Dallas Morning News)

By Matt Mosley, Special Contributor Contact Matt Mosleyon Twitter:mad:mattmosley

Special contributor Matt Mosley recently held a chat. Here are some highlights.

Aren't the Giants a better football team than the Cowboys?

Mosley: "I think the Cowboys are a better offensive team than the Giants. I really do. Eli still makes a ton of mistakes, there's no consistent running game. Spagnuolo has done a great job with the defense. But Rod's defense is playing well, too. I still think the Cowboys are the better overall team. But they should be praying they don't have to face the Giants a third time."

Playmaker says Jerry's keeping Romo in the news to make sure he remains a valuable asset. Does that sound right to you?

Mosley: "Jerry is posturing. He also feels extremely close to Tony and wants to keep him in the conversation. As predicted by Jerry, Dak tuned out the noise and played a great game vs Tampa. Now, I hear folks saying he checks down too much. I'm just amazed sometimes what folks will say to try and justify their beliefs in Romo. And some of these same folks have complained about Tony for years. Folks can't stand prosperity."

Where does Zeke's peek-a-boo celebration rank in your TD celebration power rankings?

Mosley: "Ahhh I love it. I still get a kick out of Mike Furrey from the Lions throwing the ball at the ornamental star at Texas Stadium and having that thing fall down. It was just a great visual. The Owens celebration on the star will always rank up there because of Teague's response. Who can forget Marc Colombo being penalized for a TD celebration? Wait, you don't remember that one?"

Click here to enjoy the full chat.

BoysWin

Reaction score
Cowboys should be praying they don't face Giants a third time this season

1482286237-NS_15stockLD11.jpg

Staff Photographer

Dallas Cowboys defensive tackle Cedric Thornton (92) pressures New York Giants quarterback Eli Manning (10) during the Dallas Cowboys vs. the New York Giants NFL football game at MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford, New Jersey on Sunday, December 11, 2016. (Louis DeLuca/The Dallas Morning News)

By Matt Mosley, Special Contributor Contact Matt Mosleyon Twitter:mad:mattmosley

Special contributor Matt Mosley recently held a chat. Here are some highlights.

Aren't the Giants a better football team than the Cowboys?

Mosley: "I think the Cowboys are a better offensive team than the Giants. I really do. Eli still makes a ton of mistakes, there's no consistent running game. Spagnuolo has done a great job with the defense. But Rod's defense is playing well, too. I still think the Cowboys are the better overall team. But they should be praying they don't have to face the Giants a third time."

Playmaker says Jerry's keeping Romo in the news to make sure he remains a valuable asset. Does that sound right to you?

Mosley: "Jerry is posturing. He also feels extremely close to Tony and wants to keep him in the conversation. As predicted by Jerry, Dak tuned out the noise and played a great game vs Tampa. Now, I hear folks saying he checks down too much. I'm just amazed sometimes what folks will say to try and justify their beliefs in Romo. And some of these same folks have complained about Tony for years. Folks can't stand prosperity."

Where does Zeke's peek-a-boo celebration rank in your TD celebration power rankings?

Mosley: "Ahhh I love it. I still get a kick out of Mike Furrey from the Lions throwing the ball at the ornamental star at Texas Stadium and having that thing fall down. It was just a great visual. The Owens celebration on the star will always rank up there because of Teague's response. Who can forget Marc Colombo being penalized for a TD celebration? Wait, you don't remember that one?"

Click here to enjoy the full chat.

No big deal. Check out the DAL v SF history from 1992-1995. Loser of two always won 3rd game. Check history of DAL vs LA. Winner of Game 1 always the Loser in Game 2.

If DAL plays NYG in playoffs, DAL wins 38-10.