Seems the Eagles are having locker room issues, Hurts and Sirianni

calicowboy54

Reaction score
I know this is probably the wrong section but it does relate to us as our division rivals, I guess. Or move it if you have to

man you better watch calling him out around people, he will snap. he's the biggest Diva i've ever meet. I personally had an interaction with Mr Hurts while he was at OU. and he's a Jackball for sure, im glad the Cowboys did not draft him and i hope he fails with the Eagles. what he did to that waitress at Louis bar and grill ill never forget.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I know that question was for @MountaineerCowboy , but I was really surprised that Parsons and Zimmer had barely communicated in 4 months

Zimmer, being the DC and more elderly really should have initiated more communication.....from Parsons side, perhaps he's not thrilled with having a lame duck DC that may just have a new scheme for just 1 season.

I just can't see how this can be spun as a positive
I think they have communicated. And Micah was just messing with the reporters. As maybe he just did not want to talk about the defense yet.
So he said what he said.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I just like to point out hypocrisy.

Micah and Zimmer don’t speak - non issue

Hurts doesn’t sound enthusiastic while calling Sirriani “great” - locker room falling apart.
Probably not an issue once TC starts. But I can see where some think it can be for now.

Hurts doesn’t sound enthusiastic while calling Sirriani “great” - locker room falling apart.
I can understand this as well, but the locker room already fell apart. However this is a new year, and I am sure when TC starts. They will all be on the same page.

I don't see either one as an ongoing or lingering issue for both teams.
I don't know if Philly's meltdown carries over or not. Most likely it will not. If they take a step back, it will be for other reasons.
Micah needs to focus on football once TC starts. I am sure he has a tablet with the playbook on it, or at least the basic concepts until TC starts.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Whether Micah has or has not talked with Zimmer yet is only an issue if he is lost on the field under zimmers D. It could happen but it has not happened yet.

Last year the Eagles had a total melt down in the second half of the season to the point that there was talk of firing the HC. He survived but they changed a bunch of the coaches.

Hurts being asked to say nice things about the HC and pretty much hem hawing around by not saying something nice after the collapse that did happen last season is indeed an issue.

Will they turn things around, very well may do so, but to act like that is not an issue at this point after what happened last season is kind of silly.

Proof

Reaction score
in Nicks defense, Hurts is a limited 1 read QB with accuracy issues on the short and mid range throws. He gets in trouble when his first read isn't there. I think they will lean on Barkley alot due to this. A good run game can mask these things.
keep forgetting they got barkley. they have a very talented offense despite all the noise.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Eagles are handling Hurts same way they did Wentz.
Mgmt builds a 1 of 1 elite roster good for 1-2 seasons then overpays the QB after they succeed short-term in the best of all worlds and immediately shifts blame to the QB when the roster falls off and they lose games.
Would shock me zero to see Philly try to move Hurts for a ton of draft assets and to get the cap corrected in a single move.

Hurts seems a truly good dude and a heck of player, but it was never fair to call him a top 3-4 QB. Insanity, even.
Now that expectation is set. Its nuts.
He has a middle of the league passing skill set at best.
He boosts that mightily with toughness and running acumen but it's not an elite skillset by any means.
He has only 1 season in four of 2 to 1 TD to INT ratio.

shabazz

Reaction score
Whether Micah has or has not talked with Zimmer yet is only an issue if he is lost on the field under zimmers D. It could happen but it has not happened yet.
I agree that it's not an "issue"...... it's just surprising and frankly a bit disappointing that it took 4 months for a new DC and his best player to have real dialogue.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I agree that it's not an "issue"...... it's just surprising and frankly a bit disappointing that it took 4 months for a new DC and his best player to have real dialogue.
Figure in that the league year did not start until mid March or so. So really only been around 3 months at this point. We have no idea what or how much they communicated since Micah said that.
I still say it was more than 20 words.

Jayinem

Reaction score
Probably not an issue once TC starts. But I can see where some think it can be for now.

I can understand this as well, but the locker room already fell apart. However this is a new year, and I am sure when TC starts. They will all be on the same page.

I don't see either one as an ongoing or lingering issue for both teams.
I don't know if Philly's meltdown carries over or not. Most likely it will not. If they take a step back, it will be for other reasons.
Micah needs to focus on football once TC starts. I am sure he has a tablet with the playbook on it, or at least the basic concepts until TC starts.
I wish I included it in the first post but I posted it later, AJ Brown cussed out Hurts and Dallas Goedert flipped Hurts off so there seems to be some deep seeded issues, or at least there was.

Maybe they did work it out though because none of them have been traded and Sirianni is still the coach. But I think this aligns perfectly with their end season collapse.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Funny how this anti-Hurts (Eagles) thread is only 5 pages long, while in the pro-Dak (Cowboys) thread it is already 6 pages long and counting.

Sounds like the pro-Dak thread is infested with closet Eagles fans posing as Cowboys fans if one goes and reads the comments in there. Messed up.

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
If you listened to this without reading what "Ernie The Cowboy" had to say first you would think nothing of it.

Ernie is telling you to listen with an agenda. It's influencing you to think a certain way before you even listen.

Now look at my avatar.
I don't have a clue who Ernie the Cowboy is, but I do know who Jalen Hurts is. Followed him since his time at Oklahoma. Confident guy. He didn't sound confident with his answers, and he chose his words carefully. Left alone, it wouldn't be more than a small blip on the radar. Coupled with how that team fell apart last season and it tells a story. I don't know what's going on in Philly, but something is up.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Learn the game. Understand who's to blame and why those INTs happened. Quit being lazy.
If I learn the game will you?
Limey, blimey. Will Dak learn the game and quit throwing to double coverages and forcing the ball into impossible windows that close quickly?

Hadenough

Reaction score
Wow! That's crazy because Hurts has shown he can perform in the biggest stage.

Sydla

Reaction score
Funny how this anti-Hurts (Eagles) thread is only 5 pages long, while in the pro-Dak (Cowboys) thread it is already 6 pages long and counting.

Sounds like the pro-Dak thread is infested with closet Eagles fans posing as Cowboys fans if one goes and reads the comments in there. Messed up.
Ummm............ one is the QB of our team and one is not.

Why would a thread on Hurts potentially dissing his HC garner more talk than one about Dak and the overall team failures in the postseason?