Senior Bowl Chatter....

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
PKZxlAH.gif

Tell me I'm not the only one seeing his uniform change to ours.

I really got to get a hold of myself.

waving monkey

Reaction score
Wentz really may be gone before our #4 pick.
Garrett wiil also like RKG
knows football

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
So anybody interested in a 6 foot and a half, 286 lb. DT?

That really hurt his stock.....I was expecting 6'2. What is it w/ all these players lying about height and weight? It's not like the league isn't gonna find out. Must have had the same agent as Paul Dawson. Wow.....thought the Ohio St. DT was gonna be taller too...

RS12

Reaction score
Quarterbacks

-To me, the best quarterback of the South today was Arkansas’s Brandon Allen. At the very lease, he had the best velocity of the four quarterbacks on the South roster. He’s a bit of a fastball-er too much at times, and had a slight sidearm delivery on shorter routes that may be an issue at the line of scrimmage. I had been told he struggled towards the end of practice (as I transitioned to the North for the day), but he did his best to generate somegood discussion after having 8.5 inch hands in the weigh-ins this AM.

-Mississippi State’s Dak Prescott was adequate today, but his biggest concern on film as a throw was that he tends to try and place passes rather than throw with confidence and velocity on routes. His perimeter placement was an issue, and he just looked a hair off on most routes today. While I would chalk that up to just being his first day with his receivers, it wasn’t an issue for Allen and, to some extent, Jacoby Brissett.

-On Jacoby Brissett, his biggest issue is his release point. He’s a taller passer with a high release point, and his passes under 10-15 yards tend to stay too high too often. In those shorter routes, he doesn’t always give his receiver room to work upfield. It’s likely a slightly coachable fix, but it’s a concern nonetheless.

Running Backs

-I didn’t get a great look at the running backs for the South squad, but Jonathan Williamsflashed a little bit of everything on day one.

http://optimumscouting.com/draft/20..._medium=twitter&utm_campaign=optimum+scouting

RS12

Reaction score
Jihad Ward was dominant today. He didn’t produce much at Illinois, but his potential is obvious. Rod Marinelli spent a lot of time coaching Ward up and he proceeded to get better as the day went along.

I wonder if Rod has taken a liking to him. Created a lot of buzz today.

RS12

Reaction score
Quarterbacks

-North Dakota State’s Carson Wentz is clearly the talk of Mobile, as Phil Savage put a huge target on his chest for the media with top-10 talk. I’ll probably have ample articles trying to ease the hype, as only one team in the top-10 really has legit interest. He has the best velocity of the North quarterbacks (which isn’t saying much). But he had three really noticeable incompletions, a combination of timing of routes, reacting to the man coverage alignment and just poor placement. He was fine, but this is who Carson Wentz is: tools-y, but a guy who needs time and patience, not overhype.

-The other quarterbacks all had their woes. Kevin Hogan of Stanford had adequate velocity in slant routes and shorter throws, but once he worked downfield, his delayed release allowed DBs to react, and he simply didn’t have the velocity to really threaten on the perimeter. USC’s Cody Kessler seemed to have a slight hitch in his perimeter throws and really needs to load up on the perimeter. He had a few errant throws. And Jeff Driskell….didn’t have a good day.

Running Backs

-Didn’t get a great look at the running backs, but Kenneth Dixon of Louisiana Tech actually looked like the best of the bunch as a pass-catcher. He’s the best running back on the North squad (and probably the whole Senior Bowl crop), but I’m expecting Tyler Ervin of San Jose State to impress as the week goes on. And keep an eye out for Navy’s super athletic but a bit raw Chris Swain.

Receivers/Tight Ends

-I probably will gush about him all week, but Braxton Miller of Ohio State isn’t a project receiver. Deliberate and focused in his routes, he’s mere reps and secondary anticipation development from being a first-round worth receiver. He finished away from his frame well again today, and he’s such a natural pass-catcher. He had great battles with Temple’s Tavon Young (more on him below).

http://optimumscouting.com/draft/2016-senior-bowl-north-practice-day-one-review.html

RS12

Reaction score
-North Dakota State’s Carson Wentz is clearly the talk of Mobile, as Phil Savage put a huge target on his chest for the media with top-10 talk. I’ll probably haveample articles trying to ease the hype, as only one team in the top-10 really has legit interest. He has the best velocity of the North quarterbacks (which isn’t saying much). But he had three really noticeable incompletions, a combination of timing of routes, reacting to the man coverage alignment and just poor placement. He was fine, but this is who Carson Wentz is: tools-y, but a guy who needs time and patience, not overhype.

Interesting take. Wonder who that team is?

waving monkey

Reaction score

Utah Southern senior S Miles Killebrew is "this year's version of Jaquiski Tartt," posits NFL Media draft analyst Chad Reuter.
Tartt, you'll recall, was a 2015 second-round pick of the 49ers. "Killebrew [is] a linebacker-sized strong safety who shuts down FCS receivers and running backs on a regular basis," Reuter wrote. "While he has great size, Killebrew doesn't just play inside the box, though he'll likely flourish there on Sundays." The 6-foot-3, 230-pound Killebrew has been clocked with a 4.45 forty. An NFL scout told NFL.com recently that Killebrew is "a better football player than Shaq Thompson and Deone Bucannon were when they came out." Wed, Nov 25, 2015 04:04:00 PM