Senior Bowl Chatter....

Bizwah

Reaction score
Utah Southern senior S Miles Killebrew is "this year's version of Jaquiski Tartt," posits NFL Media draft analyst Chad Reuter.
Tartt, you'll recall, was a 2015 second-round pick of the 49ers. "Killebrew [is] a linebacker-sized strong safety who shuts down FCS receivers and running backs on a regular basis," Reuter wrote. "While he has great size, Killebrew doesn't just play inside the box, though he'll likely flourish there on Sundays." The 6-foot-3, 230-pound Killebrew has been clocked with a 4.45 forty. An NFL scout told NFL.com recently that Killebrew is "a better football player than Shaq Thompson and Deone Bucannon were when they came out." Wed, Nov 25, 2015 04:04:00 PM

Watch some highlights of this guy. Ouch!

RS12

Reaction score
Nick Vannett/TE/Ohio State: Vannett displayed himself as one of the most complete players at any position during the first day of practice. He’s a terrific athlete with natural hands and looked like a 256-pound receiver on the field. Vannett also handled everyone he was asked to block whether it was during drills or scrimmage.

Braxton Miller/WR/Ohio State: The Buckeyes acquitted themselves well as Braxton Miller also stood out on Monday. He showed off his vertical speed and on several occasions had defensive backs chasing him down the field. Most impressive though was the way Miller proved he could handle the details of the position. He ran sharp, crisp routes and on one play threw a double move on the opponent to come open. During another snap Miller used his hands like an NFL receiver to separate at the line of scrimmage.

Glenn Gronkowski/FB-TE/Kansas State: The younger brother of Rob Gronkowski played fullback in college but is projected as a tight end at the next level by some. Wherever he lines up, Gronkowski proved two things today; he can catch the ball and block defenders. Gronkowski looked dominant during blitz pick-up drills and was equally effective run-blocking in full scrimmage. He also made several nice receptions when the ball was thrown his way.

Jason Spriggs/T/Indiana: Spriggs answered one of the biggest questions scouts had about his game entering the week; his playing strength. On a number of occasions, he handled power ends such as Jihad Ward of Illinois on both running and passing downs. Spriggs practiced with great athleticism and fundamentals, impressing scouts every time he took a snap.

Joe Haeg/T/North Dakota State: Haeg, who protected the blind side of Carson Wentz the past two seasons, proved he could play on the big stage. He was terrific in pass protection and also looked good blocking on the second level when put in motion. On a number of occasions he handled Jason Fanaika, the explosive defensive end from Utah.

Matt Ioannidis/DT/Temple: Ioannidis had a "wow" day, the sort of performance that had teammates and coaches applauding his effort and results. He continually beat opponents in both one-on-one drills as well as full scrimmage, constantly disrupting the action behind the line of scrimmage. Eventually the North’s offensive line reverted to double-teaming Ioannidis during the final five minutes of scrimmage in an attempt to slow him down

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/n...-Tuesday/b06a385a-a42b-44e0-8b30-9b0a0bfa7717

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
I wish they would post the credentials of some of these scouts writing these articles. they are all over the place in their analysis. One says Driskel had a decent day, another says he was terrible. Same with Wentz and many of the other prosepects. I'm thinking that some are youtube scouts who don't know what they are looking at, but have a scouting blog to put out.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
I wish they would post the credentials of some of these scouts writing these articles. they are all over the place in their analysis. One says Driskel had a decent day, another says he was terrible. Same with Wentz and many of the other prosepects. I'm thinking that some are youtube scouts who don't know what they are looking at, but have a scouting blog to put out.

People have to remember that many of the draft writers are guys with a forum, not much different than posters on this board. When I first knew Matt Miller he was a middle school teacher who posted on message boards. Not to kiss up but there are guys on this forum who could easily do what these guys do... create a website, blog, or podcast, ask the Senior Bowl for credentials, and show up in Mobile as "media" for the Senior Bowl. I've written for recruiting message boards and sites in the past and was given access to coaching staffs and players. It isn't hard, just takes someone willing to put themselves out there.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
I honestly do not know how people can take Mayock.

Probably because I spent so many years watching him do local Philly media . I still chuckle that he's the NFLN's make believe Kiper.

Gotta give credit....He's been fooling people for years as an expert. Doesn't bad mouth anyone...gives just enough "expert advice" to make the average fan happy. Hardcore draftniks have figured him out....He always leaves himself an out.... and doesn't commit on a prospect as a "can't miss" as to not look foolish....He's the equivalent of a career politician in my book.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
A desire to reach the pinnacle of his profession. He can win 20 national championships at Alabama, that will never be the summit for a football coach.

How hard is it to recruit the top class every year....when your paying the players under the table? Old Saban is already lining up his fall guy in Kiffen. It's just a matter of time before the truth comes out and Alabama falls.....Mark my words. You just don't recruit the top class like they do year after year...and something isn't going down. I'm gonna LMAO when they are stripped of all their titles.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Utah Southern senior S Miles Killebrew is "this year's version of Jaquiski Tartt," posits NFL Media draft analyst Chad Reuter.
Tartt, you'll recall, was a 2015 second-round pick of the 49ers. "Killebrew [is] a linebacker-sized strong safety who shuts down FCS receivers and running backs on a regular basis," Reuter wrote. "While he has great size, Killebrew doesn't just play inside the box, though he'll likely flourish there on Sundays." The 6-foot-3, 230-pound Killebrew has been clocked with a 4.45 forty. An NFL scout told NFL.com recently that Killebrew is "a better football player than Shaq Thompson and Deone Bucannon were when they came out." Wed, Nov 25, 2015 04:04:00 PM

Interesting. But would Marinelli creatively use him as Arizona uses Buchanon?

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nick Vannett/TE/Ohio State: Vannett displayed himself as one of the most complete players at any position during the first day of practice. He’s a terrific athlete with natural hands and looked like a 256-pound receiver on the field. Vannett also handled everyone he was asked to block whether it was during drills or scrimmage.

Braxton Miller/WR/Ohio State: The Buckeyes acquitted themselves well as Braxton Miller also stood out on Monday. He showed off his vertical speed and on several occasions had defensive backs chasing him down the field. Most impressive though was the way Miller proved he could handle the details of the position. He ran sharp, crisp routes and on one play threw a double move on the opponent to come open. During another snap Miller used his hands like an NFL receiver to separate at the line of scrimmage.

Glenn Gronkowski/FB-TE/Kansas State: The younger brother of Rob Gronkowski played fullback in college but is projected as a tight end at the next level by some. Wherever he lines up, Gronkowski proved two things today; he can catch the ball and block defenders. Gronkowski looked dominant during blitz pick-up drills and was equally effective run-blocking in full scrimmage. He also made several nice receptions when the ball was thrown his way.

Jason Spriggs/T/Indiana: Spriggs answered one of the biggest questions scouts had about his game entering the week; his playing strength. On a number of occasions, he handled power ends such as Jihad Ward of Illinois on both running and passing downs. Spriggs practiced with great athleticism and fundamentals, impressing scouts every time he took a snap.

Joe Haeg/T/North Dakota State: Haeg, who protected the blind side of Carson Wentz the past two seasons, proved he could play on the big stage. He was terrific in pass protection and also looked good blocking on the second level when put in motion. On a number of occasions he handled Jason Fanaika, the explosive defensive end from Utah.

Matt Ioannidis/DT/Temple: Ioannidis had a "wow" day, the sort of performance that had teammates and coaches applauding his effort and results. He continually beat opponents in both one-on-one drills as well as full scrimmage, constantly disrupting the action behind the line of scrimmage. Eventually the North’s offensive line reverted to double-teaming Ioannidis during the final five minutes of scrimmage in an attempt to slow him down

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/n...-Tuesday/b06a385a-a42b-44e0-8b30-9b0a0bfa7717

You spend a lot of time over at that website, eh?

How are your birds looking next year?

~looking away~

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
For me it's simple. We draft Wentz and we'll win so many Super Bowls we'll lose count. We don't draft him and we'll never win another. Ever.

That's what's on the line with this decision.