Senior Bowl Chatter....

RS12

Reaction score
How hard is it to recruit the top class every year....when your paying the players under the table? Old Saban is already lining up his fall guy in Kiffen. It's just a matter of time before the truth comes out and Alabama falls.....Mark my words. You just don't recruit the top class like they do year after year...and something isn't going down. I'm gonna LMAO when they are stripped of all their titles.

No way the NCAA messes with Bama. They wouldnt mess Miami after Donna Shalala told em that if they messed her they'd regret it. They only pick on wimps like Pat Haden. Last thing the NCAA wants is a convoy of 4X4s with gun racks headed to Kansas.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
If you could find someone to take that contract/bad shoulder....you do it in a heartbeat.

First Risen says Wentz is better than Brady and now you want to trade Romo?

I forgot how insane this place got during the off season.

RS12

Reaction score
MOBILE, Ala. – If there was any doubt about whether the Dallas Cowboys were giving North Dakota State University quarterback Carson Wentz a serious look as a high draft pick, it was dispelled Tuesday.

While Dallas didn't go out of its way to wave the Senior Bowl pom-poms for Wentz, Cowboys director of player personnel Stephen Jones had a fairly developed line of thought when it came to plucking a quarterback high in this year's draft. To put it succinctly: This isn't some mock draft fantasy. If Wentz is the right guy and right move for the future transition of the franchise, Dallas is prepared to make that decision. And if it means Tony Romo will have to spend a few years mentoring a young guy like Wentz, well, Jones thinks Romo will be a good company man. Even if that means sacrificing a high pick (and a potential instant impact player) in favor of someone who might not take over for a few years.

Aaron Rodgers [learning behind Brett Favre], you look at Tony Romo sitting for three years … you look at these guys who sit and watch for three years, and then they go on and have the success that they have. You can live with that.

"You can't put your head in the sand [with Romo's health]. He's certainly had some injuries. We have to be aware of that. If we do decide to pick a quarterback fairly high, Tony's a great example of how it can serve a young quarterback well to watch for two or three or four years, whatever that number is going to be. Obviously we think Tony is our best chance to go win a Super Bowl. We think he will be that guy for the next three or four years."

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/here-s...owboys--draft--long-term-plans-043531382.html

Some Stephen Jones speak for Risen

texbumthelife

Reaction score
People have to remember that many of the draft writers are guys with a forum, not much different than posters on this board. When I first knew Matt Miller he was a middle school teacher who posted on message boards. Not to kiss up but there are guys on this forum who could easily do what these guys do... create a website, blog, or podcast, ask the Senior Bowl for credentials, and show up in Mobile as "media" for the Senior Bowl. I've written for recruiting message boards and sites in the past and was given access to coaching staffs and players. It isn't hard, just takes someone willing to put themselves out there.

Ditto to this almost exactly. I've had similar success with a few professional organizations, too.

tm1119

Reaction score
MOBILE, Ala. – If there was any doubt about whether the Dallas Cowboys were giving North Dakota State University quarterback Carson Wentz a serious look as a high draft pick, it was dispelled Tuesday.

While Dallas didn't go out of its way to wave the Senior Bowl pom-poms for Wentz, Cowboys director of player personnel Stephen Jones had a fairly developed line of thought when it came to plucking a quarterback high in this year's draft. To put it succinctly: This isn't some mock draft fantasy. If Wentz is the right guy and right move for the future transition of the franchise, Dallas is prepared to make that decision. And if it means Tony Romo will have to spend a few years mentoring a young guy like Wentz, well, Jones thinks Romo will be a good company man. Even if that means sacrificing a high pick (and a potential instant impact player) in favor of someone who might not take over for a few years.

Aaron Rodgers [learning behind Brett Favre], you look at Tony Romo sitting for three years … you look at these guys who sit and watch for three years, and then they go on and have the success that they have. You can live with that.

"You can't put your head in the sand [with Romo's health]. He's certainly had some injuries. We have to be aware of that. If we do decide to pick a quarterback fairly high, Tony's a great example of how it can serve a young quarterback well to watch for two or three or four years, whatever that number is going to be. Obviously we think Tony is our best chance to go win a Super Bowl. We think he will be that guy for the next three or four years."

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/here-s...owboys--draft--long-term-plans-043531382.html

Some Stephen Jones speak for Risen

How much further does that list really go as far as good QB's sitting and waiting?

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Feel the same. Just straight bore.

I liked the Tuna because he would give out good info and he would mess around with the press members.
I liked Wade's PC's because at the very least you could get a laugh or chuckle just listening to him talk even if it was not his intention to make you laugh or chuckle.

Red...boring like a high school monotone teacher.

Tuna and Gregg Poppovich from the San Antonio Spurs absolutely give the best interviews. I love(d) watching both guys.

Sydla

Reaction score
I am warming up to Wentz.

Only problem is that other than Romo, what QB in recent memory has been successful in this league from a FCS school?

texbumthelife

Reaction score
I like Drake too, but I've always said he's too tall to be a running back. He needs to move to receiver.

If he can stay healthy, I have to agree that he is a great replacement in that Dunbar role. He is lightning in a bottle and has very little mileage. I don't want him as a feature back, but as a guy you move around and split out wide, he would be perfect.

With that said, I would rather have Braxton Miller in that role. He is bigger and even more versatile.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
I am warming up to Wentz.

Only problem is that other than Romo, what QB in recent memory has been successful in this league from a FCS school?

I don't know about FCS, but Roethlisberger (Miami of Ohio) and Flacco (University of Delaware) both played at very small schools as well as having similar builds and skill sets to Wentz.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
With all the available DT talent in this draft, watch we emerge from the draft without one, similar to us not taking a running back in a running back-rich class in 2015. :(

RS12

Reaction score
With all the available DT talent in this draft, watch we emerge from the draft without one, similar to us not taking a running back in a running back-rich class in 2015. :(

I dont think so. Even our cracker jack FO has to see the position needs major help. Particularly when measured against the two SB teams this year. Hayden wouldnt make either of those teams.

texbumthelife

Reaction score

I would rather emerge without one than take Nkemdiche at all. What all the DT in the draft also means, however, is that a lot of good players at that position could be cut and on the open market. I think it's very realistic the Cowboys sign someone significant on the open market and then target another in the first three rounds.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
I dont think so. Even our cracker jack FO has to see the position needs major help. Particularly when measured against the two SB teams this year. Hayden wouldnt make either of those teams.

Nonsense. The coaches would fight for him. They wear matching t-shirts and hang out on off days. You clearly do not understand what is important to a football team.

Plankton

Reaction score
I don't know about FCS, but Roethlisberger (Miami of Ohio) and Flacco (University of Delaware) both played at very small schools as well as having similar builds and skill sets to Wentz.

Flacco was on scholarship at Michigan initially, but the point remains. Not sure if Kurt Warner was FBS when he played at Northern Iowa.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Utah Southern senior S Miles Killebrew is "this year's version of Jaquiski Tartt," posits NFL Media draft analyst Chad Reuter.
Tartt, you'll recall, was a 2015 second-round pick of the 49ers. "Killebrew [is] a linebacker-sized strong safety who shuts down FCS receivers and running backs on a regular basis," Reuter wrote. "While he has great size, Killebrew doesn't just play inside the box, though he'll likely flourish there on Sundays." The 6-foot-3, 230-pound Killebrew has been clocked with a 4.45 forty. An NFL scout told NFL.com recently that Killebrew is "a better football player than Shaq Thompson and Deone Bucannon were when they came out." Wed, Nov 25, 2015 04:04:00 PM

Was afraid of this, Killebrew is going to start rocketing up draft boards.

Killebrew actually measured in at just under 6-2 and 219. He can always gain weight, guy is rocked up but very lean, however he's never going to get to 6-3 unless he starts sporting inch and half heels.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
I like Drake too, but I've always said he's too tall to be a running back. He needs to move to receiver.

Not a bad idea. I can see someone moving him around to create mismatches, unfortuantely Dallas is far to good to do anything creative like that and spoil a good thing!