Senior Bowl Chatter....

Silver Surfer

Reaction score
Cowboys stayed after practice to work with two players this afternoon: Braxton Miller and Miles Killebrew.

http://i636.***BLOCKED***/albums/uu87/jdjohnston1960/Thumb_BT0A9802.jpg

http://i636.***BLOCKED***/albums/uu87/jdjohnston1960/Thumb_BT0A9865.jpg

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If that photo gets out of Killebrew being coached up by Ben Bloom he'll end up a top 5 pick.

And on the flip side, Miller's heading to UDFA.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
If that photo gets out of Killebrew being coached up by Ben Bloom he'll end up a top 5 pick.

And on the flip side, Miller's heading to UDFA.

If any pics get out of him and Marinelli in matching t-shirts, they may have to let him go right into free agency, highest bidder gets him. Marinelli doesn't know the power he wields.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Miller looks like he's got some serious mitts. I am really warming up to taking him. It's just going to further infuriate me if they don't use him though...

AzorAhai

Reaction score
What is he telling Miller? Dont pop a hammy?

Exactly the opposite. Probably told him if he doesn't injure his hammy he's off their board. We have a reputation to uphold I tell you.

Silver Surfer

Reaction score
Miller looks like he's got some serious mitts. I am really warming up to taking him. It's just going to further infuriate me if they don't use him though...

They were definitely trying to get a bead on this guy today. They had him fielding punts, working punt coverage, and called several plays for him both as a runner and a receiver. They had him set up to field punts after the practice, but he tweaked himself after a couple so they called it off.

waving monkey

Reaction score
CZw27DKW0AABLsc.jpg:large

Im aboard

Silver Surfer

Reaction score
I can post some more shots from today on my web site if you guys are interested. Just let me know.

SilverStarCowboy

The Actualist
Reaction score
But of course, that depends on someone having an opinion to begin with, before the fact.

That is not all that common.

It's common around to grandiosely perceive how one view things will sway the slightest.

"When compared to Paxton Lynch and his Draft availability Wentz looks even worse. He's the most over-rated player on the board right now."

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Carson Wentz/QB/North Dakota State: Wentz started to assert his authority on Day Two, displaying the best arm strength in less than ideal conditions. Wentz threw with great velocity as his passes cut through the wind and his accuracy was unaffected. Most impressive were his sprint out throws as Wentz was able to deliver the ball quicker and further than any quarterback in attendance.

Sheldon Rankins/DT/Louisville: Rankins was the most dominant defensive lineman on the field Tuesday. He ran through blocks or around blockers and had a stretch of snaps where opponents were mumbling to themselves after getting beat. Rankins displayed the ability to burst off the snap then used his power to annihilate anyone in his way.

Lawrence Thomas/DL/Michigan State: Thomas was another player who overpowered any blocker that dared to step in his way. He showed great force up the field and pancaked opponents during one-on-one drills. Thomas also showed a good amount of athleticism in his game and the ability to rush the passer as well as stop the run.

Noah Spence/DE/Eastern Kentucky: The former Ohio State Buckeye harassed offensive linemen and flashed the first round potential he’s shown the past two seasons. He was best when standing up over tackle, as Spence practiced with great speed, balance and agility. On a number of occasions, he beat highly rated tackle La’Raven Clark, running circles around the athletic blocker.

Kenyan Drake/RB/Alabama: Drake was unaffected by the slippery field, showing great quickness, speed and the ability to double cut over the course of a carry. He easily beat defenders around the perimeter and broke off several long runs. Drake also looked good catching the ball.

Leonte Carroo/WR/Rutgers: Carroo finished the day looking like one of the most reliable receivers in attendance. His route running was better than expected and Carroo displayed soft, strong hands. He also used his large frame to out-muscle defenders for the reception.

Joe Dahl/OL/Washington State: The college tackle took well to his move to guard and shut down what’s been a formidable defensive line from the North squad. His ability to adjust or immediately recover back to blocking balance after it looked like he was going to get beat impressed scouts.

Darian Thompson/S/Boise State: The play from the defensive backs has been inconsistent for the most part, expect for Thompson, who’s been good from the start. The safety has been forceful against the run and made several nice plays in man coverage during drills. Thompson showed himself to be more than a downhill safety as he covers a lot of area, easily beating opponents to the flanks and making plays on the ball.

Notes: Braxton Miller turned in another tremendous performance on Tuesday. It's not just that Braxton is fast or catches the ball well, it’s the fact he’s easily picked up the nuances of the receiver position in such a short period of time. Miller, who entered the draft with a third round grade, has moved into the early part of round two.

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/n...ednesday/f88aa023-3629-4fdb-9aa3-cd17d7ff0ad8

RS12

Reaction score
Kenyan Drake/RB/Alabama: Drake was unaffected by the slippery field, showing great quickness, speed and the ability to double cut over the course of a carry. He easily beat defenders around the perimeter and broke off several long runs. Drake also looked good catching the ball.

This guy can fly and runs with such ease. Love him 4th or lower.

RS12

Reaction score
Sheldon Rankins looked like a video game glitch in his first two Senior Bowl practices.

Rankins (6'1 ⅝", 304 lbs, Louisville) put such quick moves on offensive linemen in one-one-one drills Tuesday that they tumbled to the wet grass in one direction while he blew past them in the other. In full-squad and nine-on-nine running-game drills, Rankins routinely knifed through gaps in the offensive line and sometimes got under his blocker’s pads and shoved him into the backfield.

Wednesday’s frigid practices brought more of the same. Rankins demonstrated a nasty spin move and heavy hands when he clubbed blockers aside during one-on-one drills. Michigan center Graham Glasgow (6'6 ⅜", 306 lbs), who had success against other defenders, was a frequent Rankins victim, getting beaten so bad at one point that he never left his three-point stance as Rankins blasted past him.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...book-is-sheldon-rankins-the-next-aaron-donald