Shaq Leonard update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pola_pe_a

Reaction score
The city of Philadelphia is one of a handful of cities that has a “special” tax” on pro athletes playing a game in the city. New York City has it as well. Which is why the owners of the Jets and Giants are in no itching hurry for a stadium in New York. Agents calculate that into value of contracts, though, so players get theirs, and agents definitely get their’s.
It’s not a special tax on athletes it’s a city wage tax. If you work in Philly you pay it. If you reside in Philly you pay a bit less. They hit visiting teams with the tax when they play in the city. BS but everyone pays it.

Pola_pe_a

Reaction score
That’s all fine and good but they still have state income taxes and $2m in Jersey or Ct don’t buy as much as $2m in Texas I don’t believe.
South Jersey has very reasonable housing costs. The property taxes are the killer.

rocknrobcowboy

Reaction score
Go to the Colts message board and read about this guy.

"Shell of his former self"
"On the sharp declune"
" no impact plays"
"Gets washed out in the run game"
"Cut him"

And on and on and on.

Fans tend to know when their players have run out of gas.

I wouldn't sweat too much if we don't sign him.

Here's a possibility nobody has mentioned: what if we haven't heard about any signing because neither team wanted him after meeting with him?

Your averag dedicated fan can see the difference in a guy at his peak vs the same player when he has declined.

People in here may not know the best type of coverage to run against 11 vs 12 personnel.....but they can see the difference between Zeke from 2018 and Zeke from 2023. And Cowboy fans would see that decline more than any other fanbase.

So to answere your 2 questions: Yes the fans know,...and your 2nd question: yes the fans know
Sounds Like Our Message Board "Zone"

Read About This Guy.

"Shell of his former self"
"On the sharp decline"
" no impact plays"
"Gets washed out in the run game"

"Cut him":facepalm:
Were Know Different "CowboyZone" Message Board Than Other Boards.. LOL....... :lmao: :lmao2:

So Please Stop It..Okay?...:cool:

Kingofholland

Reaction score
I don't think money will be a huge factor in his decision this season since most of it is likely to be paid by the Colts. Unless someone blows him out of the water with a multi year deal.

It'll come down to where he sees the better short term fit for him to maxmize his talents while giving him an opportunity to win.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
105.3 states via Baldinger that Leonard is leaning towards Dallas.
I hope so but seems pretty premature given how he’s thinking about it over the weekend and literally just left Philly…like baldinger but not sure he’s one to break news but let’s hope

Reaction score
I guess he got even offers and besides he's being paid first by the Colts. Now he's weighing
- which team has better prospects
- where will he play more
- where would i prefer to live

i'd say it's a tough call for him, wish i had those problems

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
Best case he makes a good defense even better. Returns to some semblance of his former self.

Worse case he’s a vet for depth.

See no issue with it. Get it done

Status
Not open for further replies.