Should Dak Reduce His Salary To Allow Team To Sign Free Agents

CWR

Reaction score
It hurts me how bad it has got for the Dakster. get that money boy.
"you don't question a mans money"
I can only imagine how difficult it must be driving around my Ferrari and eating at Michelin restaurants, with super models. The stress has to be overwhelming. I feel terrible for them all, especially qb1.

leeblair

Reaction score
All these stars making enough money for 7 generations, they cannot even spend in a normal life all the money they make each year. Why make so much that their team cannot afford great players at other positions?

Dak's salary is impeding the Boys' ability to bringing in free agent impact starters. The draft alone has not brought the Boys to the big game. They must supplement their draft picks, undrafted free agents with impact players who are free agents who fill an immediate need for the team, or trades that are steals.

Lots of you will say Dak will never do it, reduce his salary, but my suggestion is the only possible way to improve the team.

Jimmy Johnson knew he needed more talent. He brought in Plan B free agents Jay Novacek and James Washington. He traded for guard John Gesek, DE Charles Haley, safety Thomas Everritt and DT Tony Casillas. He received a treasure of draft picks for Herschel Walker who had led the NFC in rushing in 1988. He knew the team's weaknesses and always made moves to improve.

Our 2023 team did not have enough talent to make it to the top. Porous run defense, not enough run stuffing LB's, average run blocking OL. We need more than a draft to get this team over the malaise of the past 28 or so years.
Just pay him and get rid of him.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Should Dak Reduce His Salary To Allow Team To Sign Free Agents​

oh-hell-yeah.gif

baltcowboy

Reaction score
All these stars making enough money for 7 generations, they cannot even spend in a normal life all the money they make each year. Why make so much that their team cannot afford great players at other positions?

Dak's salary is impeding the Boys' ability to bringing in free agent impact starters. The draft alone has not brought the Boys to the big game. They must supplement their draft picks, undrafted free agents with impact players who are free agents who fill an immediate need for the team, or trades that are steals.

Lots of you will say Dak will never do it, reduce his salary, but my suggestion is the only possible way to improve the team.

Jimmy Johnson knew he needed more talent. He brought in Plan B free agents Jay Novacek and James Washington. He traded for guard John Gesek, DE Charles Haley, safety Thomas Everritt and DT Tony Casillas. He received a treasure of draft picks for Herschel Walker who had led the NFC in rushing in 1988. He knew the team's weaknesses and always made moves to improve.

Our 2023 team did not have enough talent to make it to the top. Porous run defense, not enough run stuffing LB's, average run blocking OL. We need more than a draft to get this team over the malaise of the past 28 or so years.
No, Dak has a baby girl on the way. He is not taking a discount. He might structure the contract a certain way but he will want top end guarantees because France is still his agent.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I do not care what they pay him ......... or if he takes a pay cut to get some help.

Because the people bashing him will continue to bash him and the people white knighting for him will continue to defend him.

If he takes a pay cut to help the team i will give him credit ........ if not and he plays well i will also give him credit, if he takes another huge chunk of the "salary cap" and plays like crap, I will talk bad about him.

9of11

Reaction score
Dak wont do that...this is his last big contract and teams know what he is...Dak will be a starter for a desperate franchise and a backup to others...I wish Dak was the one...but he's not...

zenmastersauce

Reaction score
Honestly, if I am in his position I would say sure. Backend my deal farther in the future, save money in the recent with our current squad, use it to get some top guys in key places that we very sorely need and run it back. I would not want to take the highest numbers out there but I would also say you better go out and get what we need on both sides of the ball. You could even contend my contract to my performance. if I cant do the thing, happily trade or or keep it moving.

zenmastersauce

Reaction score
Dak wont do that...this is his last big contract and teams know what he is...Dak will be a starter for a desperate franchise and a backup to others...I wish Dak was the one...but he's not...
yea i am thinking thats wrong but hey

Creeper

Reaction score
I would love for Dak to work with the Cowboys on a more team friendly deal. I would love him to take less money, take a longer contract term, and give up the no trade clause. But I don't think he is going to do it. HIs agent won't let him for one thing. And the NFLPA will probably complain to him about it too.

Base on his first contract, I expect Dak to ask for even more money, bordering on the preposterous, all though this time he may allow for a franchise tag in the future, I seriously doubt he will go without a trade clause.

I think Dak will ask for and get a 5 year, $300 million deal with $200 million guaranteed money, mostly in signing bonus the Cowboys will spread out over 7 years. If Dak asks for less, I think it is a sign he is willing to help Dallas a little bit.

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
I think every QB should, to be honest. Especially QB's like Dak who have a ridiculous amount of endorsement contracts and have already earned enough money to where their grandkids don't have to work for a living.

Brady did it his entire career and all his teams did was win.

shabazz

Reaction score
The rest of NFL teams and their fans say, "Grab all the cash you can Dak and keep doing what you do"

Manster_Mash

Reaction score
He shouldn't even be given the choice. He should be told he will, or he can find another place to play.

Big_D

Reaction score
Unless he just really enjoys getting mocked at the end of every season? At least his wallets fat.

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
Please NO let him go somewhere else.I don't want him even for a $1.00

FVSTONE

Reaction score

Personally, I'm not sure why JJ kept MM around for another season since he's already proven that he can't change this undiscipline team. As for Prescot, I would not sign him to any extensions unless he agrees to drop the NO-TRADE clause in the next contract.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
I've got to ask ... What about when Dak was on his rookie contract and the Cowboys didn't sign any "impact starters" in Free Agency?

Or better yet, how about the 20+ years between the last Super Bowl appearance and Dak being drafted. How many "impact starters" did the Cowboys sign in Free Agency?

I mean, out of the group of Post Super Bowl era signings, TO would be by far the best the Cowboys have signed.

Then you have a huge drop off to the likes of:
  • Ken Hamlin
  • Leonard Davis
  • Kyle Kosier
  • La'Roi Glover
  • Darren McFadden
  • Keith Brooking
  • Zach Thomas
  • Anthony Henry
  • Brandon Carr
With the Top-Notch signing like those, all Pre-Dak BTW, how in the hell did we not get another Lombardi for the past 27+ years?
:huh:

Cowboys fans hoping that this is the playoff failure which will finally wake up Jerry and Stephen Jones and get them to want to sign big time free agency players. Even tho the failures between the Aikman and Romo/Dak eras wasn't enough to get them to go all in on free agency. Not even when they had Romo and Dak on their rookie contracts. But the same fans who believe that Dak can't develop into a Super Bowl winning QB after 8 years in the NFL. Keeps on putting their faith in the Joneses that they'll change their ways after 27+ years of being stuck in them to the detriment of the Cowboys. And keep hoping that the next Cowboys QB is going to make the Joneses change up on how they have been running this team for nearly 30 seasons.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Would prefer he still had it in him to run for a first down when we really need it. That is all I am saying. He got broken in two, signed his big fat deal and that was the end of that.
He does that when it's available. Same as many QBs. He did that 2-3 times in the loss to the Packers.

And many times when he does it he will take on tacklers rather than sliding if it is the difference between a 1st down or not.

But Dak was about a 4.8 guy coming out of college, and he is certainly less than than now. He may be closer to a 5.0 guy now. He is not, and has never been, a speedy guy.

Still, he does run for 1st downs more than most QB's. He's well below Hurts, Allen & Jackson, but those are the exception, not the norm.

kskboys

Reaction score
Your boss is calling to ask you for a pay cut so Little Susie can get a raise.
Not a problem.

I would take less in a heartbeat if it meant being a super bowl contender. Now, here's the caveat. I'd sign a contract for less w/ the phrase that Jerry has to pay me 200 million if we don't make a super bowl in 5 years.