CZ POLL Should Jason Garrett be fired?

Should Jason Garrett be fired?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

CWR

Reaction score
I don't think Garrett is great but let's address the real problem...Jerry. It's laughable to hear some of the names of coaches thrown around that some of you think will come here just because it's the Dallas Cowboys. I could be wrong but I don't see the likes of Harbough, Patterson (maybe), Chucky, etc coming here and putting up with Jerry's ego constantly interfering with what they are trying to do. If someone like that does come here I bet it wouldn't last long. Perhaps once Jerry departs this world then we can start hoping for a "real" coach that will be able to stay for more than a few years and build a dynasty.

I'm not saying there's not better options out there but I am saying I'm skeptical of who and how long anyone would last with Jerry. Not to mention I wouldn't expect most coaches minus Belicheat and a few others to do that much better with the personnel Jerry has given them. We've never had good balance on offense and defense talent wise. We lack depth in several positions. We're constantly having to deal with suspensions or injuries (not even talking about Zeke) due to Jerry trying to find "discounts" and make himself look smarter than everyone else by hiring players no one else will touch. It doesn't seem like the coaches have ever had much or any input into draft selections and we don't have a professional GM to help in that area. The list goes on and on and now I'm really getting fired up when I don't need to be. Jerry is the number 1 issue here and always will be until his last breath.

They said we couldn't land a "real coach" before Parcells. If there is talent to be had, wether fans such as yourself agree or not Jerry has as good of a chance of landing them as most. How long they stay has a ton of variables, of which Im sure any owner or GM would be a factor in.

aria

Reaction score
I voted no, I'll admit it. Can't say I'm thrilled this year but he was 13-3 last year, you can't ignore that or use the "Romo" excuse. As I stated above, I do think he has his faults but I also think he's improved over the years with his hands tied due to Jerry. He can't control not having depth, he can't control the long list of injuries and suspensions and if you think most of the back ups on this team along with Dak's recent decline are all easy to overcome with "Jerry's Kids" than you better get used to similar results no matter who is coaching which is precisely why we have been mainly irrelevant for two decades.

I can't wait for the hate. It's the officials, it's Dak, it's the absence of Zeke, it's Sean Lee, last year it was the secondary was horrible and everyone was happy when they walked praising our new picks and now that's not working but this is still all JG's fault after going 13-3 last year and having to deal with Jerry and Stephen's trash. Got it.

Again, not saying he's the best coach out there but being fired after a 13-3 season when everyone here talked about how great our draft classes have been and now due to injuries and suspensions and no depth you want to fire the guy? Lol. Just like Dak has had a few bad games his 2nd year and now the same people praising him last year are calling for a new qb? Or how great Twill was and what an awesome discount he gave us now there's several threads criticizing him? Letting the entire secondary walk last year was a fantastic idea according to several here, was that all JG too? What is he suposoed to do with a bunch of unproven, injure rookies? It's unreal.

I get other coaches are able to scheme around certain missing players but those coaches also thpically have the benefit of having a GM that has provided them with adequate players and depth. We have zero depth and inconsistent talent on both sides of the ball.

aria

Reaction score
They said we couldn't land a "real coach" before Parcells. If there is talent to be had, wether fans such as yourself agree or not Jerry has as good of a chance of landing them as most. How long they stay has a ton of variables, of which Im sure any owner or GM would be a factor in.
I'm not so sure he does. The only thing he has going for him is the brand. A lot of coaches won't put up with his micromanaging. If he's lucky maybe he can find and up and coming OC or DC willing to take a shot at their first HC gig which may or may not work out but I think it would be really hard for a proven, seasoned coach to come in here and set up shop long enough to put together more than a couple back to back winning seasons with Jerry running the show the way he does.

trickamsterdam

Reaction score
I voted no, I'll admit it. Can't say I'm thrilled this year but he was 13-3 last year, you can't ignore that or use the "Romo" excuse. As I stated above, I do think he has his faults but I also think he's improved over the years with his hands tied due to Jerry. He can't control not having depth, he can't control the long list of injuries and suspensions and if you think most of the back ups on this team along with Dak's recent decline are all easy to overcome with "Jerry's Kids" than you better get used to similar results no matter who is coaching which is precisely why we have been mainly irrelevant for two decades.

I can't wait for the hate. It's the officials, it's Dak, it's the absence of Zeke, it's Sean Lee, last year it was the secondary was horrible and everyone was happy when they walked praising our new picks and now that's not working but this is still all JG's fault after going 13-3 last year and having to deal with Jerry and Stephen's trash. Got it.

Again, not saying he's the best coach out there but being fired after a 13-3 season when everyone here talked about how great our draft classes have been and now due to injuries and suspensions and no depth you want to fire the guy? Lol. Just like Dak has had a few bad games his 2nd year and now the same people praising him last year are calling for a new qb? Or how great Twill was and what an awesome discount he gave us now there's several threads criticizing him? Letting the entire secondary walk last year was a fantastic idea according to several here, was that all JG too? What is he suposoed to do with a bunch of unproven, injure rookies? It's unreal.

I get other coaches are able to scheme around certain missing players but those coaches also thpically have the benefit of having a GM that has provided them with adequate players and depth. We have zero depth and inconsistent talent on both sides of the ball.
All those things you list are actually more reason to fire Garrett, since the worse the GM and talent, the more important the coach.

Hayseed

Reaction score
Only thing I can think of is the few people who voted NO are actually clandestine Eagle, Giant, and Skins fans. Believe you me,... those fan bases want Garrett to stay EXACTLY where he is. Can throw Packer fans into the group as well. They LOVE Garrett!

Zman5

Reaction score
Only thing I can think of is the few people who voted NO are actually clandestine Eagle, Giant, and Skins fans. Believe you me,... those fan bases want Garrett to stay EXACTLY where he is. Can throw Packer fans into the group as well. They LOVE Garrett!

The sad part is, I've seen on other teams forums many posts like "I hate our HC but at least he's not Jason Garrett." or "I think the talent levels of the players are equal but we'll win the game because we have the better HC".

Hayseed

Reaction score
The sad part is, I've seen on other teams forums many posts like "I hate our HC but at least he's not Jason Garrett." or "I think the talent levels of the players are equal but we'll win the game because we have the better HC".

Yep. You know whats even sadder though? They arent just homer fans deluding themselves,...They are actually 100% right.

Galian Beast

Reaction score

Alternate theories:

Jason Garrett has 36 profiles on CZ.
36 people clicked the wrong button my mistake.

aria

Reaction score
It's the typical reaction here, go against the popular group thought at the time and get flamed for it, fully expected it. If I had said Garret sucked a year ago I would be called all sorts of names. If I said Romo still should have been our qb last year, god forbid, Dak was our savior. If I say Dak isn't good this year a lot of people agree. When I said be careful what you wish for when our entire secondary was let go many here blasted me and said I just wanted them to stay because I wasn't a true fan. If I said it was a mistake to let them all walk this year many would agree. It's always something and if someone doesn't 100% agree with the most popular excuse of the week then they get blasted for it and called trolls. So ridiculous and pathetic.

Personally I would give JG one more year with hopefully no more suspensions, injuries and most importantly more depth added to the roster. Funny how many people act like this team is made up of all stars in almost every position but there are threads every week bashing a large percentage of the starting roster.

PS this poll just proves my point, what would it have been last year at this point in the season? Probably the complete opposite but after 3 bad games with several injuries, suspensions and a qb who couldn't hit water if he fell out of a boat it's not. Same could be said if there was a poll about Dak. You don't replace a coach after a 13-3 season with as many injuries as we've had and no depth and you don't give up on a QB who has shown promise in his first and second season, or 8th season, after a few bad games. You also don't let an entire veteran secondary walk and expect the same results with injured or non injured late round draft pick rookies. Some of you blow my mind.

Last edited:

Galian Beast

Reaction score
It's the typical reaction here, go against the popular group thought at the time and get flamed for it, fully expected it. If I had said Garret sucked a year ago I would be called all sorts of names. If I said Romo still should have been our qb last year, god forbid, Dak was our savior. If I say Dak isn't good this year a lot of people agree. When I said be careful what you wish for when our entire secondary was let go many here blasted me and said I just wanted them to stay because I wasn't a true fan. If I said it was a mistake to let them all walk this year many would agree. It's always something and if someone doesn't 100% agree with the most popular excuse of the week then they get blasted for it and called trolls. So ridiculous and pathetic.

Personally I would give JG one more year with hopefully no more suspensions, injuries and most importantly more depth added to the roster. Funny how many people act like this team is made up of all stars in almost every position but there are threads every week bashing a large percentage of the starting roster.

PS this poll just proves my point, what would it have been last year at this point in the season? Probably the complete opposite but after 3 bad games with several injuries, suspensions and a qb who couldn't hit water if he fell out of a boat it's not. Same could be said if there was a poll about Dak. You don't replace a coach after a 13-3 season with as many injuries as we've had and no depth and you don't give up on a QB who has shown promise in his first and second season, or 8th season, after a few bad games. You also don't let an entire veteran secondary walk and expect the same results with injured or non injured late round draft pick rookies. Some of you blow my mind.

Own your opinions, popular or not.

I've always known what Garrett was from the get go and said it at the time.

I always said Romo was better than Dak.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score

Never liked him never will. Yea I didn't criticize him during the winning streak last year. You don't complain when you win but the playoff loss told him once again all I needed to know about Garrett. 7 plus years of nothing and the only 2 good seasons were when they used a power running game to hide all their faults.

Cowboysfan917

Reaction score
Priceless....:laugh:

Honestly...there are 3 people that I'm shocked how they voted. The rest...:cool:

I can live w/o them:popcorn:
The only reason I can think of why not to make a switch would be fear of who the replacement would be. That being said, I voted yes lol

Status
Not open for further replies.