• Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He has even poisoned the mind of DallasEast. :facepalm::facepalm::muttley::muttley:
Bernard_Hill_as_Terrence_Tymber.png

You have no power here Gandalf the Grey!​

diefree666

Reaction score
It's the typical reaction here, go against the popular group thought at the time and get flamed for it, fully expected it. If I had said Garret sucked a year ago I would be called all sorts of names. If I said Romo still should have been our qb last year, god forbid, Dak was our savior. If I say Dak isn't good this year a lot of people agree. When I said be careful what you wish for when our entire secondary was let go many here blasted me and said I just wanted them to stay because I wasn't a true fan. If I said it was a mistake to let them all walk this year many would agree. It's always something and if someone doesn't 100% agree with the most popular excuse of the week then they get blasted for it and called trolls. So ridiculous and pathetic.

Personally I would give JG one more year with hopefully no more suspensions, injuries and most importantly more depth added to the roster. Funny how many people act like this team is made up of all stars in almost every position but there are threads every week bashing a large percentage of the starting roster.

PS this poll just proves my point, what would it have been last year at this point in the season? Probably the complete opposite but after 3 bad games with several injuries, suspensions and a qb who couldn't hit water if he fell out of a boat it's not. Same could be said if there was a poll about Dak. You don't replace a coach after a 13-3 season with as many injuries as we've had and no depth and you don't give up on a QB who has shown promise in his first and second season, or 8th season, after a few bad games. You also don't let an entire veteran secondary walk and expect the same results with injured or non injured late round draft pick rookies. Some of you blow my mind.
And some will never stop trying to come up with very lame excuses for Red Ball.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
It's the typical reaction here, go against the popular group thought at the time and get flamed for it, fully expected it. If I had said Garret sucked a year ago I would be called all sorts of names. If I said Romo still should have been our qb last year, god forbid, Dak was our savior. If I say Dak isn't good this year a lot of people agree. When I said be careful what you wish for when our entire secondary was let go many here blasted me and said I just wanted them to stay because I wasn't a true fan. If I said it was a mistake to let them all walk this year many would agree. It's always something and if someone doesn't 100% agree with the most popular excuse of the week then they get blasted for it and called trolls. So ridiculous and pathetic.

Personally I would give JG one more year with hopefully no more suspensions, injuries and most importantly more depth added to the roster. Funny how many people act like this team is made up of all stars in almost every position but there are threads every week bashing a large percentage of the starting roster.

PS this poll just proves my point, what would it have been last year at this point in the season? Probably the complete opposite but after 3 bad games with several injuries, suspensions and a qb who couldn't hit water if he fell out of a boat it's not. Same could be said if there was a poll about Dak. You don't replace a coach after a 13-3 season with as many injuries as we've had and no depth and you don't give up on a QB who has shown promise in his first and second season, or 8th season, after a few bad games. You also don't let an entire veteran secondary walk and expect the same results with injured or non injured late round draft pick rookies. Some of you blow my mind.

You make some very good points. I've agreed all along about the secondary - I predicted 9-7 largely because of losing 4 veterans and as recently as two days ago people were amazed I could have ever thought that. I made that prediction before Zeke was ever suspended and that's only made it worse. Also, any coach who comes to Dallas is going to be hamstrung by the Joneses, which is why I'm not sure it matters all that much who coaches the Cowboys because it's an uphill battle.

But here's why I disagree: In six full seasons as head coach Garrett has had 2 winning campaigns. We'll see what happens in this one but it's trending toward 2 out of 7. That's not exactly a track record any coach would hang his hat on. Injuries? What team doesn't have injuries? McCarthy won a SB at Green Bay with 16 guys on IR. Look at what teams like New England, Pittsburgh, and Seattle do when they lose guys to injuries or suspension. Are they as dominant? No, but the wheels don't completely fall off either. In Dallas, everything has to be just right - like last season. As soon as a key person misses time, not only are they going to lose but they'll probably lose badly. The season effectively ends because there is no means of adapting to the situation - just plug the next guy in and hope for the best.

Blaming the QB is about as bad as blaming the refs, by the way. Both are very easy. Has Dak played well lately? Nope. Neither has anyone else, which is why we're losing in epic fashion. And if Garrett can't develop a QB - he inherited Romo - then what good does his experience as a QB do us? How many passes is JG supposed to get? How much time does "Coach of the Year" (followed by a first round playoff exit) buy him? A decade?

God only knows who Jerrah would hire to replace him, but if the guy can't produce in Dallas then it's time to try something else. That said, I think JG will still be our coach in 2018. Jerry loves him.

Last edited:

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
You make some very good points. I've agreed all along about the secondary - I predicted 9-7 largely because of losing 4 veterans and as recently as two days ago people were amazed I could have ever thought that. I made that prediction before Zeke was ever suspended and that's only made it worse. Also, any coach who comes to Dallas is going to be hamstrung by the Joneses, which is why I'm not sure it matters all that much who coaches the Cowboys because it's an uphill battle.

But here's why I disagree: In six full seasons as head coach Garrett has had 2 winning campaigns. We'll see what happens in this one but it's trending toward 2 out of 7. That's not exactly a track record any coach would hang his hat on. Injuries? What team doesn't have injuries? McCarthy won a SB at Green Bay with 16 guys on IR. Garrett had Tony Romo that season and went 8-8. Look at what teams like New England, Pittsburgh, and Seattle do when they lose guys to injuries or suspension. Are they as dominant? No, but the wheels don't completely fall off either. In Dallas, everything has to be just right - like last season. As soon as a key person misses time, not only are they going to lose but they'll probably lose badly. The season effectively ends because there is no means of adapting to the situation - just plug the next guy in and hope for the best.

Blaming the QB is about as bad as blaming the refs, by the way. Both are very easy. Has Dak played well lately? Nope. Neither has anyone else, which is why we're losing in epic fashion. And if Garrett can't develop a QB - he inherited Romo - then what good does his experience as a QB do us? How many passes is JG supposed to get? How much time does "Coach of the Year" (followed by a first round playoff exit) buy him? A decade?

God only knows who Jerrah would hire to replace him, but if the guy can't produce in Dallas then it's time to try something else. That said, I think JG will still be our coach in 2018. Jerry loves him.
I agree with this post I think he will be the coach next year if he is then everyone needs to temper there expectations and jerry and his son are a large part of the problem also just not a lot of hope going forward I don't think unless the blow out wins continue or the team quits there will be a change and that's unfortunate for the fans

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
Garrett should be fired because he is not taking us to the Super Bowl, much less than winning one.

We never win a game we shouldn't have won using guile. And we never blow out a team of equal skill using guile. Furthermore, under Garrett we continue to lose in the same fashion and that shows a coach that doesn't learn from his mistakes until it is too late.

It's too bad because he handles the Dallas media well and I think he creates a good environment for players to develop. But we are where we are because his gameplanning, schematics, adjustments and clock management are about as poor as it gets.

YR

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I surrender. I've been saying give him a chance, but the lack of coaching adjustments are the final straw for me. Also, Garrett is too stoic when the officials make horrible calls against us. The squeaky wheel gets the oil or however the saying goes. I no longer believe in Garrett and it's scary because he might not be going anywhere. In addition, we don't know who would be chosen to replace him. Careful what we wish for.

10 years late, but glad to hear you made it. :flagwave::clap:

birdwells1

Reaction score
I really think how this teams finish out the season will determine Garrett's fate regardless of what Jerry says. If this team only manages a couple of wins to finish out the year, I don't see how you bring him back.

JG performs best when his job is on the line, he's clutch when he feels he might bet fired.

mrmojo

Reaction score
I've wanted him gone for years. Even after 13-3 he still didn't have his team prepared for the playoffs, Green Bay again was a game that should have been won. He is an average coach who has been given plenty of time to prove himself, he is the 2nd longest tenured coach in Cowboys HISTORY.....let that sink in..... and yet to play in a SB, much less an NFC Championship game........

Status
Not open for further replies.