CZ POLL Should Jason Garrett be fired?

Should Jason Garrett be fired?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

khiladi

Reaction score
JG performs best when his job is on the line, he's clutch when he feels he might bet fired.

Three years in a row where the last game determined whether the Cowboys would make the playoffs or not and they lose every time to all their division rivals.. teams that sucked the year before...

Hardly the definition of clutch...

If you can’t win regularly you are not winning in the ‘clutch’.. that’s more incidental than anything else..

diefree666

Reaction score
Three years in a row where the last game determined whether the Cowboys would make the playoffs or not and they lose every time to all their division rivals.. teams that sucked the year before...

Hardly the definition of clutch...

If you can’t win regularly you are not winning in the ‘clutch’.. that’s more incidental than anything else..
His defenders cannot find anything to say other than either what we might get to replace him could be worse or that he needs more time. Now that is pretty pathetic. when you look at how fast Philthy rebuilt and how quickly other teams have been rebuilt its just about criminal to claim he needs more time. Now if you claim he has nothing to do with rebuilding and is only a coach then that is even worse because of how often he is OUTCOACHED.

CWR

Reaction score
You make some very good points. I've agreed all along about the secondary - I predicted 9-7 largely because of losing 4 veterans and as recently as two days ago people were amazed I could have ever thought that. I made that prediction before Zeke was ever suspended and that's only made it worse. Also, any coach who comes to Dallas is going to be hamstrung by the Joneses, which is why I'm not sure it matters all that much who coaches the Cowboys because it's an uphill battle.

But here's why I disagree: In six full seasons as head coach Garrett has had 2 winning campaigns. We'll see what happens in this one but it's trending toward 2 out of 7. That's not exactly a track record any coach would hang his hat on. Injuries? What team doesn't have injuries? McCarthy won a SB at Green Bay with 16 guys on IR. Look at what teams like New England, Pittsburgh, and Seattle do when they lose guys to injuries or suspension. Are they as dominant? No, but the wheels don't completely fall off either. In Dallas, everything has to be just right - like last season. As soon as a key person misses time, not only are they going to lose but they'll probably lose badly. The season effectively ends because there is no means of adapting to the situation - just plug the next guy in and hope for the best.

Blaming the QB is about as bad as blaming the refs, by the way. Both are very easy. Has Dak played well lately? Nope. Neither has anyone else, which is why we're losing in epic fashion. And if Garrett can't develop a QB - he inherited Romo - then what good does his experience as a QB do us? How many passes is JG supposed to get? How much time does "Coach of the Year" (followed by a first round playoff exit) buy him? A decade?

God only knows who Jerrah would hire to replace him, but if the guy can't produce in Dallas then it's time to try something else. That said, I think JG will still be our coach in 2018. Jerry loves him.

This is why Ive had enough. Garrett is the master of excuses. Meanwhile other teams across the league do more with less on a regular basis. Garrett and his coordinators have had thier moments but overall it is time to move forward. Our offense is too simple and rigid and our defense too soft.

waldoputty

Reaction score
This is why Ive had enough. Garrett is the master of excuses. Meanwhile other teams across the league do more with less on a regular basis. Garrett and his coordinators have had thier moments but overall it is time to move forward. Our offense is too simple and rigid and our defense too soft.

the art of the excuse. not to make excuse and talk about the process.

birdwells1

Reaction score
This just occurred to me, remember when JG had his play calling duties taken away because "he needs to be free to oversee the team" and "no one else calls plays and hc anymore"? Well someone better tell Sean Payton, Sean McVay, Doug Pederson, Mike McCarthy, Jay Gruden and Andy Reid that being a hc and play caller won't work.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I noticed a lot of NO votes were being made from resolved hosts of IP addresses like ..

assistantcoachgarrett.thestar.dallascowboys.com
theprocessor.thestar.dallascowboys.com

notjimmyjohnnson.thestar.dallascowboys.com
8and8isgreat.thestar.dallascowboys.com

onecoachtoruinthemall.thestar.dallascowboys.com

:D :D

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wait. Only 15 pages? Why hasn't this thread hit 20 pages already? oh this will never do. What will pump up the replies? What will re-ignite the emotional comments? I got it!

Hey! Everyone! Take a look at that why don't you! The poll is now 486 to 39, a margin of almost 93% Yes to 7% No. Just think about that. 39 no votes? What the heck? This outrage cannot stand! Sure, one guy said this but <bleep> that! THEY MUST PAY FOR THEIR BLASPHEMY! Respond now!!!!!!!and one more exclamation mark for effect!

20+ pages here we come. :popcorn:

Ericbirdz

Reaction score
He has zero in-game management and rarely shows energy. When we get a bad call, he sometimes calls a ref over to talk to them. Rarely. His in-game interactions are so minute that I'm jealous of every other team in the league. Low effort - maybe born out of incompetence, hesitancy, or fear. All options are bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.