CZ POLL Should Jason Garrett be fired?

Should Jason Garrett be fired?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

visionary

Reaction score
Well, he's explicitly said it within the last two weeks.

I know everybody wants to see Garrett fired so bad they interpreted that as the opposite of what he said, but I think that's a real stretch.

Jerry likes this staff, and he's committed money to it. He won't change unless he reall has to.

Can you remind us what Jerry Saud a week or 2 before firing Wade?
Exactly, Jerry first if all can't say anything explicitly and secondly it means little in terms of what he will actually do

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Can you remind us what Jerry Saud a week or 2 before firing Wade?
Exactly, Jerry first if all can't say anything explicitly and secondly it means little in terms of what he will actually do

Look it up. I'd be curious to see it, too.

Here's what he said about Jason: "Jason Garrett was named Coach of the Year of the whole NFL last year,” Jones said on 105.3 The Fan in Dallas, via Drew Davison of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram. “That was yesterday. This is today. The point is, I like this coaching staff.”

Pretty explicit.

Jerry could fire him if the team up and quits on him. I don't think that will happen.

If it doesn't, you guys are getting your hopes up and are going to be disappointed again.

garyo1954

Reaction score
Look it up. I'd be curious to see it, too.

Here's what he said about Jason: "Jason Garrett was named Coach of the Year of the whole NFL last year,” Jones said on 105.3 The Fan in Dallas, via Drew Davison of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram. “That was yesterday. This is today. The point is, I like this coaching staff.”

Pretty explicit.

Jerry could fire him if the team up and quits on him. I don't think that will happen.

If it doesn't, you guys are getting your hopes up and are going to be disappointed again.

Read the same thing. Something HUGE, like going back to a stagnant offense and getting blown out every game to end the season for Garrett to go.

haleyrules

Reaction score
Garrett will not be fired. Certainly not this season. He will finish his contract unless the players quit on him. He is not a prick or a disciplinarian so that seems unlikely. Playing in Dallas under Garrett is a good number for the players. I see him, because he is smart, as a players coach. The owner is also very fond of him.

dallasdave

Reaction score
Garrett will not be fired. Certainly not this season. He will finish his contract unless the players quit on him. He is not a prick or a disciplinarian so that seems unlikely. Playing in Dallas under Garrett is a good number for the players. I see him, because he is smart, as a players coach. The owner is also very fond of him.
:oops:

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
:lmao::lmao::lmao:. Yeah. Wades facial expressions during games were priceless!! Great DC below average in the HC role. I still liked him and more his father. The family are good people.
Well Garrett claps and Wade always put his hand up in the air for a cheer. lol I was really hard on him but I loved his father. He was one of my idols when I first started following the NFL. My favorite coaches were Tom Landry in Dallas and Bum Phillips in Houston. Great times and both were great men.

dallasdave

Reaction score
Well Garrett claps and Wade always put his hand up in the air for a cheer. lol I was really hard on him but I loved his father. He was one of my idols when I first started following the NFL. My favorite coaches were Tom Landry in Dallas and Bum Phillips in Houston. Great times and both were great men.
Red has to have those clapper lights at his house !!! :laugh::lmao::lmao2:

haleyrules

Reaction score
I couldn't agree more about your coaching hero's. I really enjoyed Bum. He was so human. Anybody could feel the humanity in Bum Phillips. A lot of that was in Wade too. I never ripped Wade too much for that reason.

birdwells1

Reaction score
Nope, I've changed my mind. The way he signaled to go for the extra point on the sideline after every TD was some of the best coaching I've ever seen.

313oku8.jpg

I dislike this more than him clapping. The game is 6-0 what else are you going to do, geez.

MileyDancer

Reaction score
Well, he's explicitly said it within the last two weeks.

I know everybody wants to see Garrett fired so bad they interpreted that as the opposite of what he said, but I think that's a real stretch.

Jerry likes this staff, and he's committed money to it. He won't change unless he reall has to.
You've been a fan for how long, and you still believe everything Jerry says? Lmao. Ok.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You've been a fan for how long, and you still believe everything Jerry says? Lmao. Ok.

I believe some things Jerry says. And I believe my read on his actions.

And I know he doesn't like to eat money on coaching commitments. And I know what Stephen and the organization thinks about Jason generally.

And then when he comes out and tells you he likes the staff, I believe him.

Jerry will keep Jason unless there's a good financial reason to let him go. He'll generate interest in the team via free agency, instead.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
So right now, I'm indifferent on Dak Prescott. I'm stuck in between right now because I believe two things. To win a Championship, you must have a great Coach and a great QB. The reason I'm indifferent right now, is because I absolutely HATE Jason Garrett and his philosophy. His scheme stinks. His route tree's stink. His defensive philosophy stinks, although it is somewhat successful against abysmal teams.

So in my mind, you have to believe in one or the other. Why? Because if you don't like Garrett and his system, then how could you root against Prescott, who's only as good as his coaches.

Switch out the coaches, if he still sucks, then he's also the problem. If the guy never had success in his life, I'd just be down right against Prescott.

I've seen 10 years of Garrett and I'm done. I've only seen 1.5 years of Prescott. I don't like what he's doing right now, but I really don't like his routes or scheming either. So as much as I'm dogging Prescott, I'll give him leeway over a guy who's been here a decade and still can't manage to do squat.

Now, I hated Romo as QB. Why? Because he was a regular season hero and I wanted post season success which never really happened. Now who's fault is that? Was it the coaches fault, who are still here by the way, or dumb mistakes by the QB? So now if they hire new coaches, and Prescott succeeds and wins a Super Bowl, I will take back everything bad I said about Romo because obviously the coaches were completely inept during his tenure here.

At the end of the day, I don't really give a **** about any 1 player on the Cowboys including Dak, Dez, Lee, Elliott, Lawrence, etc. Why? Because I'm a Dallas Cowboys fan, not a fan of one player. What I am a fan of is winning Super Bowl titles, and guys who help to do that, that's who I will cherish.

MS17

Reaction score
The discussion of this HC and whether or not he should be removed is as polarizing as any commentary I remember. End of the day, Jerry Jones is going to stay with what he's "most comfortable with" and I truly believe that this season's outcome will not figure into his decision as to what he will do with Garrett for the duration of his current contract. Jason is a personal friend of the family, Cowboys are making money, and he'll be coaching the Cowboys next year. Go ahead and rationalize any way you wish. I just don't see this owner making tough decisions right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.